~~~~| Celebrities Rockin Heat (Fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. IV | ~~~~

I've only owned the 01 and dmp and have had zero issues whatsoever.

You could have gotten ogs still in good shape in 01 but I was just a kid and didn't have money like that so I got the 01s as a gift.

Was very very happy. Lotta memories.
Got the dmp cuz I didn't think they would release Concorde about every 5 years lol

Never owned the 2011

I'm not a huge stickler on quality tho unless it's super bad like mars blackmons

worst XI's were da countdown black and reds...bad cut so they ran extra small, bad patent height, and da 23 would rub off easily.

after that was da 2001...they were a HUGE downgrade from 1996. that 5 year difference was stark.

2011 brought da feeling back..
surprised u never bought em SC kid SC kid , that was da air-randy era...da hell was you doin? :lol:

I don’t care what the quality is that ruins the shoe. shape and proper aesthetics is everything to me.

so how can you big up a 2001 Concord? da patent leather was thinner, cheaper, lower, different mold, da blue tint was gone, and they yellowed faster... it was probably da biggest drop in quality from one release to another from 1996 to 2001 outside da 2002 XI black & reds to da countdown pack versions.

so how can you big up a 2001 Concord? da patent leather was thinner, cheaper, lower, different mold, da blue tint was gone, and they yellowed faster... it was probably da biggest drop in quality from one release to another from 1996 to 2001 outside da 2002 XI black & reds to da countdown pack versions.

I agree about the blue tint being gone and the sole yellowing fast I hated that. Tbh the patent leather didn’t bother me on the 01. It wasn’t that bad. The cdp patent leather cut was ALL ****** up and imo so was the 2011. After the 2016 space jam they proved they can get an og right so I’m not accepting anything less on an XI going forward.

Tbh the patent leather didn’t bother me on the 01. It wasn’t that bad

duke it was horrible...chill.

people forget da patent leather had that white outline on da edges because it was that thick and durable as a testament to da materials, we're talking about Taiwan made Jordans here b...they've never returned to making it thick ever again, sure da height is back in 2018 but that weight & quality? in 2001? :lol: nah b.

2011 was a blur.

nah b....where were you at? if u just wasn't around thats fine, but being a blur? nahh :lol:

ish was raucous personified...it set da tone for every jordan release for damn near 4 years.

countdowns in 2008 were a breeze.

space jams in 2009 were easy in comparison.

cool greys in 2010 was cake.

2011 i wanted to kill someone :smh:

nah b....where were you at? if u just wasn't around thats fine, but being a blur? nahh :lol:

ish was raucous personified...it set da tone for every jordan release for damn near 4 years.

I mean a blur for me lol

I was in college. Sneakers weren't so much of a priority that year.
I definitely remember the chaos around that release but I already had the dmp and my money was going other places.

Weren't 98's retroed like 3 or 4yrs ago? They sat then though. Still need the Gundams and Tour Yellows

Lol the 97s used to go on sale for $50 when I was at footlocker. The OG silver and red and the silver and green :lol: same ones that resell now

Prestos were like that too. Them joints were $19.99 no lie

if Fabolous was Spider-Man, conceited is Venom...if you're a jersey conneisuer like i am and into kicks he's pretty much got that conquered.

ya critique of him is he dont wear enough regular casual clothes...he lives in da east coast so im sure home boy got a mean coat/jacket game too.
he actually spends more time out here it seems, he's got a condo downtown

video is legendary, I remember that 2011 thread on here was pure chaos

ammonia :rofl:

shoe connoisseur :rofl:

get money boyz :rofl:

Lmaoo the end is hilarious the reporter is like “alright alright now no shameless plugs” :rofl: :rofl:

CLASSIC! Them dudes legends forever

97's always been poppin...98's got da "haven't been retroed in forever" novelty to em.

You couldn’t give away 97’s 4-5 years ago and 98’s are the Frankenstein follow up. I vividly remember Reebok DMX’s and Air Max TN’s making Air max 98’s look like a joke. I remember because my mom tried to buy me a pair of 98’s but I was begging for DMX’s and we settled on TN’s or Plus’s as they’re oddly referred too now

I had these in 98

13642995_611667095678103_1057570440_n.jpg

I remember seeing these alot too.
Maybe even more than the og 98
nike-air-max-98-history-3-680x453.jpg

Back
Top Bottom