Cd sales 3-16-10 Vol. Luda #1

Originally Posted by DJMano34

Originally Posted by Nasty Mane23

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Luda used to be one of my favorite rappers. Now I just find him to be corny.
This. But i kind of shocked at his numbers #Kanyeshrug
His raps are "corny" now because it is more commercialized;
and that is also the reason he sold as much as he did.

The same goes for any veteran rapper who has been in the game for a while.

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

Originally Posted by JPioneer

Luda used to be one of my favorite a great rapper. Now I just find him to be corny.

Congrats on the numbers though.

Luda still is a great rapper. don't let this corny concept fool u. I guarantee Luda's gonna come correct with his next album
pimp.gif

Let's hope so. I think I'm in the minority on Release Therapy...didn't like that one.

Naw i wouldnt say that he just made a fun album i guess....Just Like Common did With that Last one!! I dont think hiz career is over Though!!!!

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Still a favorite and a rapper with a great vocabulary. When he spits on real topics he rips it, I think he's just pumping CDs out to finish his contract.

^this

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Still a favorite and a rapper with a great vocabulary. When he spits on real topics he rips it, I think he's just pumping CDs out to finish his contract.

^this

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

Originally Posted by JPioneer

Luda used to be one of my favorite a great rapper. Now I just find him to be corny.

Congrats on the numbers though.

Luda still is a great rapper. don't let this corny concept fool u. I guarantee Luda's gonna come correct with his next album
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
i said that for the past 3 albums.... i give up.

i agree with the first statement...

next statement, Luda has a huge hit with How lOw, that crap stays on the radio, and appeals to mainstream....white ppl love that song, and who buys records?? All he needed was that one hit to get them to buy it.

Originally Posted by eight2one

next statement, Luda has a huge hit with How lOw, that crap stays on the radio, and appeals to mainstream....white ppl love that song, and who buys records?? All he needed was that one hit to get them to buy it.

^this its all about the Big faces yall dont know that

Originally Posted by windycity7

Originally Posted by eight2one

^this its all about the Big faces yall dont know that
isnt this luda's weakest debut in terms of numbers tho?

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

His career is OVER...

laugh.gif
You still holding on this TONY? Well at least you have a valid argument this time considering it is a rap album. Let me explain it to you for the millionth time and maybe you'll understand it.

50 Curtis isn't done. 1 MAYBE 2 people on NT said this. And they're wrong. You happy? Now you can breath.
HOWEVER, He is on the Decline. He is no longer in the top echelon (Jay, Weezy, Kanye, T.I, Eminem) He is now on the same playing field as Ludacris.

You come off as a smart individual so clearly you can see the difference in an artist going from 1 Mill in his 1st week in his 1st album/10 Mill overall from 1 album going to 160K (2 week sales might I add) landing the #5 spot/ Barely shipping gold to an artist going from 429K in his 1st week/ 3+ Platinum going down to 160K (landing the #1 spot)

So AGAIN no one is saying 50 Cent Boo Boo is done. We are just saying he isn't a top dog. It's like Kobe scoring 20 points a game getting 3 rebounds and 3 assists? Is he done? No he can still be a valuable asset to any NBA franchise. Is he an MVP canidate? Negative. Is he in the same breath as Lamar Odom and Shawn Marion? Yes. Will people say he fell off/lost a step. Well duh considering he used 35 points 5 rebounds and 4 assists.

So to explain for the last time
Top Tier: (Jay, Eminem, Kanye, Rapper Wayne, T.I)
2nd Tier: (Ross, Fab, 50 Curtis, Luda, Rockstar Wayne)

So just drink some vitamin water and relax Nay.

PS: It's fun typing like you
laugh.gif

I really do not understand how every release that comes out people say the rapper is done... Luda just hit #1 with his first week release of an album that wasn't widely promoted because half the people didn't even know it was out.

You guys make the worst predictions ever.

Originally Posted by Essential1

I really do not understand how every release that comes out people say the rapper is done... Luda just hit #1 with his first week release of an album that wasn't widely promoted because half the people didn't even know it was out.

You guys make the worst predictions ever.

yea it was

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

His career is OVER...

laugh.gif
You still holding on this TONY? Well at least you have a valid argument this time considering it is a rap album. Let me explain it to you for the millionth time and maybe you'll understand it.

50 Curtis isn't done. 1 MAYBE 2 people on NT said this. And they're wrong. You happy? Now you can breath.
HOWEVER, He is on the Decline. He is no longer in the top echelon (Jay, Weezy, Kanye, T.I, Eminem) He is now on the same playing field as Ludacris.

You come off as a smart individual so clearly you can see the difference in an artist going from 1 Mill in his 1st week in his 1st album/10 Mill overall from 1 album going to 160K (2 week sales might I add) landing the #5 spot/ Barely shipping gold to an artist going from 429K in his 1st week/ 3+ Platinum going down to 160K (landing the #1 spot)

So AGAIN no one is saying 50 Cent Boo Boo is done. We are just saying he isn't a top dog. It's like Kobe scoring 20 points a game getting 3 rebounds and 3 assists? Is he done? No he can still be a valuable asset to any NBA franchise. Is he an MVP canidate? Negative. Is he in the same breath as Lamar Odom and Shawn Marion? Yes. Will people say he fell off/lost a step. Well duh considering he used 35 points 5 rebounds and 4 assists.

laugh.gif

ANYone that sells UNDER 161K in there first week's career is OVER... (unless they were NEVER successful to begin with, then its a good thing)

Its written in stone...

How is 50 on Fab's level?? Jadakiss sold a good 100K more than Fab... (Provided neither of their albums were ANYthing to write home about)

Further more people in OTHER continents don't know the guys you put on the SAME level as 50...

His career is OVER...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

ANYone that sells UNDER 161K in there first week's career is OVER... (unless they were NEVER successful to begin with, then its a good thing)

Its written in stone...

How is 50 on Fab's level?? Jadakiss sold a good 100K more than Fab... (Provided neither of their albums were ANYthing to write home about)

Further more people in OTHER continents don't know the guys you put on the SAME level as 50...

ScottHall....that was pretty much dead on.

Harlem u were right earlier tho....yea Luda's career is done to, along with ya boy

and I wud say:
2nd Tier: (Ross, Jeezy,Drake,Fab,Lupe)
3rd  Tier (50 Curtis, Luda, Nelly, Snoop) *dead*

snoop and lupe are interchangable

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

His career is OVER...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Its written in stone...

ScottHall....that was pretty much dead on.

Harlem u were right earlier tho....yea Luda's career is done to, along with ya boy

and I wud say:
2nd Tier: (Ross, Jeezy,Drake,Fab,Lupe)
3rd  Tier (50 Curtis, Luda, Nelly, Snoop) *dead*

snoop and lupe are interchangable

I agree with this.
Lupe might not sell how we think he is when Lasers drops..

But I say switch 50 and Lupe, cause 50 sold more than Fab his first week.

Drake is destined to do gold first week, so he might be the top tier.

Yea I'm sure Lupe's next album is gonna outsell BISD...
eyes.gif

How do 50 & Luda get thrown in with Nelly & Snoop??... (2 guys that didn't even brak 6 digits their opening week)

I guess this isn't based on facts but rather FEELINGS...

& Fab & Ross are a tier above 50 even tho he sold more his first week and OVERall than both of them...

LASTLY... Where's Jadakiss?? He outsold 4 (soon to be 5) of the guys yall are claiming to be * insert here * tier rapper...

^ Only reason I throw them in is cuz they all have one thing in common....their core fanbase is gone

they may continue to put out music but it will never catch like it once did

Back
Top Bottom