ChatGPT and A.I. vol. Skynet on the way

The last sentence is particularly interesting. Has it been explained how these AI tools generate artwork? Are they merely making composite pictures from existing work that is publicly available or coming up with new stuff?

The last sentence is particularly interesting. Has it been explained how these AI tools generate artwork? Are they merely making composite pictures from existing work that is publicly available or coming up with new stuff?

more or less yes, but each may have been trained on a different dataset but i think all pretty much depend on a text based prompt, some (which the aforementioned midjourney is such) will allow for an 'inspiration' or reference type image along with the text to further influence the output image. nah, the images are 'original' but they use data that includes existing artwork (without necessarily those artist or their estates consent) to produce that output; for example you can write a prompt like: create a portrait painting in the the style of raphael/fill in the blank artist and include in the prompt a link to a picture of the person you want a portrait of then fine tune the prompt until you get the desired result

a pretty cool vid that shows some of the process:

Algorithms have been suggesting articles, ads, etc to us for YEARS based on what we click on. That was the first wave of AI. We just didn't call it AI. Kinda scary.. but kinda cool.

Now we are heading into the 2nd wave of AI where we are physically interacting with it. Instead of subtle suggestions, we are straight up telling the AI what we want and they are giving it to us. Not scary at all.. very cool.

Next will come the 3rd wave of AI.. where AI won't suggest... it won't obey.. it will order. This is when AI tells you what to do. It may start off harmless. But then it might get aggressive. Then when we say no.. that's when it will get interesting. Not cool.. just scary.

IDK what problem this solves as of now though, the one disruptor I have seen is audio books, apparently amazon and publishers have found a way to have AI read the books in a realistic voice. Damn, game over.

The fact that it can fully answer questions as is and give a good response is a pretty good start
I agree that this is very interesting, and meaningful, and to your point it dropped like 3 months ago :lol:
There's also several sites and plug-ins surfacing that can identify AI generated work.

What i don't yet see is it's actual application, I don't see the disruption YET.

I agree that this is very interesting, and meaningful, and to your point it dropped like 3 months ago :lol:
There's also several sites and plug-ins surfacing that can identify AI generated work.

What i don't yet see is it's actual application, I don't see the disruption YET.

the possibilities are quite broad, copywriters, coders, search engine optimization, marketing, lawyers, illustrators, designers could be impacted immediately…altho it’s definitely not there yet, it could definitely eliminate/replace whole swathes of industries

the wild thing with the version of chat gpt that they released to the public, is that it’s supposedly a closed system that doesn’t access or ‘search’ the internet, imagine when it has more up to date information…could introduce more inaccuracy/noise to a system that is already pretty easily manipulated

#related:

hey you know they have Fiverr in India too right?

trust me on this: your job is next.
You know it's bad when American engineers watch the current Paris protests and wonder how to make that happen here.

"First they came for the cashiers and I didn't say anything because I automated their jobs away" :lol:

I mean I’ve only played with DALLE2

But it said that it can only use knowledge from 2021 forward and doesn’t search the internet.

So does someone manually update it with information?

Are sports stats included?

For example can it generate these ESPN type stats?

Scottie Barnes is the Only Player in the NBA To Have: 700+ Points, 300+ Rebounds, 200+ Assists, 40+ Steals, 40+ Blocks

Back
Top Bottom