~~~~| Celebrities Rockin Heat (Fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. IV | ~~~~

Which, there’s nothing wrong with being effeminate or in touch with your emotions. But I hate when the masculine male or whatnot gets attacked. Like, there’s room for everything in current society. So much so that, if you dislike something, you really don’t even have to entertain it. There’s something for everyone nowadays
Man I am easy you can do whatever you want, just don't bring that over here and try and force it on me.

Which, there’s nothing wrong with being effeminate or in touch with your emotions. But I hate when the masculine male or whatnot gets attacked. Like, there’s room for everything in current society. So much so that, if you dislike something, you really don’t even have to entertain it. There’s something for everyone nowadays

Yeah, nothing wrong with emotion but the attack, for lack of a better term, on men comes right out of the universities, particularly the Humanities. I've taught/teach at various universities and there's this ideological push by the humanities from the material they teach to the lectures which focus on power structure and how they need to be tore down. All that is leaking into the mainstream.

Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 8.12.53 PM.png

Rocked this song to death when my son was born. Specifically this Large Professor RMX.

Still on my Rap running playlist....

Money train and Selena came out in 1995 and 1997. She DEFINITELY was on the radar, or some high executives radar. So, you’re right. Well over 20+

on da radar ≠ enough clout to be considered overated.

MV5BYWZlMzIwYzYtOWZiMi00ZGEzLWFhYmQtNmEzYzJlNDg1NjhjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

she wasn't even on da billing...

Selena was her breakout role, and even then it wasn't mainstream in America from what i remember.

i dont care either way.

That situation with Puffy,pdiddy,sean combs or whatever you want to call him is what helped people pay attention to her,then she did a lot of songs with rappers,black artist to get urban radio and it gradually went from there.She's not that talented when it comes to music or acting but I believe she worked her way to where she is,which is what you're supposed to do.The media talks more about her relationships than what movie or music she's doing,again thanks to you know who.

All of that talk about Spanish this or that is just fluff because no one knew who Selena was on a mainstream level outside of people from her culture and her country and it wasn't her music that made the mainstream media pay her attention,it was the story behind her death that made everyone else take notice.That movie probably sold better when it was a dvd than it did at the theaters in certain regions,California,Texas it probably did well.I know who she is and I can't tell you one damn song she's done but I know her story,which was terrible.She's not going to get burn like the Biggie movie or NWA,La Bamba movie from the 80's,I know Richie,I know his song,that's as far as it goes.

That situation with Puffy,pdiddy,sean combs or whatever you want to call him is what helped people pay attention to her,then she did a lot of songs with rappers,black artist to get urban radio and it gradually went from there.She's not that talented when it comes to music or acting but I believe she worked her way to where she is,which is what you're supposed to do.The media talks more about her relationships than what movie or music she's doing,again thanks to you know who.

All of that talk about Spanish this or that is just fluff because no one knew who Selena was on a mainstream level outside of people from her culture and her country and it wasn't her music that made the mainstream media pay her attention,it was the story behind her death that made everyone else take notice.That movie probably sold better when it was a dvd than it did at the theaters in certain regions,California,Texas it probably did well.I know who she is and I can't tell you one damn song she's done but I know her story,which was terrible.She's not going to get burn like the Biggie movie or NWA,La Bamba movie from the 80's,I know Richie,I know his song,that's as far as it goes.
Selena got banders son. dont sleep

Was first introduced to Jennifer Lopez through Selena. Didn’t see the movie til ‘97 when it was coming on HBO everyday. Coincidentally that is the same time she was in Anaconda which I saw in theaters cause my older sister pretended to be my mom :lol: and the “Been around the World” video with Puff and Ma$e. She was bubbling heavy and then blew up after that with this song and video that was EVERYWHERE once it premiered

MTV and BET was playing this **** like 20 times a day minimum. She set the world on fire after that. A couple Versace dresses here, Puff and Shyne nightclub shootouts there, Ja Rule duets, Bennifer, ****ty movies like Maid in Manhattan and Enough and some years pass and here we are with J. Lo still relevant. She’s overrated but I’ll still smash.

A retrospective brought to you by NT’s fashion police.

because no one knew who Selena was on a mainstream level outside of people from her culture and her country and it wasn't her music that made the mainstream media pay her attention,it was the story behind her death that made everyone else take notice.

nah, she was a superstar before her death...

sold out Astrodome back in da day...

268x0w.jpg

this joint was evvvvvvvverywhere when it dropped.

nah, she was a superstar before her death...

sold out Astrodome back in da day...

268x0w.jpg

this joint was evvvvvvvverywhere when it dropped.

Moved from Queens to San Antonio back in the early 90s. Had no clue who she was when I got there, didn’t take long to find out though. If I’m not mistaken City Council (or someone on it) is trying to create a designated holiday for her. $0.99 reusable bags sold at the local grocery retailer, created a Black Friday vibe awhile back and the resell on them ****s was like $40-50.

I see where you’re coming from, just trying to figure out what you meant by her country?

Lmao dude really thought nobody knew bout Selena until after the movie

I didn't know about her until she died and that song "I could fall in love" was played everywhere

But yea that was like 2 years before the jlo movie

Back
Top Bottom