CENTRAL [Orlando] FLORIDA NTers: How is it out there?

What's crackin', Florida...

Few of you might know me, most of y'all for sure don't. Anyway...

...I'm coming all the way from Southern Cali. LA to be exact,

And I got accepted to Full Sail... My start date's in November, and I'm pretty much gonna go for it.

Don't know if any of you get this feeling, but I just felt like I needed to get away for a bit...

...which is why I'm going for this Full Sail move.

What I'd like to know is... First and very foremost:

THE WEATHER? :lol:
laugh.gif

I fear being a sticky, sweaty, stinky bastard... I already die in 80 heat here, so what more out there?

The people?

LA... People are snobbed up, grouchy, short-tempered [that's me], extremely blunt/honest, etc.

Hoping you guys aren't the same... :lol:
laugh.gif

The traffic?

I'm sure you guys know LA is bad, and we got 9000 freeways...

...And if I'm not mistaken, I heard Florida's sorta bad too? You guys got 1 freeway, but 9000 toll roads?

The food?

Ehh, I mean... Not much of a big deal, like how the west coast has In-N-Out...

Just curious if you guys have anything east coast exclusive like that.

Nothing to do?

That's what I hear... Not much to do in Central Florida,

But not like it matters, since all I do when I'm out the house is work

And browse NT and sneaker/clothing blogs when I'm @ home.

Anything else to add? Feel free to post...

I will be visiting in July for a tour of the school,

And if all goes well... Then consider me an Orlando / Winter Park resident for a bit.

I appreciate all the cooperative replies, forreal... So speak your mind(s).

Peace!

Edit ~~~//> [Thread title edited]

FOR SALE/TRADE: Flint Grey VIIs (Size 9.5) or for trade with a (Size 9),
'06 Sheed AF1s (Size 9), Foot Patrol Air Stabs (Size 8),
LA Map AF1s (Size 8.5), COF Hype AF1s (Size 8.5), the DMP (Size 8),
and LA Map / Kobe Huarache 2K5s (Size 13)...
WANTED: CrisONE's DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE! Tee (Black/Purple) in Size XL!!

yo, wudup man. i mean, there's somewhat stuff to do here. there's a lot more stuff to do here than there is in tampa, but not as much stuff to do as in miami. first off, what is Full Sail? is that a college? and if ur from cali then weather is probably gonna be the same round here. there's a bunch of malls in central florida, some good food spots.
anyways, thats crazy, i live like 15 minutes from winter park and ive never heard of Full Sail
Ronco Knive Set

Oh btw...
ME > SCLUSE > SLOTH

SCLUSE!!!

Check it out: www.fullsail.com

It's an indepedent media college...

All I heard about it were good things, so I decided to apply at least.

As for the weather, you guys got the humidity... We don't.

i live like 20 mins from fullsail.

its hot as all holy hell down here, like 90+, but its gettin to the point where it rains for like 30 mins each day and then its sticky.

theres lots to do, if you're livin near the full sail campus, you're pretty much right inbetween all the UCF college bars, and downtown Orlando with all the clubs and other bars. pick your poison. i drink alot, so i know where the parties at.

we got Whattaburger's....they're pretty good, i dunno if there on the west coast.

if you want, get at me on aim - sosikwithit

UCF/Miami right here. lived 20 yeras in miami, junior at UCF now. i gotta bunch of boys that go to full sail, ur supposed to get ur degree like a year quicker i like wat ive herad about it. ur right on university Dr. about 10 mintues from ucf and about 20 minutes from downtown. but on the shoe side, cnat really help ya with hard releases n stuff, the only place i can suggest is florida mall of OBT, that FL gets some good stuff somtimes. but if ur lookin for good *** deals, orlando is the place to be. FIVE outlets. thats right, no state has 5 outlets, the city of orlando has FIVE outlets, ive found XX (bgrade) 19's, chambrays, DMP VI's, the works there. i just got my hands on black toe XIV's for 90$. and its not nearly as humid in orlando as it is in miami. and miami is just trouble waiting to happen, i had to get out of miami for a lil myself.

ive been there once for baseball (wide world of sports) and once for pleasure....

its an alright place....didnt really check out towns or nightlife when i was there for baseball (I was 15 at the time)

but i do remember it was rediculously humid during the summer.... and like the guy above me said, it seemed to storm really bad for like 45 minutes and then the sky would clear up, once or twice a day

the second time i went when i was 18, wasnt that great but it wasnt a loss....downtown orlando isnt that great from what i saw...but im biased cuz i have been around NYC and Philly all of my life

the outlets were pretty sweet .... and some girl took me back to her hotel from a club in downtown disney....if that gives you any indication of how the females are around there

"Cuz you know how some girls envy, cuz your ring shines like it was dipped in petroleum jelly....~~The great, infamous J-Rooga

Good looks on the replies, guys and/or girl(s)...

As for the suggestions of hittin' up bars, I'm only turning 20 so that's outta the question.

Even if I was of age, I probably wouldn't... I get sick to the smell of alcohol.

Past experience of mine makes me stay away now... >D
grin.gif

As for the "spots," thanks for informing me... But I know I won't be lookin' for shoes 7 days a week, :lol:
laugh.gif

And I'm sure as a student out there, I gotta cut down the sneakers

to avoid being a part of the "starving student" statistic, for sure...

More stuff to do would be greatly appreciated, 'cause all I'm hearing from people that stayed in Central Florida,

Is that there really is nothing to do at all... And I'd like to avoid that.

I'm sure it'll all change once I meet people out there going to school and settling into town...

...but keep the replies comin', they're much appreciated. :pimp:
pimp.gif

Peace!

yea...there's stuff to do here, u just gotta search...
hit me up imma be goin to skool like rite next to there
Ronco Knive Set

Oh btw...
ME > SCLUSE > SLOTH

SCLUSE!!!

Babump...

Once again, good looks on the replies.

I actually just got back from Florida...

Damn, y'all don't give a damn about signaling when switching lanes on the roads/freeways. :lol:
laugh.gif

Anywho, the school tour of Full Sail was actually pretty dope.

I can now see why all these magazines are labeling it as 1 of the best in the nation.

I plan to take up Recording Arts in November, and this course is pretty in-depth compared to a lot of schools out there.

Here are the only 2 pics I took: |I
tired.gif

1 of the dubbing stages

209rclg.jpg

1 of the 40+ workstations

209rfoh.jpg

From the tour, I must say... A pretty nice school.

But the town it's in... Winter Park? Damn, I was dying of boredom to be honest.

Street signs were barely visible... Barely any females... Nothing to do.

The heat? Pretty tolerable... But the thunderstorm that hit today (Monday), damn.

My flight was @ 3:25 PM, and we weren't able to take off until 6:30 PM.

Just felt like sharing since I have no blog... As for replies, keep 'em coming.

As for AIM replies, I'm never on AIM anymore 'cause work got me ODing on overtime... 13-hour shifts, 7 days a week.

Just keep bringing in the replies and show a Cali native how FL does it.

Side note: Your radio station's song rotation?

1.) Yung Joc - It's Goin' Down
2.) Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
3.) Beyonc - Deja Vu
4.) Young Dro - Shoulder Lean (?)

:lol:
laugh.gif

Peace!

i know a friend that stays in Winter Park, theres a college around there i pass by to get there (might be the one u went to) anyway a few exits before was down town orlando, nice spot for night life.

orlando itself is pretty into the shoe game.

orlando is know for having the best outlets around.

unkles, j-rods, and kid robots for clearance prices are just one of the jems that make it worth mentioning

theres always disney world.
[/center]

[/b]

girls in orlando are lovely.

trust me, they are here but the bus load. chicks everywhere....

like ghenges said, take a stroll towards UCF area, and you will run into lots of lovely lil ladies.

Quote:
Street signs were barely visible... Barely any females... Nothing to do.

ouch.. :lol:
laugh.gif

actually i had no idea what full sail was until i looked at the back of the latest rolling stone ....theres a big ad for full sail in one of the last pages

if thats what you love doing, youll definately enjoy it....you just gotta get a good group of friends and youll definately have a lot of fun around the orlando area....
"Cuz you know how some girls envy, cuz your ring shines like it was dipped in petroleum jelly....~~The great, infamous J-Rooga

thast cuz ur in teh most borring side of town, teh school that dude was talkin about in wihter park is rollins, lil private school (WACK). go east on university till u get to the ucf area, plenty to do, plenty of ladies. downtown is dope as well.

ive heard of full sail...well seen the commercials anyways

wheres the hoods in orlando??i knowi went to one side of orlando and that @#%$ was in nothing but straight spanish[[everything,,even the billboards]]..reminded me of east LA

Quote:
I'd say the hood is like west colonial anything past john young.

Go one block up and start on Tampa Ave. Everything from there down West Colonial/SR50 until Hiawassee is varying degrees of "hood." The real hood parts are Parramore, Mercy Drive, Tangelo, Ivey Lany, Carver Shores (sort of) and some parts of Pine Hills.
[/b]​

Thanks for the compliments![/b][/center]

Go naer the downtown area if you want the hood. Get off of I-4 and drive around for a lil bit and there you go or go down on OBT.

First Off, welcome to Orlando RHYTHMentality. Orlando is very much like any other city. Orlando weather is pretty warm & it tends to downpour in the summer afternoons. Traffic can be harsh. Girls by UCF are very nice. Of course there are things to do here, its the tourist capital baby! Besides the obvious Disney World & Universal Orlando, there is DT Orlando, a bunch of malls, and Cocoa Beach is about an hour away. The only thing here that is kinda lame is that most places stop selling around 2 am. (thats the curfew for alcohol sales), so since most clubs can't sell past 2, they close down. Hope you enjoy it here & good luck at Full Sail. Costco is your friend.
Don't Hate

i just came from orlando yesterday ad i liked it. I was trying to get a job at the rdv sportsplex hope it goes through

Back
Top Bottom