Chad Johnson gets 30 days in jail for slapping his lawyers butt

Mainstream translation!

Chad: Oh my God! i'm so excited! you kept me out of jail, you're the best! *slap
Lawyer::wow:
Judge: Oh you're excited to not go to jail in my courtroom! who the hell gets excited at the instance of good news?! 30 days!
Chad::frown:

I can understand being clean and behaved in court, but man you just had some good news, come on now.

laugh.gif

Whenever a topic regarding the law comes up on here its painfully obvious who is extremely young, doesn't know jack or a combination of the two.
this 
laugh.gif

dukes will say anything to defend their heroes

The comments about "disrespect" and similar concepts befuddle me. If you're throwing out jail time because you don't like somebody's shirt or the way they react to being mostly exonerated from a crime, you take your job too seriously and should be removed from the bench for abuse of power.

I understand maintaining an orderly environment during a serious procedure, and that's fine. If she wanted to fine him or something for contempt, that's her decision...but to rob someone of their liberty for no better reason than "I don't like you" is egregious as **** and is indicative of a very dangerous mindset where handing out sentences is involved.

As a judge, your job is to render judgement based on the facts relevant to the case...if you have determined that the actions of a person do not warrant jail time, "changing your mind" for any less reason than committing another prosecutable offense is wrong. Very human, but very wrong.

Defend it and her mighty sensibilities if you like, just make yourself comfortable with the fact that you could (for whatever or no reason) one day see your fate in the hands of a justice system which allows its' representatives to mete out punishment based not on what you've done, what punishment you deserve for doing it, and how people who commit crimes can bes be rehabilitated...but whether your conduct, attire, personal life and social status please the court.

Blind justice, indeed.

Last edited:
:lol:

Whenever a topic regarding the law comes up on here its painfully obvious who is extremely young, doesn't know jack or a combination of the two.

Seriously.

A judge wants respect. It is their opinion that matters in this situation and why even tamper that at all. I mean for the most part, don't even smile in court thinking you are getting off. Chad might have done nothing wrong technically but anything really can get you thrown in the opposite direction with a judging. Just like that one video of the girl acting up in court in front of the judge and the judge just gave it to her for acting immature.

The comments about "disrespect" and similar concepts befuddle me. If you're throwing out jail time because you don't like somebody's shirt or the way they react to being mostly exonerated from a crime, you take your job too seriously and should be removed from the bench for abuse of power.

I understand maintaining an orderly environment during a serious procedure, and that's fine. If she wanted to fine him or something for contempt, that's her decision...but to rob someone of their liberty for no better reason than "I don't like you" is egregious as **** and is indicative of a very dangerous mindset where handing out sentences is involved.

As a judge, your job is to render judgement based on the facts relevant to the case...if you have determined that the actions of a person do not warrant jail time, "changing your mind" for any less reason than committing another prosecutable offense is wrong. Very human, but very wrong.

Defend it and her mighty sensibilities if you like, just make yourself comfortable with the fact that you could (for whatever or no reason) one day see your fate in the hands of a justice system which allows its' representatives to mete out punishment based not on what you've done, what punishment you deserve for doing it, and how you can best rehabilitate people who commit crimes...but whether your conduct, attire, personal life and social status please the court.

Blind justice, indeed.

This would only happen in a better world. That is like saying a cops are all noble and do what is only right. Judges are not exempt from this. If they were, then every guilty person would get what they deserve and every innocent person would get off scott free. Just doesn't happen like that and that is why you should be on your best behavior if you want things to go the right way for you in court.

stupid *** Y.O.L.O. mentality mixed with "let that boy cook" mentality is the reason why the world is headed for diaster.

It's called contempt. O.J. got acquitted of Murder and didn't slap anyone. He took it in and celebrated later for a far worse crime.

It's a court room! Not a traffic court room with a lawyer playing judge but a real judge who controls your life, essentially.

I hope you immature kids and adults grow up.

Last edited:

Defend it and her mighty sensibilities if you like, just make yourself comfortable with the fact that you could (for whatever or no reason) one day see your fate in the hands of a justice system which allows its' representatives to mete out punishment based not on what you've done, what punishment you deserve for doing it, and how people who commit crimes can bes be rehabilitated...but whether your conduct, attire, personal life and social status please the court.

Blind justice, indeed.

Hey, phd... you're failing to realize he was on probation....

He already got the sentence and was still disrespecting the court.

This wasn't a case of this being his first offense and the book was thrown at him. It was a case of him making it about HIMSELF rather than the remorse and humility he should have exuded.

stupid *** Y.O.L.O. mentality mixed with "let that boy cook" mentality is the reason why the world is headed for diaster.

It's called contempt. O.J. got acquitted of Murder and didn't slap anyone. He took it in and celebrated later for a far worse crime.

It's a court room! Not a traffic court room with a lawyer playing judge but a real judge who controls your life, essentially.

have a seat my g.

Don't people celebrate non traffic court anyway.... Maybe not slapping the button but in some way. Don't getting twisted because Chad is an athlete

im pissed at the judge and ocho.

the judge needs to relax and not throw 30 day jail sentences around like a freaking baseball. that is tax payers money to keep ocho fed in the pen. ocho lost everything: his image, career, which was entirely his fault. i feel the judge was a "feminist" and wanted to prove a point according to her own moral standards when she easily could have just scolded him right then and there and let him be. now ocho is DONE. FINISHED. NO MORE. i think weve seen the last of chad ochocinco johnson. imo, the next time we see or hear about ocho is in an espn 30 for 30 documentary. im kinda sad because i wanted to see ocho come back one last time, but if nobody is going to take TO, what in the world makes u think theyll take ocho? hes OVER.

Ocho, what were u thinking? he just needed to slap his lawyers butt in front of the judge? stephen a smith brought up some great points and all i could do is SMH... i dont doubt that ocho has changed a lot in a good way because these types of situations help individuals grow. unfortunately, ocho couldnt display his growth with that one particular moment and now hes paying for that one impulsive move.

Goodbye Ocho, thanks for the memories.

Don't people celebrate non traffic court anyway.... Maybe not slapping the button but in some way. Don't getting twisted because Chad is an athlete
With cheers and hugs, not slaps on the *** that are clearly a way of showing up the judge thanks to his storied pass of show boating.

I know Chad personally from college but when he left cincinati he changed.

It's rediculous. Yeah I understand dressing up for court ad respecting the court but this is just overly petty and power hungry people like that shouldn't be in the positions their in if their going to abuse their power like that.

And I'm not going to paint chad as a martyr and innocent victim here because his dumb decision is the reason he's facing that hag in the first place.

However, recently there was a thread on here about a judge in PA that was taking huge bribes from private juvenile prisons in order to give teenagers maximum sentences to fill those prisons up. That said, judges have to much power and its hard to control them or reign them in when they make irrational decisions.

What sucks is that she basically encouraged Chad Johnson to thank his lawyer when she thought that he was being ungrateful for hiim recieving such a deal, at least from what it seems...

Then when he decides to stop being serious, he slaps him playfully, without ill-intent, and recieves jail time, stemming from what the judge felt about the courts reaction...

Seems a little harsh, IMO. Especially for something not related to what he's in court for...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom