[| -- CBS 60 Minutes Profile: Russian Billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov (NJ Nets Owner) (VIDEO) -- |]

Originally Posted by sam206

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

he easily is an OG...ain't no dude in Russia making bank without killing poeple...better believe that...
you are an idiot.
you obviously know nothing about Russia or Russian people.

Dude did you even watch the clip? Dude definitely has blood on his hands...especially with those type of deals he was making...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Wow....that was great to watch....

He's got to have some blood on his hands....seeing that footage of allof the brokers gunned down, and how he managed to somehow remainedunscathed is curious..... of course I'm just speculating, but theinterview mentioned that he had some good connections in the RussianGov't before he made it big....makes you wonder if he had an"untouchable" tag...

Also, selling your shares of a company for 10b a month before the wholemarket crashed.....hmmmmm.....party girls...insider info....who knows
laugh.gif

Anyways, welcome to America bro....

This.

he easily is an OG...ain't no dude in Russia making bank without killing poeple...better believe that...
you are an idiot.
I mean... it kind of said it in the same interview
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
(thats how people make it over there for the most part)

Saw this last night. Seems like he'd make a great owner though. And
laugh.gif
@ not knowing where your multi million dollar luxury yacht is.

you are an idiot.
laugh.gif
Imbecile.

Wow....that was great to watch....

He's got to have some blood on his hands....seeing that footage of all of the brokers gunned down, and how he managed to somehow remained unscathed is curious..... of course I'm just speculating, but the interview mentioned that he had some good connections in the Russian Gov't before he made it big....makes you wonder if he had an "untouchable" tag...

Also, selling your shares of a company for 10b a month before the whole market crashed.....hmmmmm.....party girls...insider info....who knows
laugh.gif

Anyways, welcome to America bro....
I don't think he wanted to sell his share, but because of the bad publicity, his partner made him sell them. If there was any insider info, I think his partner would've been informed also.

Word.

When they said "with no blood on his hands" I had to chuckle.

you are an idiot.
This guy's rise to power began immediately during the Post-Soviet Union era when order was minimal and gangsterism was running wild. Everyone was trying to get a piece - from ex military people to politicians with underground connections to organize crime groups accriss Europe - yet he remained untouched and amassed his fortune even more. You think all that just happened casually and he was "lucky?"

Do you really think a "regular" person would have been able to survive those years without having the backing of an army of thugs for "protection" let alone been able to get even wealthier without some organized crime group knocking on his door? The only people left standing were the ones who had enough posse to defend themselves as well as those who went on the offensive themselves.

If you don't think this guy and his people have ever had his opponents thrown into vats of acid or run power moves like that, you're kidding yourself.

I watched this on TV yesterday. This guy is a moron. He's the reason that "common" people hate wealthy people. A +@@+#* 20 minute segment about him and not one mention of him doing anything to help the greater good. I mean, if you got stupid money like that, why keep it to yourself? Instead he's buying yachts that he doesn't even know the location of and all this other dumb ##!%. He's part of the reason wealthy people are so hated. And on top of all that, he got lucky as hell! Had it not been for that dude tellin him to cash out, he'd still just be an average wealthy guy in Russia.

Originally Posted by JosephSKC

I watched this on TV yesterday. This guy is a moron. He's the reason that "common" people hate wealthy people. A +@@+#* 20 minute segment about him and not one mention of him doing anything to help the greater good. I mean, if you got stupid money like that, why keep it to yourself? Instead he's buying yachts that he doesn't even know the location of and all this other dumb ##!%. He's part of the reason wealthy people are so hated. And on top of all that, he got lucky as hell! Had it not been for that dude tellin him to cash out, he'd still just be an average wealthy guy in Russia.
Didn't watch the video cuz I'm at work, but did he say he doesn't donate to charities or did they just not ask him? You can buy yachts AND donate when you are ballin out of control.

Originally Posted by JDocs

Didn't watch the video cuz I'm at work, but did he say he doesn't donate to charities or did they just not ask him? You can buy yachts AND donate when you are ballin out of control.
Neither. You'd think that he would just say it, they shouldn't have to ask him imo. If he's flaunting all this other **#% you might as well show off all the good things you're doing to help out the people.

Neither. You'd think that he would just say it, they shouldn't have to ask him imo. If he's flaunting all this other **#% you might as well show off all the good things you're doing to help out the people.

But why does he need to do that...it's his money, and there is ZERO obligation on his part to help anyone else out. 

On the flip, I'm sure his companies have created many jobs for various people.  Is that not doing good?  Some of you guys hold the wealthy to such high standards and really turn your noses when they don't meet YOUR expectations....I don't get it.  *shrugs*

But why does he need to do that...it's his money, and there is ZERO obligation on his part to help anyone else out. 

On the flip, I'm sure his companies have created many jobs for various people.  Is that not doing good?  Some of you guys hold the wealthy to such high standards and really turn your noses when they don't meet YOUR expectations....I don't get it.  *shrugs*
He sold his share of the company
ohwell.gif

I know I come off as salty, but in reality I'm not. Regardless of what I or others think, the man will do what he pleases with his money, as will I. It's just a peeve to see that when I turn on the TV, Dude braggin about how he doesn't know where his 200 foot yacht is, but I didn't hear one thing good he was doing other then he is well-off financially.

People like Prokhorov have always interested me as has post communist Russia and the rise of people like this.  I read this book:

sfzbj8.jpg

Gives an in depth look @ people like Prokhorov and how they came to be.  If this is something that interests you, I would recommend this book.

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

So he doesnt own the whole team? Anyone know how much % he owns it?
80% . He basically owns that %@@$.
Dude knew international financial markets, so who knows he may have seen our financial crisis coming a mile away.
But yeah I doubt dude just miraculously caught all these breaks. Behind every fortune there's a crime.

And the "common" people always think that the wealthy HAVE to share their money.

I understand it woudnt hurt the wealthy to donate money to  organizations or whatever. But they are certainly not entitled to either.

Back
Top Bottom