Chase vs. Wells Fargo?

I've been happy with my credit union so far. (Had an account for a little over a year) The distance really isn't an issue since I get to withdraw for free at any 7/11, Costcos and some other location. Having direct deposit doesn't help either
laugh.gif

I worked for Wells Fargo for two years and I work for Chase right now.

I'm not into bank bashing. Both are very good banks, but are geared towards different customers. Also, keep in mind that it's not Chase, it's JPMorgan Chase. It's important because it's part of the philosophy they have towards banking/investing.

I can answer a lot of your questions, but I don't think I feel like listening to people act like they know more than me, when this is what I do. Not saying that'll happen with most, but it will, and I get it everyday so I don't want to on NT...My safe haven.
laugh.gif

I will say that Credit Unions are great. Typically better interest rates and no fees at ATM's, but that doesn't make it right for everyone. There are drawbacks to CU's.

The fees are what they are at these fee income based banks. Bankers at these institutions need to do a better job educating customers when they open their accounts. I'm very good at that. Most people think fees are hidden, but they shouldn't be and aren't intended to be, but some..Not all..bankers get lazy, just like anyone can at their job. Doesn't make it right, but it paints the picture of what I'm saying.

Most importantly, don't pick or go against a bank/CU because of what you "hear." Do some research. Sit down with a banker and ask questions. Find out which one fits you. And know that nobody is out to "get you."

I used a Credit Union, Patelco, and frankly their web infrastructure and network of ATM was not sufficient enough.

Therefore we went to Wells and have had absolutely NO issue. We avoid fees by having a monthly transfer into a savings account. Then when it clears, we transfer it back. It's whatever. I like the convenience of not having to map out where to go to get my money from an ATM just to avoid a fee when there are a lot more accessible Wells around.

Back
Top Bottom