DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Then what are we talking about here?
You ain't reading the posts?

The complete inconsistencies with Snyder's version and what was actually done. Its a bit funny you'd try and support that with some alternate reality pics of Diana :lol:

And w/e war he thought that was a pic of :lol:

You so busy defending Snyder but even he said that pic isn't being used at all cuz he supports Patty's version of WW and what he had in mind does not mesh with it.

Last edited:
where in what I said, did I say “WW has never killed before”

flashpoint clearly isn’t the same versions of the characters we grew to know.. the point was that changes in the past could have major ripples throughout time

context matters

that‘s why I and a few others have specifically made the point about them pulling the trigger on that movie already.. we don’t have the base with those characters to be able to actually care about changes.. Plus we don’t know if some of the actors they had could actually pull it off, like gal
Your point of contention was that diana would not hold the heads of her enemies. I cited a few examples in the comics where she did this. There is no one definitive version of WW.

Your point of contention was that diana would not hold the heads of her enemies. I cited a few examples in the comics where she did this. There is no one definitive version of WW.

I literally cite 2 things to distinguish from norm

for example, we’ve been watching Medusa be beheaded in various mediums for decades

i never said “never”

You ain't reading the posts?

The complete inconsistencies with Snyder's version and what was actually done. Its a bit funny you'd try and support that with some alternate reality pics of Diana :lol:

And w/e war he thought that was a pic of :lol:

You so busy defending Snyder but even said that pic isn't being used at all cuz he supports Patty's version of WW and what he had in mind does not mesh with it.
Alternate reality or not, it happended in the comics. So it's not outside of the realm of possibility that her character would commit that action.

It's not about me defending Snyder (I don't have to), it's about pushing back on this narrative that a picture of WW holding the heads of her enemies somehow proves Snyder doesn't understand her character.

Alternate reality or not, it happended in the comics. So it's not outside of the realm of possibility that her character would commit that action.

It's not about me defending Snyder (I don't have to), it's about pushing back on this narrative that a picture of WW holding the heads of her enemies somehow proves Snyder doesn't understand her character.

I think it's more it's hard to give him the benefit of the doubt because it's him

There is no one definitive version of WW.

is Bruce Wayne’s mother normally joker?

cause this the joker in flashpoint

1609907359670.jpeg

Like I said I get it.

You don't identify with their being a main universe of these characters so why not have them be wildly out of character. It doesnt matter the majority of their comics have only existed in lile 3 or 4 main universes where they all behaved similar to previous versions (golden age to silver age to the modern age). A Superman raised to let ppl die to hide his secret is okay, Batman getting raped in prison is cool, etc.

"It happened in the comics" really isn't an excuse to me.

It's not about me defending Snyder
You do though.

WW holding the heads of her enemies somehow proves Snyder doesn't understand her character.
You right here. Snyder doesn't get characters for a whole bunch of other reasons.

is Bruce Wayne’s mother normally joker?

cause this the joker in flashpoint

1609907359670.jpeg
Normally? No. But she was in Flashpoint.

In modern incarnations Batman doesn't kill. But he killed and used a gun back when he was first introduced in DC comics. Does that somehow invalidate Batfleck because his batman killed in BVS?

Normally? No. But she was in Flashpoint.

In modern incarnations Batman doesn't kill. But he killed and used a gun back when he was first introduced in DC comics. Does that somehow invalidate Batfleck because his batman killed in BVS?

Batman was named Thomas in flashpoint

1609908032748.jpeg

Like I said I get it.

You don't identify with their being a main universe of these characters so why not have them be wildly out of character. It doesnt matter the majority of their comics have only existed in lile 3 or 4 main universes where they all behaved similar to previous versions (golden age to silver age to the modern age). A Superman raised to let ppl die to hide his secret is okay, Batman getting raped in prison is cool, etc.

Bro, what is with your obsession with Snyder's comment on batman and rape?? Clearly it didn't happen, so why keep bringing it up?

And nah, i'm not tied down to a specific version of a character. As long as the story is compelling enough it doesn't matter to me. Superman traditionally was a boy scout. I find that version of his character rather boring. I enjoy different takes on his character such as Red Son and Injustice versions of his character.

"It happened in the comics" really isn't an excuse to me.

...............I mean..........but it did happen in the comics. So that's justification enough for me.

You do though.

Again, I don't have to defend Snyder. As a fan of his DCEU movies what do I have to defend? I loved MOS and BVSUE. And I was apart of a campaign along with many others to get his cut of JL released. We were successful. Again, what's there to defend?

Last edited:
If we going with the early Batman defense he should be rocking red and have batwings.

bill-finger-bob-kane-batman-sketches.jpg
bob-kane-and-finger.jpg
d66oc8g-67cbd6a6-1550-408b-b2b2-cce34123c4c2.jpg

bob-kane-and-finger.jpg

d66oc8g-67cbd6a6-1550-408b-b2b2-cce34123c4c2.jpg

The whole Batman killed in his early days doesn't even apply. This has definitely been talked about before. Batman killed back then in the same sense that the Nolan Batman killed Ra's Al Ghul.

The idea that alternate universe exists so let's ignore the main universe depictions is dumb. DC hasn't even established the main versions so why jump the gun and start depicting alternate versions?
Bro, what is with your obsession with Snyder's comment on batman and rape??
What obsession?

Its a perfect example of Snyder not getting these characters.

I know you'd like to brush it off like it's no big deal but that **** only hurts your arguments when you go defending Snyder given his clear flaws and crazy *** views.

Clearly it didn't happen, so why keep bringing it up?
Cuz it clearly shows how much he doesn't get it. And **** if it were up to Snyder fans like you he would've made it happen :lol:

Like I said I get it now.

Last edited:
He’s bout to get recast and they’ll just say he’s from another universe. Sucks too cause I thought he was an okay Cyborg, but the movie didn’t reallly benefit him or anyone involved :lol:

Didn’t really like the Cyborg from Doom Patrol, Just a little too CW acting for me.

Leaning so hard in to the multiverse now instead of addressing their lack of black superheroes/characters (and other minorities) they're probably just gonna introduce heroes we already know and make them black.

Like they're doing with Hawkman in the Black Adam movie, and Catwoman in Batman, etc.

I’m done with DC universe. Ain't nah t no repairing this. DC just needs to stick to animation cause clearly it’s the one thing they have going for them
I wonder what the cost versus return would be on live movies and animated movies? I love the DC animated movies, so well done and acted. I think the true blue movies leave a lot to be desired. I figure you can make a decent return since you aren't paying an actor the normal rate for voice over work.

"There was such mistrust of a different way of doing things and a different point of view," Jenkins explained on Marc Maron's WTF podcast. "So that was definitely happening, even when I first joined Wonder Woman it was like, 'Uhh, yeah, ok, but let’s do it this other way.' But I was like, 'Women don’t want to see that. Her being harsh and tough and cutting people’s heads off, that’s not what— I’m a Wonder Woman fan, that’s not what we’re looking for.' Still, I could feel that shaky nervousness [on their part] of my point of view."

Not surprising.

:lol:

Its my understanding that Fisher quit/was gonna be fired but there's no talk of recast cuz they're probably not gonna go forward with Cyborg being a part of the JL whenever they do another JL movie.

If they take Cyborg out the DCEU completely that would be some bull****

the fisher dude did seemingly do a lot of kicking and screaming with no resolution in mind

Sadly don’t know many young black actors who could do it but they should get a dude who could pull off a little humor to play the next Cyborg.

Back
Top Bottom