Carl Crawford is running wild... Ties modern day ML record with 6!

6 SBs today
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Too bad he won't have a chance at 7...

17 SB
0 CS
eek.gif

2nd = Ellsbury with 13 SB
3rd = Abreu with 11 SB

and leading the league in CS..... Hanley Ramirez + E. Dukes, 4 CS

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

You might enjoy this article Ace http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/outfielders_take_knee

BOSTON-As the 2009 baseball season progresses, major-league managers are defending against Red Sox DH David Ortiz by employing what they call the "Big Papi Shift," a defensive maneuver in which infielders move up past the pitcher's mound and outfielders take a knee and relax. "It's very effective," Minnesota Twins manager Ron Gardenhire told reporters. "If David makes contact with the ball, which is rare in itself, he usually hits slow dribblers that catch infielders by surprise because of how weak they're hit. So, by moving the infielders up, and having the pitcher rush home plate after the pitch has been thrown, [Ortiz] has virtually no chance of reaching base. If runners are on when he comes up, we may have the outfielders cover first, second, and third to ensure a double or triple play."
fixed

laugh.gif
Shooting the bird at Jason Varitek the whole way...
sick.gif
How you give up 7 steals?

Or is Penny just that slow to the plate?

8 steals for the Rays. I know Carl Crawford is an absolute BEAST when healthy. But IMO Varitek looked more like a minor league catcher than Crawford lookedlike Ricky Henderson. I watched the whole game. 4 out of the 8 were excellent jumps. The other 4 were just ok. And Penny and company werent THAT slow to theplate. Sure they werent fast, but definitely not that slow.

So Varitek allows a track meet.....he cant hit a lick anymore....you can say he manages the pitchers well, but so far the staff as a whole is near the bottomin team ERA..........doesnt the Red Sox organization have someone in the minors that has ANY potential at the catcher position? Because Varitek just isntgetting it done anymore.

*waits for Boston fans to come in and defend him*

I'm pretty sure Boston fans know he doesn't have it like he used to... How old is he? I would say he's more in the lineup as a leader and anoccasional big hit. He has a knack for those...

Originally Posted by dland24

So Varitek allows a track meet.....he cant hit a lick anymore....you can say he manages the pitchers well, but so far the staff as a whole is near the bottom in team ERA..........doesnt the Red Sox organization have someone in the minors that has ANY potential at the catcher position? Because Varitek just isnt getting it done anymore.

*waits for Boston fans to come in and defend him*
nope...we don't have anyone ready to step up yet. we really should have found someone in the offseason, someone he could work with for a year.

JD617...the correction to ortiz is VERY on point
laugh.gif

They really should have traded for one of Texas' catchers when they had the chance... But Epstein thought fair value was any pitcher aside from theBuchholz/Masterson/Bowden/Hagadone group...
laugh.gif

Your loss...

first thing that came to mind was is Wakefield pitching
laugh.gif

I think he pitched yesterday
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nnarum

I have Abreu and Crawford on one of my fantasy teams
pimp.gif
On one team, I opted to get Magglio instead of Abreu
smh.gif

On another team, the GM I'm facing has Crawford