CD stuck in car stereo... how to remove?

i removed the dah, the radio but i cant remove the cables.
i just want to open the top and pull the cd out.
it's a 2005 chevy silverado...
any help?

Just get LIFTED
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

Your gonna need to remove the radio, and then the top of the radio to get it out.

thats the part i couldnt do.
i give up.
besides even if i get it out ima need a new cd player

Originally Posted by ThaPeoplesChamp

Your gonna need to remove the radio, and then the top of the radio to get it out.

i give up.
There should be some small screws either on the top or the bottom of the radio. They may be under the stickers or tape, but they're there. The screws could also be on the back if the chassis of the radio slides on and off. The screws will most likely be a star-drive because the people who designthese things have a twisted sense of humor.

Originally Posted by ThaPeoplesChamp

i give up.

Just cut you loss on the cd, im sure you can get a new one and just cop a new radio. Hopefully in the mean time FM still works

try removing the one of the battery terminals. so it'll reset your deck. the CD might automatically pop out when you re-plug the terminals.

You said you were having problems removing the wire harness from the back of the radio. Try this. Remove the screws that hold the AC in place and move itforward. It will give you more space to reach and unplug the stereo harness.

Back
Top Bottom