Cd Sales 9-6-11 Vol. Lil Wayne 1 MILLION SOLD!

dont matter how many records he sells....................to be at the top of the game you have to drop the best rap album of the year
tired.gif

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Yao Ming sold the most amount of NBA jersey multiple times... he the best player? NO.

Couldn't have said it any better than this.

But Recovery sold 741,000 first week.. And over a year later is still on the charts.. (61 weeks to be exact)...

And sold over 100,000 for 9 weeks straight (7 of which were at #1)

Let's just see if he is able to do those...

So if you are basing the "TOP DOG" on sales he has to eclipse these feats..

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

lol
it's cool
according to some people and NT

it's impossible for blacks to be racist

Guess this is how it is 
tired.gif

So you can hate on white people all you want and make sweeping generalizations, but say one thing about black people and it's the apocalypse? 
indifferent.gif

WAYNE CAN SELL ALL HE WANT, THEM LAW SUITS AND CHILD SUPPORT GON EAT HIM ALIVE!!!!
J wins again....

Originally Posted by Cuffy

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Bet $250 right now paypal on deck, white ppl hate Kanye and love Wayne....

I'm white and it's Kanye >>>> Wayne any day of the week. 

Yeah but you probably white like this

wiggers.jpg

But I'm talking this kind of white

White-Photo-Album-560.jpg

OMG.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

YMCMB absolutely RUNS hip hop right now tho. Like it or not, you gotta respect it. 

Im glad I didn't buy this album..... Lil Wayne is losing it to me.

Come At Me Bro!

It's not hard to dislike content when there's little to no content to begin with. (i.e. most of C IV)

Gotta give it up to Wayne, though. whatever he's been doing is working, regardless of how any of us feel about it.

Why do hip hop fans care so much about soundscan as if that in anyway relates to the quality of music?
& I see where Talib is coming from, but it's not about the content, the $+%# just sucks.
Wayne never had any content but he still made good music, now it's the former only.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by you big dummy

screenshot20110829at113.png
I gotta disagree with Kweli here. Not liking a song due to the content (or lack thereof) is perfectly reasonable.
Yup. I agree with what he was tryna get at though. I'm not tryna hear no children in africa political movement bulls**t but, I still think this sucks. No hate. Selling well doesn't mean your any good, it means your popular. Good for him. But I'm not putting him in my top 100 just 'cos he sells
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by tune205

Projections are based off of first day sells he probably sold 200,000 - 300,000 today alone which is still pretty impressive

but in a digital world if people were going to buy it they bought it today.
Same first day numbers for "Tha Carter III"
Ya'll really, really needa stop hatin' on YMCMB. They run rap. Point blank ya'll.
ohwell.gif

This.
Straight up. The Cash Money Camp been moving units since the 90's
pimp.gif

Don't really think you can compare emimen's sales to any other artist..honestly. He's white..and white people will cop.

Like someone said earlier, album sales != a good album. So what exactly does the album sales mean? That Yao Ming comparison was perfect.

YMCMB has a following, there's no denying that but lets relax, there's better music out here. I can't help but feel like Wayne isn't making music for grown men. Seems like he's going after the adolescence. He has his moments but I just don't know..

Originally Posted by Caerus

He's not selling more than WTT

Bet $250 right now paypal on deck, white ppl hate Kanye and love Wayne....

Stupidest thing I've ever heard...   White people love Kanye are you kidding me?

I looked on a few sites, didn't see ANY first day sales or first week projections.

Back
Top Bottom