Cheap/easy college meals??? vol. no more frozen pizzas

Baked Potato French Fries
or Quick Carne Asada Fries

Bag of your favorite french fries
Shredded Chesse
Green Onion
Sour Cream
Bacon Bits
Bag of pre cooked steak fajita meat (optional, and cost a bit more)
0003469512284500x500.jpg

Oil a baking sheet
Spread fries on the pan, top with a little oil, salt
Bake according to bag directions (make sure they get crispy)
Now, pile the fries in the center of the pan, top the fries with cheese and put it back in the oven for a minute to melt
Take em out, top with sour cream, green onion and bacon bits.

for a quick version of Carne Asada Fries
Cook fries the same as before
Cook up the the fajita meat in a pan, then chop it up
now top the fries with meat, and cheese, and put it back in the oven to melt
Leave off bacon bits, and green onion, instead
top with sour cream, and whatever salsa you like
or make your own pico de gallo (cheap and easy to do)

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sonunox34

Originally Posted by II Jovo II

George Foreman Grill might be the worst piece of kitchen equipment known to man. Some of you guys have to try cooking with real pots and pans, the flavors just don't compare.

Here are some cheaper suggestions:

Skinless fresh chicken breast in BULK. Cheapest way to buy it, freeze what you dont use.

Pasta - Combine it with any jarred sauce, and its great. Add some fresh garlic and spices and your good to go.

Pancake batter- just add water- Pancakes with some fresh fruit like blueberry or bananas is delicious. Canned fruit served on top is also an alternative

Tuna melts - Just like a grilled cheese, butter your bread, place it in pan, scoop some tuna on top, top it off w your favorite cheese, let it melt, and enjoy!

Chicken salad - Walmart has canned cheap chicken breast chunks, if you dont want to make fresh. Mix it with mayo, mustard, whatever else you need, some bread and your good to go.

chicken and Rice- cook the rice, take out a non stick saute, olive oil, garlic spices, add chicken and its delicious

homemade potato skins - toss whole potatoes in olive oil, spices, and bake them. cut them in half, scoop out some of the center, SAVE SCOOPED potatoe. Cook some bacon, dice it up, fill in center of potatoe top with cheddar cheese, oven, taste amazing with some sour cream. Make some mashed potatoes or breakfast potatoes with the left over from the centers

Theres a ton of easy things to cook for cheap, you just gotta be creative and give it a try. Its not rocket science, good luck to all.
EDIT: You can get all sorts of cheap cuts of beef for a steak dinner. Dont always associate steak to be expensive, just realize its going to be rough cut. Dont over cook it, give it a try. Chop meat for some meat sauce is also cheap and goes a long way.
eek.gif

Thank you for the tips! For the pasta with sauce, I've definitely seen some nice sauces in the grocery store. Does the sauce itself need to be cooked at all or can I just lay it on cooked pasta? I'm thinking alfredo or pesto
devil.gif
After you cook your pasta, strain it, and using the same pan you boiled the pasta in, add the sauce and heat it up for a few minutes to a simmer. Combine the pasta inside, chicken breast, veggies, anything else you may want to add, and plate it. This way, you really only used 1 pot to do most of your cooking.

boil pasta (add salt and pepper while boiling) strain it, and add italian dressing, super good n cheap and pretty good,
i got this foreman, its great, cuz of the flat grill side,

george-forman-grill-griddle-2.jpg

i been making steaks and eggs alot,
yesterday i made tuna patties, can of tuna+ egg or twoo+ shredded cheese.
 putm all in a bowl, mix it together, then put it on the flat grill, decent, alot of protein n healthy (kinda)

Back
Top Bottom