changing fire red 3's into katrina 3's

cool.

my katrina job was my only second paint work too. my first play was fixing the chipping on white/cement spizikes (images in this thread actually). just be patient with it, make sure each layer dries completely before going over it. fix any blemishes with acetone and use a finisher, cuz otherwise, it will crack again.

i've recently touched mine up and will post pics when i get a chance.

Thanks for the advice, and I have the angelus acrylic finisher. How long should I wait before I apply the finisher? And yea when you get a chance post pics of yours, I would like to see them

took these just now
20111116001.jpg

20111116002.jpg

Ooohh. You know what, I think i'll grab a pair of White Cements and try it on that. All I need to do is repaint the midsole Fire Red paint which I happen to have already.

If I were to start with a pair of Fire Red 3's, I'd need to remove the elephant print, paint the red leather ankle support white, paint the jumpman black, and the eyelids black.

That's a lot more work than just to redo the midsole red..

Originally Posted by johnandrew07

Ooohh. You know what, I think i'll grab a pair of White Cements and try it on that. All I need to do is repaint the midsole Fire Red paint which I happen to have already.

If I were to start with a pair of Fire Red 3's, I'd need to remove the elephant print, paint the red leather ankle support white, paint the jumpman black, and the eyelids black.

That's a lot more work than just to redo the midsole red..
why would you paint your eyelids?

The top eyelid's on the fire red 3's are red. Opposed to the White cement's, they are black like in the original color for the Katrinas.

white-cement-3.jpg

Compare how much work that needs to be done with the white cements and the fire reds.

You just need to paint the midsole red on the white cements rather than so many other things on the fire red 3's..

Woops I meant to say eyelet. I'm still trying to find a decent pair to work on. I can't believe these didn't get released, they look nice.

yeah it was so much more work, but when i did these a few years back, there were no affordable WC's around.

at first yes, i posted pics a page or two back of the paint re-chipping. i've since touched it up some more and used acrylic finisher, so should be good now. worn twice since latest touch up, not midsole probs at all.

Is this the first time you used the acrylic finisher? Is that why it was cracking because you didn't use it before?

these are dope as hell, but it would've been easier to do the cement 3s. If you have them. Good job nonetheless.

i never check in this area but was curious as how people's projects turned out changing their jordan iii's from fire red to katrina 3's. with the recent retro of the white cement iii's last year i've seen a lot of white cement iii's from 2003 available for cheap on ebay. if anyone is going to do this conversion i would suggest getting the '03 versions compared to the 2011 version because this is what i did. the 2011 version is too stiff, leather/pleather sucks, and resell prices are still high because everyone is buying them if they missed out. so i copped a pair of '03 white cements and did the conversion. imo i'm satisfied with the final product. just make sure if you're going to do this project this is what you're gonna need- white and fire red angelus paint, angeus matte finisher, acetone, make-up sponges or rags or paper towels to remove the paint, painter's tape, and paint brushes. it's not that hard as long as you take time to prep the shoes and have a lot of time and patience. this is not for the people who want something simple. well here's my shoes with the pics provided, enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom