Catholics gon Catholic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these articles prove that atheists tend to have higher IQ's and pursue higher education than religious people. Cool.

Unfortunately IQ =/= intelligence for obvious reasons and we all know this. In relation to the OP and debate going on, I would think other forms of intelligence would be more important.

As much as I hate what these people do, this isn't a valid point.

they were da people commissioning da works to be done...(sponsor & paying)

vaticana_019.jpg

u think folks doing this on their free time?
I don't understand your point. Since the church paid for art work like the one you posted, you're saying that we wouldn't have art like that without the church?

he aint got no point, he never does, he's just typing to type b

this thread is comedy tho

Racists who make it a point to be blatantly racist tend to leave an impression.

Maybe Meth will take note now.

Oneilmatt is the same dude who said that human beings started off white, and that black people were created from white people being out in the sun too long. He's also a self admitted Neo Nazi who wants to go to the World Cup in Russia to start @#$@ with non whites. Don't argue with descendants of generations of incest like him

Last edited:
Oneilmatt is the same dude who said that human beings started off white, and that black people were created from white people being out in the sun too long. He's also a self admitted Neo Nazi who wants to go to the World Cup in Russia to start @#$@ with non whites. Don't argue with descendants of generations of incest like him
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] you should write for HuffPost my dude. That is all complete nonsense not even remeotely rooted in reality. I know you think you can rustle my jimmies enough to spout some racist diatribe so I'll get banned but I dont respond to infantile tactics like that. Do better.

"Wants to go the World Cup to start **** with non whites" actually made me laugh out loud. Where do you guys come up with this stuff.

This should be a learning experience for some of you. People who you disagree with arent just all racists. This board is majority black. Id wager most of the mod and admin staff is as well. If I were actually racist, I wouldnt have lasted 5 minutes here. Open your minds and hearts.

Last edited:
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] you should write for HuffPost my dude. That is all complete nonsense not even remeotely rooted in reality. I know you think you can rustle my jimmies enough to spout some racist diatribe so I'll get banned but I dont respond to infantile tactics like that. Do better.

"Wants to go the World Cup to start **** with non whites" actually made me laugh out loud. Where do you guys come up with this stuff.

This should be a learning experience for some of you. People who you disagree with arent just all racists. This board is majority black. Id wager most of the mod and admin staff is as well. If I were actually racist, I wouldnt have lasted 5 minutes here. Open your minds and hearts.

Oneilmatt's comment is right here for everyone to see. I'll let you decide for yourself if this inbred idiot is correct about me lying or not

No because Africans only became black after millions of years of sun exposure and adaptation. They started out white which is why Europeans, etc. are still white. They left Africa early on.

In case you claim I edited your post or in case you go back to change it

http://niketalk.com/t/602374/thread...-verses-and-prayer-requests/840#post_21286992

View media item 2286945

Last edited:
Oneilmatt's comment is right here for everyone to see. I'll let you decide for yourself if this inbred idiot is correct about me lying or not
In case you claim I edited your post or in case you go back to change it

http://niketalk.com/t/602374/thread...-verses-and-prayer-requests/840#post_21286992

View media item 2286945
I obviously said that. I was obviously wrong. I legitimately didnt know. Sorry. You got me.

My point was more about you skewing everything else you put in that post.

Last edited:
I don't understand your point. Since the church paid for art work like the one you posted, you're saying that we wouldn't have art like that without the church?

bingo.

that joint pure marble...who was commissioning that wasn't da church?

we're talking about a small fortune in a era where people had nothing.

da Church was everything, period.

da damn pyramids or da Taj Majal wouldn't exist without a faith in a religion.

Religion was da original bankroller, city planner, builders, sculpturer, musicians, etc.

from Religion, secularism is born.

bingo.

Religion was da original bankroller, city planner, builders, sculpturer, musicians, etc.

Commissioning art doesn't mean you created it or are responsible for the creation of it. They simply paid an artist to make it. Its not like they sat around not creating art just waiting for someone to commission them.

In regards to structures like the pyramid you maybe right. We probably wouldn't have them without some sort of religious belief system. However that doesn't mean we wouldn't have something similar or better without it. The creative minds would have existed with or without religion.

No.

You was hype tho, you thought somebody gave a **** [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
Thats why I asked bud. I didnt think so. You got me though dude I was super "hyped!" [emoji]128517[/emoji][emoji]128517[/emoji]

bingo.

Commissioning art doesn't mean you created it or are responsible for the creation of it. They simply paid an artist to make it. Its not like they sat around not creating art just waiting for someone to commission them.

In regards to structures like the pyramid you maybe right. We probably wouldn't have them without some sort of religious belief system. However that doesn't mean we wouldn't have something similar or better without it. The creative minds would have existed with or without religion.

umm that's exactly what happens :lol:

these people ESPECIALLY back then learned a skill to be paid for.

330px-Sistine_chapel.jpg

The Sistine Chapel ceiling, painted by Michelangelo between 1508 and 1512, is a cornerstone work of High Renaissance art.

The ceiling is that of the Sistine Chapel, the large papal chapel built within the Vatican between 1477 and 1480 by Pope Sixtus IV, for whom the chapel is named. It was painted at the commission of Pope Julius II. The chapel is the location for papal conclaves and many important services.[1]

Church & state back then was tied at da hip, u just don't get da type of art or construction done without Religion, it just doesn't happen, people didn't even do things for themselves, they did things for da god(s)

you can go back as far as you want civilization wise too.

bingo.

umm that's exactly what happens :lol:

these people ESPECIALLY back then learned a skill to be paid for.

330px-Sistine_chapel.jpg

The Sistine Chapel ceiling, painted by Michelangelo between 1508 and 1512, is a cornerstone work of High Renaissance art.

The ceiling is that of the Sistine Chapel, the large papal chapel built within the Vatican between 1477 and 1480 by Pope Sixtus IV, for whom the chapel is named. It was painted at the commission of Pope Julius II. The chapel is the location for papal conclaves and many important services.[1]

Church & state back then was tied at da hip, u just don't get da type of art or construction done without Religion, it just doesn't happen, people didn't even do things for themselves, they did things for da god(s)

you can go back as far as you want civilization wise too.

I get your premise but you're putting a lot of stock into "religion did it". On the surface level you are completely correct, high level works like David and Perseus v Medusa wouldn't exist without religion but religion is not the root cause for artistry, music, science, etc. Religion did inspire some of, if not the greatest works of art we know of though. Especially when you get into marble and stone work.

Also marble wasn't as expensive as you're thinking, some of the greatest works were carved literally from throwaway blocks from quarries. David for example is from raw white marble.

And you gotta remember a lot of those leaders really into extravagant religious art back then were just overindulgent rich guys :lol: some of the pieces were less for god/gods and more to just show off. But you're making some good points here.

Back
Top Bottom