Chauncey Billups: HOF?

If Billups takes the Nugs to the Finals this year, will he be a HOFer?
Finals MVP
Multiple All-Stars
Championship

Stats: 15.1 ppg, 5.6 apg, 1 spg, 2 tpg, 41% fg, 89% ft, 39% 3pt fg

He's still only 32 with several years left to play.

He won't have the sexy averages once his career is over (right now sits at 15.1 PPG, 5.6 APG, 41% shooting...and most of those will only go down) buthe'll go down as a winner and several more seasons of playoff basketball will only help his case.

If he retired right now with another trip to the Finals? No.

Kevin Johnson..PFFFFFFFF. Of course he didn't make it into the hall. He didn't do much outside of all star appearances.

Chauncey?

2004 NBA Champion
2004 NBA Finals MVP
2004-05 NBA All-Defense Second Team
2005-06 NBA All-Defense Second Team
2005-06 All-NBA Second Team
2008-09 All-NBA Third Team
4x All-Star
2006-07 All-NBA Third Team

You do the math. He'll be in the hall.

Originally Posted by starbury03

Kevin Johnson..PFFFFFFFF. Of course he didn't make it into the hall. He didn't do much outside of all star appearances.

Chauncey?

2004 NBA Champion
2004 NBA Finals MVP
4x All-Star

I'm pretty sure KJ averaged like 18 and 10 for his career (those #'s might be slightly off, better than Chauncey's). Took the suns tothe finals one year (along with Charles obviosuly). Was all NBA 2nd team 4 times and All NBA 3rd Team once (Better than Chauncey). He doesn't have thechampionship on his resume but I'd say he's pretty comparable. Also, if he played in today's NBA he'd be a top 5 point guard easily.

Chauncey?

2004 NBA Champion
2004 NBA Finals MVP
4x All-Star

I'm going to assume you are joking.

Originally Posted by swizzc

Chauncey?

2004 NBA Champion
2004 NBA Finals MVP
4x All-Star

I'm pretty sure KJ averaged like 18 and 10 for his career (those #'s might be slightly off, better than Chauncey's). Took the suns to the finals one year (along with Charles obviosuly). Was all NBA 2nd team 4 times and All NBA 3rd Team once (Better than Chauncey). He doesn't have the championship on his resume but I'd say he's pretty comparable. Also, if he played in today's NBA he'd be a top 5 point guard easily.
He took the Finals MVP+Ring>>Kevin Johnson. And I watched Kevin Johnson all my life. No bias here..

But think about how much longer Chauncey has to go in his career. He on a clear cut path to the hall..there's no denying that.

Chauncey?

2004 NBA Champion
2004 NBA Finals MVP
4x All-Star

??? Hell no.

If he wins another Finals MVP, I say yes (I know this isn't really fair).

Otherwise Billups's just had a very good career, not a HOF-caliber career.

Gimme a couple more solid seasons and I'll support Billups.

If he retired today, no.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Gimme a couple more solid seasons and I'll support Billups.

If he retired today, no.

Okay see..this is what i'm saying right here. Give him a couple more solid seasons and there would be no reason why he shouldn't be in the hall.Especially if he added a few more accolades to his resume.

I was reading an Article in Sports Illustrated about Iversons decline... and saying after this year.. many people are consider Chauncey better than Ivy... hmmm

Chancey is one player where his stats don't indicate his inpact at all and I generally call %%+@*!@% on intangibles but the traditional PPG, RPG APGdon't tell you his level of efficiency when he runs the point.

Chancey Buillips I believe is 16th all time in offensive efficiency that's good for top 5 amongst point guards.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I was reading an Article in Sports Illustrated about Iversons decline... and saying after this year.. many people are consider Chauncey better than Ivy... hmmm

History has a funny way of unfolding sometimes and in the future, that definitely might be the case. It seems that most of the time that winning a Championshipcarries much more weight than just being a superstar who never won.

I'm pretty sure KJ averaged like 18 and 10 for his career (those #'s might be slightly off, better than Chauncey's). Took the suns to the finals one year (along with Charles obviosuly). Was all NBA 2nd team 4 times and All NBA 3rd Team once (Better than Chauncey). He doesn't have the championship on his resume but I'd say he's pretty comparable.
You made the BIGGEST point for Team Billups. Billups is a floor general dude has been playing ball in May for years now. I think he gets in maybenot first time but he gets in.

Chancey is one player where his stats don't indicate his inpact at all and I generally call %%+@*!@% on intangibles but the traditional PPG, RPG APG don't tell you his level of efficiency when he runs the point.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom