Originally Posted by awwsome

Damn this B' Gaga still going strong 
smh.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

His career is OVER...

laugh.gif
You still holding on this TONY? Well at least you have a valid argument this time considering it is a rap album. Let me explain it to you for the millionth time and maybe you'll understand it.

50 Curtis isn't done. 1 MAYBE 2 people on NT said this. And they're wrong. You happy? Now you can breath.
HOWEVER, He is on the Decline. He is no longer in the top echelon (Jay, Weezy, Kanye, T.I, Eminem) He is now on the same playing field as Ludacris.

You come off as a smart individual so clearly you can see the difference in an artist going from 1 Mill in his 1st week in his 1st album/10 Mill overall from 1 album going to 160K (2 week sales might I add) landing the #5 spot/ Barely shipping gold to an artist going from 429K in his 1st week/ 3+ Platinum going down to 160K (landing the #1 spot)

So AGAIN no one is saying 50 Cent Boo Boo is done. We are just saying he isn't a top dog. It's like Kobe scoring 20 points a game getting 3 rebounds and 3 assists? Is he done? No he can still be a valuable asset to any NBA franchise. Is he an MVP canidate? Negative. Is he in the same breath as Lamar Odom and Shawn Marion? Yes. Will people say he fell off/lost a step. Well duh considering he used 35 points 5 rebounds and 4 assists.

So to explain for the last time
Top Tier: (Jay, Eminem, Kanye, Rapper Wayne, T.I)
2nd Tier: (Ross, Fab, 50 Curtis, Luda, Rockstar Wayne)

So just drink some vitamin water and relax Nay.

PS: It's fun typing like you
laugh.gif
Exactly correct. Add Drake to the top tier. The Game & Jeezy (possible throw in Cudi if the 2nd album performs) to the 2nd tier and you have the only people in hip-hop that matter one bit.

I think we are basing "tiers" on album sales too much.. Because even though they make music and sales is the name of the game relevance also counts for when their name is brought up how much discussion there is, or how much their name is brought up.. Also besides sales and how much they are discussed you have to factor in if they are making good music..

That is the fairest criteria and would provide the most accurate measure.

Originally Posted by Essential1

I think we are basing "tiers" on album sales too much.. Because even though they make music and sales is the name of the game relevance also counts for when their name is brought up how much discussion there is, or how much their name is brought up.. Also besides sales and how much they are discussed you have to factor in if they are making good music..

That is the fairest criteria and would provide the most accurate measure.

And I still stand by my statement. Heck that might make 50 go even lower. Everyone I know if I ask them what was Fab's single they say "Throw it in the bag". If I asked BISD's single few people would know. I dont even know. It's either "Get Up" or "Do you think about me" I guess.

Back
Top Bottom