Chauncey Billups: HOF?

As someone else said, it's not about Chauncey's numbers, if you see the impact he has on everyone on the floor, the ability to just pull up for a threeand nail it, to take it to the rim and score or get a call when his team needs it, THE LEADERSHIP.

Yes, HOF.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

As someone else said, it's not about Chauncey's numbers, if you see the impact he has on everyone on the floor, the ability to just pull up for a three and nail it, to take it to the rim and score or get a call when his team needs it, THE LEADERSHIP.

Yes, HOF.
It's funny how this argument applies for Chauncey but not for Nash.

Osh, don't start. Not today.

Nash never defended a player in his life. Never won a damn thing neither. CB done both, let it go, save it for another time, not today.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

As someone else said, it's not about Chauncey's numbers, if you see the impact he has on everyone on the floor, the ability to just pull up for a three and nail it, to take it to the rim and score or get a call when his team needs it, THE LEADERSHIP.

Yes, HOF.
It's funny how this argument applies for Chauncey but not for Nash.
Nash is a better shooter than Chauncey, but Nash just doesn't have the clutch factor that Chauncey has.

I said it at the VERY beginning of the Playoffs, not only is Chauncey the best leader of a PG in the League, he's also the best Playoff PG.

It's got NOTHING to do with Nash being Canadian btw, he's one of my favorite players of all-time.

Nash had back to back MVPs and never even led his team out of his conference

he has never played in the Finals

CB not only played in the Finals, but he won them and got Finals MVP

and he has proven his worth on this Nuggets team

a couple more solid 15 and 8 seasons and he will make the HOF

Also, it's not like KJ will NEVER get into the Hall, I'm sure he will, he just hasn't yet.

Not every player in the League is going to be a first-ballot HOF, and I won't be surprised if Chauncey isn't.

Originally Posted by swizzc

Nah. If Kevin Johnson can't make it into the HOF, Billups shouldn't
he won a championship against """""""the greatest team assembled""" He is worthy and thebest solid PG in the game right now. Yes I said it.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

CP1708 wrote:

Never won a damn thing neither.

laugh.gif

You can't really use that argument when debating whether or not a play is HOF worthy

What? Are you kidding me right here?

Only players who don't want to bring winning into the equation, never won sh*^.
grin.gif

I'm trying very hard not to turn this into a Nash conundrum and from the most part I think Chancey is better guard for his defensive capabilities butpeople take one point and then they turn it into hyperbole. The fact is Nash was the lead guard for 3 of the Top 5 most potent offenses in NBA history.

His defense while porous seems to get harped on more than other players, that probably has something to do with him being a white floppy haired Canadian.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

CP1708 wrote:

laugh.gif

You can't really use that argument when debating whether or not a play is HOF worthy

grin.gif

TEAMS win championships. It involves a fair bit of luck and factors outside a players control.

CP1708 wrote:

laugh.gif

grin.gif

If not winning a championship were one of the criteria for disqualifying a player from the Hall of Fame then you're telling me that John Stockton, KarlMalone, Charles Barkley, and Patrick Ewing aren't Hall of Famers.

eyes.gif

I'm trying very hard not to turn this into a Nash conundrum and from the most part I think Chancey is better guard for his defensive capabilities butpeople take one point and then they turn it into hyperbole. The fact is Nash was the lead guard for 3 of the Top 5 most potent offenses in NBA history.

His defense while porous seems to get harped on more than other players, that probably has something to do with him being a white floppy haired Canadian.
grin.gif

CP1708 wrote:

laugh.gif

grin.gif

TEAMS win championships. It involves a fair bit of luck and factors outside a players control.

If he helps the Nuggets run the table this year then its a definite yes, not first ballot or anything. But being the leader of two championship teams will saya lot for his career because he doesn't have the HOF numbers we're accustomed to seeing.

^
No, I didn't say that, I said it can factor in. Please be careful with how you word my words for me.
laugh.gif

Pat, Barkley, Malone etc were career 20 and 10 guys. They could get in on numbers alone, even without the winning. Right?

Ok, Nash is like 15 and 8, or 16 and 8 career which is NOT worthy of hall, AND he has no wins to add to the resume. CB does.

That make sense?

billups wont be first ballot but i hope he makes it. hes made the conference finals 7 times consecutively. 7 times! only people who've done it more thanchauncey? kareem, magic and maybe cooper. there are various reasons why hes probably the most valuable player of his team but that fact rarely shows up in hisstats. hes a classic example of a player that makes those around him better, both on and off-court. look how badly detroit misses him and look how far hestaken a denver team plagued with disciplinary problems and poor decision making, especially on the court. the guy is so much more than just about clutch shots.

^
No, I didn't say that, I said it can factor in. Please be careful with how you word my words for me.
laugh.gif

Actually thats exactly what you said

CP1708 wrote:

Nash never defended a player in his life. Never won a damn thing neither.
laugh.gif

You said he's disqualified because

1. Nash never defended a player in his life

and

2. Never won nothing

Which I believe can't be used to disqualify a player from the HOF.

That make sense?

You don't even know what you're talking about, so how the hell can I ?

laugh.gif

for the record, I think Chauncey is a firs ballot Hall of Very Good...no questions about it and could make he HOF with another NBA Title and Finals MVP

Nash typically gets thrown into every thread when HOF type stuff comes up, it's the NT way....

^
laugh.gif

Actually thats exactly what you said

CP1708 wrote:

Nash never defended a player in his life. Never won a damn thing neither.
laugh.gif

You said he's disqualified because

1. Nash never defended a player in his life

and

2. Never won nothing

Which I believe can't be used to disqualify a player from the HOF.

That make sense?

You don't even know what you're talking about, so how the hell can I ?

laugh.gif

Yo man, I'm talkin about why CB is better then Nash damn it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

They already informed me that I have no choice but to sit and watch in horror as Nash is walked into the hall prolly flopping on his way, but that convo youare quoting is me saying that Billups is by far better then Nash ever was.

You must not know my thoughts on Mr Steve.

Doesn't Nash have 2 MVPs? I could've sworn those factored in somewhere. but I think Chauncey has a good HOF chance.

Those Pistons teams weren't to be messed with till Lebron/Wade came and shut it down.

Back
Top Bottom