Cars Are Stupid!

At one point there were talks about only allowing certain riders who are able to afford certain time windows of the day to ride the train system, to eliminate the "less desirable" riders(that's been mentioned above) and make it "safer" during those times of the day.

It depends on which line you take. I usually take the 54, T, 8, or 14. Out of those 4, the T is the only problematic one as far as being on schedule. As far as dealing with crazy people, San Francisco has always had crazy people, especially the 14. You probably got used to Europe. Bart was really ****ty for most of 2020, but it's pretty much back to normal.
thankfully, i only needed to take the bart within the city and could pretty much hop on any of the trains for my last job.
haven't been on bart since the pandemic. stopped wearing headphones a long time ago. not going have some crazy person or some fool try to run up on me

A bus?

I’d rather take my chances on a Jetpack.
“Tra-la-la-lumpa-doooo!!”
1634878397816.gif

Last edited:
Random, but I feel like we should be past driving cars.

The older I get, the more stupid **** I see on the road...... its dumb.

Is there a movement for less cars and more public transit out there?
I see so many accidents on the freeways.. :smh:

And people driving scared.
sidenote...i just think there are a lot of bad drivers in general. not sure about the rest of the country or other parts of the world. feels like people are just impatient and looking out for themselves when they are on the road

i remember getting in a co-worker's car and she was stressing out and honking at other drivers and we barely went a block. i was thinking, she should not be driving and how the hell she passed the driving test :lol:

sidenote...i just think there are a lot of bad drivers in general. not sure about the rest of the country or other parts of the world. feels like people are just impatient and looking out for themselves when they are on the road
True, I just think the rain amplifies it.

The older I get, the more stupid **** I see on the road...... its dumb.
Most of the stupid **** I see people do on the road is because they are not properly taught the rules of the road and why they are important.

These days, my commute is mostly on the highway, and some of the stuff I see is baffling:

People who slow down to merge

Folks camping in the left lane and creating jams out of nowhere

Mofos who don't adjust their headlights for oncoming traffic (or worse, tailgate you with their full beams on)

Mofos who race you when you're just trying to change lanes

And in the city, folks can't even follow the simple "first come, first go" at stop signs. They simplified this **** too (in other countries, the rule usually is "whoever's on the left/right side yields"), and it's still difficult.

i remember getting in a co-worker's car and she was stressing out and honking at other drivers and we barely went a block. i was thinking, she should not be driving and how the hell she passed the driving test :lol:
They've been giving driver's licenses to people who can't parallel park. What do we expect?

Some people are stupid...we gonna get rid of them too?

Car/tire companies etc and politicians are the reason we don't have better infrastructure. The US use to lead the world in rail until the rail companies were bought up and shut down....by said car/tire companies.

I do want to get rid of stupid people. It will greatly improve the quality of the human population. Look at the anti-vaxers and give me one good reason they should be able to reproduce?

When there's the 4 way intersection first come first go is the rule, but just use your hand to signal to other drivers to go, then you go.

I do want to get rid of stupid people. It will greatly improve the quality of the human population. Look at the anti-vaxers and give me one good reason they should be able to reproduce?

Anti vaxer meant something completely different prior to 2020-21...

As long as you're willing to put yourself, people you know and actually like/love on the chopping block and not just certain groups of people

China had a great idea a few decades ago and that didn't quite work out the way they planned...they loosened the rules up a few times and the birth rate is still falling.

Last edited:
Don't think Anti-vaxers were looked at differently, i'm sure folks were pretty peeved catching chicken pox in 2019.

I was referring to the actual people. Vaccine causing autism crowd is a bit different than the current iteration. And the views on the latter are much more extreme.

Nah. I like driving. I hate traffic tho. Ideally, I’d have an EV for my work commute and a loud, gas guzzling, tire spinning, oil burning, gear shifting toy for the rest of the time.

Cars and motorcycles are just fun and freeing imo.
If we got rid of cars and it was only public trans then everyone would be on a schedule. I like being able to just hop in the car to get food or drinks whenever I want. Also not waiting outside in these MN winters if I don't have too.

America should have Bullet trains like Japan

Canada too

Something that connects Niagara Falls, Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal
This. What ever happened to that high speed train that was supposed to connect NorCal and SoCal? Same thing for DC to NYC. America claims to be progressive but slow af at technological advancements.

This. What ever happened to that high speed train that was supposed to connect NorCal and SoCal? Same thing for DC to NYC. America claims to be progressive but slow af at technological advancements.
Put on hold. Cities in between la & sf fought for stops too. If granted, the stops will take as long as a plane. If moving forward there just might be multiple rails for it.

Back
Top Bottom