Cheap Subwoofer suggestions

Hey guys. I'm looking for a cheap subwoofer, I've been looking online for about a week. I'm looking for something to add a little bang, something cheap, maybe even a unit with a built in amp. Any suggestions? I want something to add a little bit to my music experience, don't need anything that's gonna bump too crazy and wake up the neighbors.

thanks in advanced

thanks for the suggestion....ill look into that

I was looking at the bazooka tubes, about 10" would those add decent bass to my whip, or is it really worth stepping up and getting something different.Mind you, im no audiophile. I just want something thats better than my stock sound.

Goto a swap shop.. i got some from there.. no name brands a couple years ago.. worked great in my car.. no complaints.. paid 200 for the 2 600 w 12''subs with box, tweeters, 1,200 amp a battery cap and the wires... lasted me 2-3 years then i sold it.

10" Alpine type-R should get the job done sir.
pimp.gif

i actually own that infinity basslink in my '98 bmw 540i, i've heard the scion bazooka, and the bazooka actually has more punch. Alpine is probablyyour best bet. look for deals on ebay. And you have to be careful with those basslinks, cuz i had a fuse blow.

Originally Posted by ibby

i actually own that infinity basslink in my '98 bmw 540i, i've heard the scion bazooka, and the bazooka actually has more punch. Alpine is probably your best bet. look for deals on ebay. And you have to be careful with those basslinks, cuz i had a fuse blow.
Thanks. I'll check out some ebay auctions. I'm leaning towards a bazooka tube so far. I like the fact that it has an amp built in...iknow its better to buy them seperate, but I'm on a budget for this one...

Just Craigslist for some. Find a nice cheap one with the amp included. See if dude can preview it in their car first though, so you don't buy some blownout +%*!++$*.

How much does it cost to install subwoofer and etc?
cuz i have no knowledge about installing audio systems
frown.gif

Originally Posted by freshKRN

How much does it cost to install subwoofer and etc?
cuz i have no knowledge about installing audio systems
frown.gif
same.

don't mean to thread jack, but what is the best affordable amp for the subs you guys are recommending?

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

don't ever recommend car audio again..

Kicker Comp subs sound good and aren't as expensive as other brands of the same quality. When they're in a factory Kicker box they're tunedspecifically for THOSE subs. They'll sound a lot better than come home made garage built box that your recommending dude. To the OP, my boy has these inhis Sentra and they bump pretty hard (pause) so your Mazda 3 sound sound around the same. If your interested in getting those, I'm sure you can find themcheaper than the price on the website. When we went to buy his we went into a 6 Ave Electronics store and got them for $190.

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

don't ever recommend car audio again..

Kicker Comp subs sound good and aren't as expensive as other brands of the same quality. When they're in a factory Kicker box they're tuned specifically for THOSE subs. They'll sound a lot better than come home made garage built box that your recommending dude. To the OP, my boy has these in his Sentra and they bump pretty hard (pause) so your Mazda 3 sound sound around the same. If your interested in getting those, I'm sure you can find them cheaper than the price on the website. When we went to buy his we went into a 6 Ave Electronics store and got them for $190.
You don't know !%#@ about car audio..

btw, those prefab boxes aren't tuned to spec

Back
Top Bottom