Cd Sales 9-6-11 Vol. Lil Wayne 1 MILLION SOLD!

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

[h5][/h5]
[h5]September 7th, 2011[/h5][h2]All Hail Wayne.[/h2] Written by: Hyun Kim

So I’m Outside of the Club and You Think I’m a Punk

I joined in the Twitter banter when the disbelief kicked off. Someone in Florida responded saying that around his way, people don’t sit all day reading rap blogs, that they go to Datpiff to download mixtapes to listen to in their cars. He also pointed out that while he noticed New Yorkers were excitedly Tweeting about WTT’s release party in Miami’s LIV, most people in that city wouldn’t be let in to the club on any night, even if they could afford it.

The exclusive elite class was what hip hop used to rally against. WTT got criticized for being out of touch with their contingency. Jay-Z and Kanye are now the same establishment that they once sat outside of. Fully crossed over, not so much with their music but with their existence. They brag about hanging with Anna Wintour, Warren Buffet and Larry Gagosian and acquiring women and fashions with difficult spellings and pronunciations. They are brands, businesses, that don’t have to solely rely on rap for their lifestyle. Curated. Responsible to shareholders. Jay is married to the most flawless superstar in recent memory. It’s all so perfect.

C4 and Wayne are far from it. While the news of Jay’s unborn child breaks Twitter records, Wayne fathered four children with four women and got divorced when he was 24. He’s been to jail. He’s battled addiction. Wayne reminds you of people you know; he could be your friend or your cousin. To most, Jay and Kanye seem like people you aspire to be. As much as Wayne wants to be a goblin or an alien, he is more human, more real than Jay and ‘Ye. Hublot, who? They’re simply no longer relatable to the masses. Even when they get Frank Ocean of young people’s champions Odd Future it comes off forced. Of course he’d work with them, who wouldn’t? On the other hand, C4 features non-obvious, non-next artists like Tech N9ne, Shyne and Cory Gunz. Most influencers would’ve said no to those names in a focus group. But Wayne has them because he wanted them. It’s not methodical. It’s a little messy, like most of our lives. While it’s an event to bask in when Jay-Z smiles in his own video, Wayne is never not smiling. While Jay and ‘Ye are a business, man, Wayne, after 19 years as a rapper, still proudly claims to be a “blunt blowin’, Polo drawls showin’ / I don’t give a lovely mother**** !*% %%%#$.

I don't think it's saying that at all...I took it a different way. Good read nonetheless.

laugh.gif
dudes is really mad in here. wayne is one of the few artists that can still hit a mil in a week span. Waynes following>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.anybody else in rap right now (watch the throne included. i didnt even knew it dropped already). Flock is next. watch...

Back
Top Bottom