Carmine VI Restoration. Check it out. EDIT!: NEW PICS FILLED IN MIDSOLE!

Sup NT,
Not sure where to put this but sneaker art gets no traffic and I've seen some restorations posted in here. I got a pair of Carmine VIs of ebay for100shipped. When I got them I deciede to restor them. Here is the pics. Let me know what you think.

***BEFORE***

***TAPED UP**** (Took like 6 hours to tape)
sick.gif

****AFTER***

****EDIT*** HERE IS THE NEVER VERSION (FILLED IN CRACKS AND CHUNKS MISSING AND REPAINTED PARTS OF MIDSOLE)

Here is the filled in version. Scroll up to check the diference.

This had a lot of cracking. Really pleased with this part of the midsole.

Filled in a little cracking on the black here.

Thanks for the comments everybody. Keep em coming!

Wow..how on earth did you do that? Can you explain ur process..i have a pair of OG Playoff 13's i need to get in good shape again..they came from a homewhere people smoked and there nasty..

Thanks guys.

dmxgod: You should start out by cleaning them (I forgot to so its not a big deal.) Then I taped up all except for the white parts. I got FLAT white spray paintand sprayed VERY VERY light coats. I did about 3 but could have done more (just didnt want to mess it up.) I let them dry then took off the tape. Then Ipainted the black. Then I was done.
I can do your pair. PM if your intrested.

Good job...Its too bad you can't fix the missing midsole, maybe you can try bondo...either way, I love a good restoration job...

Great job, I think I saw that pair on ebay, was thinking if I wanted to try and restore them or not, given they wont be wearable.

Great work though.

those came out very nice..

here is something to fix/fill the cracks..

by a product call DP caulk that you can sand...it usually in a small can, kinda like this..make sure its SANDABLE..

getImage.aspx

basically, what i used to do is set it(glazing/caulk) into the cracks and allow it to harden, then sand it down to a smooth feel until it blended with theuncracked protions of the midsole..then i would use a simple coat of paint to make it smooth and paint it with the regular matching colors...i takes about aday or two to dry

i bought two types of sand paper..1 rough and 1 smooth..i would being sanding with the rough sandpaper, then move onto the smooth one when i was getting closerto the midsole

Angel

ps, contact me at

funkdoctor73fromnt@yahoo.com if you want to me help you step by step...

So you painted the white, now are you goign to finish the job? The soles are piss yellow still, there is a huge chunk missing out of the midsole, youdidn't even paint any of he midsole. No offence but to me they looked better before you started. The only thing different is the white is alittle brighterand honestly to me it makes the shoe look tacky without the rest of the job being done but that's just my opinion... I guess as long as you're happythat's all that matters...

Originally Posted by metalmaned

So you painted the white, now are you goign to finish the job? The soles are piss yellow still, there is a huge chunk missing out of the midsole, you didn't even paint any of he midsole. No offence but to me they looked better before you started. The only thing different is the white is alittle brighter and honestly to me it makes the shoe look tacky without the rest of the job being done but that's just my opinion... I guess as long as you're happy that's all that matters...
Im sorry these dont satisfy you. I dont have any seaglow to do the soles anyways I dont think that stuff works to well. It is hard to replace themidsole; I got some advice on how and going to try that. I painted the black and not going to do the red because I know I can't match the color. Thanks forthe reply though (no sarcasm). I like to hear everyones opinion.

very nice on the painting you should go ahead and fill up the cracks and sea glow the sole if you want

dang good job but 100 for them? you better pray that these do not come out with nike air on the back... lol. thats my opinion. but good job on the restoration.bapestar give us your opinion.

Thanks everyone. I think 100 was a good price for them. I posted the restored version in the price check and they think worth between 200-250 now.

Anybody want to let me know how much they thinnk they are worth?

200-250 is about what I would pay for them. I don't know a ton about the value of vintage sneakers, but based on what I've gathered that is about therange I would pay for them....anyways really nice job....I personally think they came out much better....hopefully you can continue to get that classic lookinggood again.......it's just too bad that they got the way they are, but you really can't expect anything else

Back
Top Bottom