ChatGPT and A.I. vol. Skynet on the way

I have a theory about work from home situation a lot of people find themselves in. They are capturing your entire workflow and are gonna use the data to train AI to replace you. You're basically training your replacements. If you can do your entire job on a laptop from your home I'd be very concerned about job security in the coming years.

I have a theory about work from home situation a lot of people find themselves in. They are capturing your entire workflow and are gonna use the data to train AI to replace you. You're basically training your replacements. If you can do your entire job on a laptop from your home I'd be very concerned about job security in the coming years.

it’s not whether technology exists it’s whether there is an ability to implement it across multiple functions and interrelated decisions.

For example, my company closes $50k to $3M deals as our normal size of transaction. There’s about 7 teams involved in that deal from start to finish. We could even now automate the majority of the operational process but the cost of getting something wrong is so high. We all get the need and desire for automation but if the company on the other side wants a physical piece of paper to sign and a purchase order to issue it requires a lot of human to human interaction. The pace of adoption and worldwide adoption will be a significant barrier.

perhaps, but it’s probably not the case…as much of the data would be without context maybe? in any case, it is eventually going to be the case that whatever can be handed off to ai/automation, will be…

it’s not whether technology exists it’s whether there is an ability to implement it across multiple functions and interrelated decisions.

For example, my company closes $50k to $3M deals as our normal size of transaction. There’s about 7 teams involved in that deal from start to finish. We could even now automate the majority of the operational process but the cost of getting something wrong is so high. We all get the need and desire for automation but if the company on the other side wants a physical piece of paper to sign and a purchase order to issue it requires a lot of human to human interaction. The pace of adoption and worldwide adoption will be a significant barrier.

Yeah I mean there are certainly WFH jobs that are more involved than others, require more human interaction and like you said have a high cost if something fails. AI, in its current form, may not be reliable enough to fully implement across the board. I don't believe it's going to be a situation where EVERY role is automated, at least not in the immediate future, but moreso that companies will require significantly less employees. With as much money as Microsoft, among others, has invested I gotta belive the play is enterprise solutions as opposed to an individual subscription model. Someone, somewhere is gonna figure out how to make it feasible, and in as many areas as possible.

Companies need people to blame and throw under the bus for liability still. Not everything will be ai.

I work in advertising and I will say that it’s refreshing to see a lot of companies (Shutterstock, Getty, Adobe) venture into the generative imagery game. I’ve been trying to practice prompt writing and it’s hard to tell if I’m just bad at it or the technology just isn’t there. There’s a night and day different between what Midjourney is capable of outputting vs what the aforementioned companies output. Those companies all use their own imagery whereas Midjourney pulls from everywhere and they just are so much further along. But creating an image in Midjourney takes so much longer so I can totally understand the need for an energy breakthrough

Back
Top Bottom