Chappelle Show Appreciation vol. best show ever ....

Originally Posted by cronicmole

Overrated, its one of those shows where if you watch it 2 years later and your older you'd say why did I think that was funny..opposed to a show like Fresh Prince which never gets old.

tired.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
mad.gif

most certainly appreciated! i miss Dave, i wish he'd come back.
favoritest episodes: Worlds Greatest wars and Prince and of course the black white supremacist Clayton Bigsby!

pimp.gif

Show is def. appreciated, and it's one of my favorite shows ever. But best show of all-time, I don't know about that.

The n' family, Ask Negrodamus, Racial draft, the Mad Real World, Wayne Brady skit, and the Internet is a real place were my favorite parts of the show.

Chappelle needs to come back and give us the long-awaited season 3 or at least give us some new stand up shows.

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

Originally Posted by cronicmole

Overrated, its one of those shows where if you watch it 2 years later and your older you'd say why did I think that was funny..opposed to a show like Fresh Prince which never gets old.

tired.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
mad.gif
I understand how you can say that about some dumb gimmick comedy +!$* like Napoleon Dynamite

I always thought Chappelle's Show was pretty original though and Dave made the right choice by just pulling the plug himself before it got repetitive.

This is a gif goldmine, people need to start digging and bring them to NT

But this Questlove story makes me sad:
not many of you know this but about 2 months after the show ended. writer neal brennen (he was the white guy who was partners with dave and in some of the skits---r kelly's trail and when the show was given to wayne brady) developed a new show based on the same chapelle characters. !!%@ was funny as hell.

it was called Charlie Vs Donell

the basic premise of the show was part "the amazing race" / part celebrity fit club/part the weakest link.

this was the plot.

team murphy and team rawlings would challenge each other for a new mission.
for the pilot team murphy (uncle ray ray, fruity, and 2 other murphs) and team rawlings (his brother and cousins) would scavenger hunt clues from the show's host mtv's sway.

the mission for the pilot was charl and don had to go to the apple store opening on the 5th ave and take a garage band class for 4 hours.

they then had to make 5 beats that they would shop to rappers.

then as a bonus they are instructed to make a dis record to each other (this was 2005 so dissing was really in) they were allowed to have a professional guide with them (i forget which rappers were chosen)

then there was ANOTHER bonus in which they were given $5000 to make a dis video that they had to direct and edit on their new macbooks. they can only use objects purchased with the budget (call this the Dogma95 ghetto challenge)

the funniest part was the warehouse in which they had to decide on C grade video %*%# (stannnk!), vs Cristal Bottles, vs Rims, vs A grade video %*%#, vs a 15 min Bentley rental, vs a 15 min penthouse rental...

i swear keeping this pilot on my computer was one of the HARDEST %++@# ever. i couldnt show brainchild.....sheeeeit i couldn't even show the roots.

but man. the !!%@ charlie came up with (he lost the first round) woulda been a pop culture mainstay and woulda elevated him to mega star level.

so when all was said and done they had charlie and donnell present the final products for the jury which consisted of just blaze, me, memph bleek, and rodney jerkins. we voted on video presentation, rhyme skills, and other categories.

once the winner is decided (in this case donnell) he is awarded 10,000 cash on the spot. but before he takes the cash he is given the option for

the keeping it wheel spin.

sway spins a game show wheel similar to wheel of fortune with a whole bunch of fear factoresque consequences separated by cash prizes. if the disgusting challenges are met (half gallon raw pork pickle juice milkshakes) then the 10k turns into 20k.

that is where the comedy really starts.

neal had amazing plans for the show including the genius show finale which woulda been a test of wills: both charlie and donnell would be thrown into a rikers island hole with neither side knowing when the other cries uncle and whoever can last the longest wins 100k.

comedy central rejected the pilot.

: (

frown.gif
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom