Charlotte Observer: Bob Johnson seeks buyer for Bobcats

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Somebody from Seattle needs to step up and buy them, then pull a Bennett Ver. 2.0 on the NBA and see how that goes. I bet it wouldn't be the same result.
The difference is nobody cares in Charlotte. Seattle had a 40-year established fan base, and Steve Balmer, one of the richest guys in America, hasthe money to buy it and bring it here.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Somebody from Seattle needs to step up and buy them, then pull a Bennett Ver. 2.0 on the NBA and see how that goes. I bet it wouldn't be the same result.
The difference is nobody cares in Charlotte. Seattle had a 40-year established fan base, and Steve Balmer, one of the richest guys in America, has the money to buy it and bring it here.

yall seattle fans need to let it go and stop taking jabs at charlotte.....yall should've built a new arena

The Hornets are having financial woes as well, so move them back to Charlotte, move the Bobcats to Seattle (rechristen them the Sonics), and voila!

And Shinn and Woolridge are the main reason why the Hornets aren't in Charlotte. The fans adored the Hornets. Even when they failed to retain LarryJohnson, Alonzo Mourning, and Glen Rice, the fans still showed up. Their sellout streak is legendary. Shinn sexual lawsuit with that cheerleader, in that partof the country didn't help his matters either.

Ant, or any other Charlotte resident. Do yall still display that giant mural of Alonzo Mourning, Larry Johnson, and Muggsy Bogues, in downtown Charlotte?

YO!
Burns1923
I was going to quote you but then I realized your entire reply was SPOT ON.
Originally Posted by LifeLessons

The difference is nobody cares in Charlotte. Seattle had a 40-year established fan base, and Steve Balmer, one of the richest guys in America, has the money to buy it and bring it here.

yall seattle fans need to let it go and stop taking jabs at charlotte.....yall should've built a new arena

SERIOUSLY. And dmbrhs is the worst. As far back as the Seahawks/Panthers NFC Championship game, if not prior to.
Originally Posted by KingJay718

The Hornets are having financial woes as well, so move them back to Charlotte, move the Bobcats to Seattle (rechristen them the Sonics), and voila!

I'd have NO problem with that. And it doesn't help that people in this area have to watch a kid from here lead the team that most of us feel shouldstill be ours. You know what really grinds my gears... the fact that they still play the Ric Flair soundbite when Chris Paul scores.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Ant, or any other Charlotte resident. Do yall still display that giant mural of Alonzo Mourning, Larry Johnson, and Muggsy Bogues, in downtown Charlotte?

That joint was gone before the turn of the century if I'm not mistaken.

I'll forever hate Shinn.....he'll screw new orleans

Pretty much. My brother went to Charlotte Country Day with his children. Their home life was a mess before the sex scandal. The son opted to drive a Hearse forhis first car.
grin.gif
And the daughter didn't speak to George too often.

Ray was a pawn. I don't even have that much beef with him.

DF!!!

laugh.gif
Exactly... The difference is Charlotte has a new arenaand penalties for leaving that are actually severe enough to prevent it from happening...

I feel you Ant. That would be a great look, if CP3 were able to play in his homestate. On a sidenote, I don't see CP3 staying in N.O.

Hey Ant/Charlotte residents. Did you attend the implosion of the Charlotte Arena? To me, that arena wasn't bad. It wasn't hard on the eyes, whenyou're watching a home Hornets game on TV.

laugh.gif
@ Shinn' son driving a meat wagon.

Did "yall" check my sig? Do I look like a Sonics fan?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
Seattle did not care enough to keep their team. So whatthey had 40 years of history... the city just let it up and walk away without a real fight. Thats what is sad. My posy was taking a jab at Stern, whom Idon't like if you couldn't tell... and thats what I am going to assume since you thought I was a Sonics fan...

I seriously hope no other city gets stripped of a sports team anytime soon. Only way I want a team here in Seattle is if we get an expansion team.

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

\

SERIOUSLY. And dmbrhs is the worst. As far back as the Seahawks/Panthers NFC Championship game, if not prior to.
If you can find a post where I made any remark regarding some sort of superiority to Carolina based on the NFC championship game, I will log offNT forever. I don't give a flying eff about the NFL and whatever the Seahags did to Carolina in the playoffs that one season. And it's not that easythese days to just build a new arena.

Zo deserved to get paid. He wasn't askin' for more money, until his 4th season concluded. I hope CP3 leaves. I really do.

Back
Top Bottom