changing fire red 3's into katrina 3's

Use Angelus duller to tone down the white, and Angelus is leather paint, so how well will it actually hold up on the rubber soles compared to another type of paint? On leather its Angelus hands down tho.

i never check in this area but was curious as how people's projects turned out changing their jordan iii's from fire red to katrina 3's. with the recent retro of the white cement iii's last year i've seen a lot of white cement iii's from 2003 available for cheap on ebay. if anyone is going to do this conversion i would suggest getting the '03 versions compared to the 2011 version because this is what i did. the 2011 version is too stiff, leather/pleather sucks, and resell prices are still high because everyone is buying them if they missed out. so i copped a pair of '03 white cements and did the conversion. imo i'm satisfied with the final product. just make sure if you're going to do this project this is what you're gonna need- white and fire red angelus paint, angeus matte finisher, acetone, make-up sponges or rags or paper towels to remove the paint, painter's tape, and paint brushes. it's not that hard as long as you take time to prep the shoes and have a lot of time and patience. this is not for the people who want something simple. well here's my shoes with the pics provided, enjoy.

now that's the way they should be. good job!

So, I am in the process of doing my fire red 3s. And would like to lighten the EP. Let me make sure I got this straight.

Acetone on the EP.
Then (VERY carefully) paint the EP black in the cracks?

Do I have this straight

So, I am in the process of doing my fire red 3s. And would like to lighten the EP. Let me make sure I got this straight.

Acetone on the EP.
Then (VERY carefully) paint the EP black in the cracks?

Do I have this straight

it's doesn't lighten so easily. from memory i had to use paint in the process. i then darkened the print.

Back
Top Bottom