Cavaliers seeking to trade Larry Hughes...

Straight up for Smush Parker?

With the crudentials that Smush has (heavy sarcasm) he can be the backup PG that the Cavs need.

we'd get the short end of the stick no matter what. his contract is what, 60 mil? we arent gonna get anyone worth half that now. id say get rid of him,damon, donny, snow, shannon brown, gooden...i cant stand half the team to be honest

Originally Posted by belle155

we'd get the short end of the stick no matter what. his contract is what, 60 mil? we arent gonna get anyone worth half that now. id say get rid of him, damon, donny, snow, shannon brown, gooden...i cant stand half the team to be honest
You ain't the only one. Not a good weekend for Cleveland fans.

Cavs fans, ur problem is ur coach and believe it or not everyone in that locker room knows it.... Inconsistent coaching leads to inconsistent play... Guysdon't just FORGET how to play....

yeah true but its not a weekend thing, even when we were 1 of 2 teams left, i knew we wouldnt win with those bums. lebron needs real REAL help, no imitations.

Andre Miller has come up as well. I think we have a $3 mil trade exception because of David Wesley or something like that. If this is true, we might be able todo Larry straight up for Andre Miller, who the 76ers have reportedly desperately want to get rid of. Either way, NO Hughes > ANY Hughes

And don't be surprised if Ira Newble, D. Jones or Gooden are involved in any type of trade. BTW did anyone else read that DJ was singing Christmas songsabout being traded after last night's trade?

But I wouldn't be surprised if we're just unloading Hughes to make even more ($30 mil from what I've read) cap space at the end of the season, witha very solid FA class coming this summer...

^^If PHILA trades Miller it's to dump salary. Why then would they want Hughes in return?
Cavs fans, ur problem is ur coach and believe it or not everyone in that locker room knows it.... Inconsistent coaching leads to inconsistent play... Guys don't just FORGET how to play....
Is Pat Riley the problem in Miami, too? The players have to be held accountable for their play. Naturally, those who are complaining are the"driftwood" (word to Otis B.) and are over-paid. John Wooden, Red Auerbach, Pat Riley, Dean Smith or Phil Jackson wouldn't get much more out ofsome these bums on the team.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Very true SJS. I actually didn't think of that, I guess just restating some speculation I read on the Cavs.com forums.

laugh.gif
@ him going to NY... seems like an Isiah-type-of-move.

i'm not a hughes fan, but i dont think his game is a fit for the cavs.....ferry only signed him because he was the last good FA of the offseason after redddecided to stay w/ the bucks..

he should've stayed w/ the wiz, but you cant blame him for taking the money. arenas and jamison are FA's so the wiz may try to add him in case one ofthose 2 leave. hughes was a perfect fit for the princeton offense..

but, good luck trading him..

I'd take him in Dallas if they'll take any or a combo of JHerp, Hassell, Barea, and Fazekas for him. I might even give them Stackhouse, who is nobetter a shooter than Hughes.

The problem with the mavs and their fans is, we keep thinking more jumpshooting, more jumpshooting, we're losing in embarassing fashion in the playoffsbecause we need more jumpshooting. People neglect to realize, passing around the perimeter then jump shooting over the top of the zone (or spotting up to aspot when double teamed) is one of the least efficient ways to play against it. If you have a slasher, which I still believe Larry can do at a high level, whocan pass, score in the midrange, make decisions, then those jumpers become inside-out and not just shooting over the zone. Remember Quis Daniels in game 6 ofthe finals? Heat were playing a zone then and he just murked it. That's how you play against a zone.

About time they get rid of him. He is always hurt or out for something in the clutch

I can see any combination of Marshall, Hughes, am n J nes(
nerd.gif
), Pavlovic, Simmons, Ira and probably Drew leaving.

Back
Top Bottom