CHargers and LT Cutting Ties

eek.gif
Wonder where he is gonna go...

[h2]Tomlinson released by Chargers[/h2]
SAN DIEGO -- LaDainian Tomlinson is no longer a San Diego Charger.

The Chargers released Tomlinson on Monday, a source told ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Shortest "article" I've ever seen on ESPN.
laugh.gif

Shocked but not because of him being released. More at because i never thought ill see the day Smh

sad sad day for our charger organization, ill never forget watching him at the murph all these years!, im wearing my LT jersey all next season, he will be missed!

Not surprised but definitely a sad day.

LT was the face of the franchise for so long, it would have been nice to see him retire a Charger.

Sad to see the face of our franchise go, but he obviously isn't helping us get to where we want to go.
Thanks for everything and good luck wherever he may end up
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Stay classy LT
Spoiler [+]
Sproles as an every down back?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
, we better make a move quick 

Always liked LT, even as an Eagles fan. I was always a fan of his and it was great seeing him play for the Chargers. He had so many great accomplishments with this team and it really is a sad day for the Chargers organization and their fans. Best of luck to him where ever he goes.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

ladainian-tomlinson-stays-with-chargers.jpg

Dude will always be the player I think of when I see a helmet with a visor.

The San Diego Chargers released running back LaDainian Tomlinson today, according to ESPN's John Clayton, and some might ask the question: Would the Patriots consider Tomlinson as a free-agent option?

From this view, from a pure on-the-field standpoint, it would be a shocker if they did.

The Patriots have Laurence Maroney, Sammy Morris, Fred Taylor and BenJarvus Green-Ellis under contract at the position, and are likely to bring back Kevin Faulk.

When considering the makeup of the group, Morris turns 33 in March, Taylor turned 34 in January, and Faulk turns 34 in June. With this in mind, if the Patriots are going to add a running back to their stable, it figures to be a younger option, someone to develop for the future.

Tomlinson, who turns 31 in June, is at the point in his career where he will be part of a committee wherever he winds up, a short-term fix. That would essentially duplicate what the Patriots already have and potentially stand in the way of grooming a younger back for the future.

And all of that that doesn't factor in off-field considerations, such as Tomlinson's past derogatory remarks about the Patriots.

Back
Top Bottom