Chad Johnson gets 30 days in jail for slapping his lawyers butt

Everyone is saying F the judge. F the country for putting such absolute power in pre-programmed, pre-conditioned, and pre-prejudiced people. I use people in place of what most judges look like, but to have the livelihood and destiny of a person in one's hands in which they can be having a bad day or fulfilling an internal grudge......insane. And this is a reality some live literally from the day they're able to walk and talk.

Athletes and celebrities should already know they will be scrutinized by our legal system. Pay your lawyer, go to court, behave properly, and move on. No need to slap your lawyer's butt inside the courtroom; its not a football field. Celebrate all you want when you exit the courtroom. 

the nfl for him was more than likely done, but this really sealed the deal on re-entry. Wonder if he said anything when he slapped the lawyer or made some kind of outburst.... It has to be more than what the story is giving us...

IDIOT. :smh:

This dude. Say goodbye to any chance of an NFL career. Goodell ain't having this. GUARANTEE suspension if some team signs him.

Why are celebs/athletes such morons?

Say what you want about the judge, but he should KNOW better. Theres things you just don't do. ESPECIALLY in a court room. Have some class. Have respect.

Chad Johnson is pathetic.

It wasn't the smartest thing to do in context, but to just so capriciously throw a man in jail based on factors irrelevant to the case...I don't see how anybody can defend that. It's not this situation that sits wrong with me as much as what it reveals about the inordinate power of ordinary people in black robes.

I thought he had a female lawyer before I entered the thread.

Saw that he has a male lawyer. The judge was on some petty BS.

He got that for disrespecting the court room. Any of you who have been in a court room, should know what it's like. It's not fun and games in the court room.

if you think the judge was being petty. Try that, and see what will happen.

It wasn't a traffic ticket, he was facing jail time from a probation violation of domestic violence.

Under the terms of the agreement, Johnson’s probation would have been extended to December 21, and he would have performed 25 hours of community service.

“You better thank your lawyer. He did a great job for you,” Broward Circuit Court Judge Kathleen McHugh told Johnson after accepting the agreement.

Johnson responded by slapping attorney Adam Swickle on the butt. Which prompted the judge to call the whole thing off.

She believed Johnson wasn’t taking the situation seriously, so she rejected the plea deal and sentenced him to 30 days in jail.

He got that for disrespecting the court room. Any of you who have been in a court room, should know what it's like. It's not fun and games in the court room.

if you think the judge was being petty. Try that, and see what will happen.

It wasn't a traffic ticket, he was facing jail time from a probation violation of domestic violence.

QFT

People don't understand that you are at the MERCY of the court when you're in there. Its not play time. Its not social time.

When I had to go to court a good amount it would drive me crazy seeing dudes show up in baggy jeans, horrible shirts and expect to be taken serious....

I showed up in a suit EVERYTIME no matter what.

I firmly believe this country is getting dumber and dumber as the years go on. The movie Idiocracy is not far off.

The judge is stupid but he's the one going to court for something stupid .......... Ahhhhhh, ok..... Some of y'all please do not have kids

The judge is stupid but he's the one going to court for something stupid .......... Ahhhhhh, ok..... Some of y'all please do not have kids

:lol:

Whenever a topic regarding the law comes up on here its painfully obvious who is extremely young, doesn't know jack or a combination of the two.

It all started with him pleading "no contest" to headbutting a female so perhaps hitting a man on his butt in a courtroom wasnt the wisest choice for Mr. Johnson.  Keep your hands off other people.  I agree with you guys that the judge is suspect but Mr. Johnson should have been wise enough not to give these people any reason at all to take his freedom.  Judge obviuosly has a chip boulder on her shoulder...people like her are looking for any reason at all to drop that boulder on your head - and seek positions of power for just that very reason. 

hold up... can they do that?

I mean... on what grounds can she take that back?

cuz he thanks his lawyer?

I mean fine punish him for doing what you feel is disrepectful in your courtroom, but 30 days? these judges throw around jail time like it's frivolous. That's outrageous man, I'll never understand this trend of judges being offended by people being happy for not going to jail like that girl who threw up the middle finger. That's just a complete misuse of power, no matter how you swing it or who's in front of the judge.

This judge clearly had it out against him before he entered the court. Still he should have waited till after they left the court room before he celebrated cause these judges have the fate of your lives in your hand while you're in there.

the 30 days would be justifiable if his lawyer was gay and thought he was being sexually harassed. And even then 30 days is a stretch.

Like who did he offend? If I chest bump in the court I could get 30 days? What law is that breaking?

Jesus Christ I don't understand it. I get you have to be respecting and on your best behavior but if you're celebrating cuz you got CLEARED then...you should be cleared.

Back
Top Bottom