Cheap things you do vol. every dollar counts

Lol that's stealing bro. You better make sure those self check out monitors dont catch you. They dont have video at the checkouts where you are?

Did it all the time in college.

I call it finesse :rofl:

Man I been doing that for so long, how are they going to catch me? Hell im bold enough to do it in a regular checkout line. If they say something I’ll just be like I wrote the wrong code my bad :lol: I do make it a point to go to a cashier that looks cool tho. Works every time, they don’t even check, nor do the know what I’m buying half the time

How would you do it in a regular line? The cashier scans it and the correct code is on the product.

You put the code on there, you know the aisle where you bag your own stuff by the pound? And you write the PLU code on a band that ties the bag?

They do have some where you print a label after you weigh it and put in the PLU code. Same deal, instead of entering the PLU code the cashier just scans whatever you give em

For example. I’ll get some nutritional yeast (****ing expensive), bag it, but write the PLU for peanut power on the bag instead (super cheap). Chances are the cashier doesn’t even know what nutritional yeast is :lol: nor do they care enough to question me

- I pick up change. Idc, penny, quarter, nickel, if I see it Im picking it up

- I'll cut the lotion bottle open when I cant get any more out the pump. Literally can get another 2-3 days worth outta it.

-I do the same PLU switcheroo as stated before in this thread at my grocery store for nuts and chocolates

- Jersey Mikes has a promo to where if you sign up for their e -club you get a free sandwich and a drink on your "birthday" I got hella e-mail accounts and I just submit a gang of them to where my bday is like a few days out. The coupons come pouring in. So whenever Im out running errands on a weekend and I get hungry I just find a local Jersey Mikes and use the coupon and get a free meal.

- If you sign up for the benihanna club or fogo de chao clubs you get like half off coupons. As stated before, I got a gang of emails so I'll subscribe a lot of them, then I'll print one off for myself and one off for my girl. We'll eat, and then at the end present both coupons. They say you can only do one per dinner but I always tell them we are on two separate tabs. They honor it, and bring out two separate checks and I pay for both with cash. So you get the nice experience and food for two people for the price of 1.

-Lot of purchases at like Target for pricey gadgets I go on walmart.com and find the independent sellers on there that they feature. They usually have whatever you are looking for way cheaper. I find that one kid you can tell who doesnt give a damn about the job and ask them to price match it. They are not supposed to because their not actually coming from walmart, but I worked management in retail for sooo long you realize the employees basically dont give a crap about the job so they dont care to do the investigation work they just ring that bad boy up. Ive gotten alot of stuff for waaaaayyyy cheaper than I should have.

- Another thing that I do is if Im gonna make a big purchase lets say like a couch or a fridge, I'll come to the store like 2-3 days early and find the one I want and leave. I wont talk to anybody or anything, just pinpoint it out and then head home. Then when I return in a couple days, if the store closes at 9pm Im walking in at like 8:55pm and I'll take my time. Usually the employees rush to you cuz they wanna go home and they are tryna scurry your *** outta there asap. Lock in on one of them and ask em questions about the product, be super friendly, then say hey I want to buy this. Nobody really expects someone who is walking in with 2 mins left before the store closes is about to spend like $500+ on an item. Then I inquire what discounts can I get. I usually get a lot off because 1 they are ready to leave and 2 a lot of times its commission based so they want that sale and theyre gonna do whatever to get their name attached to it. Recently a lot of employees at retail stores that Ive purchased from ask for a Google/Yelp review of their experience with their name specifically stated in the review in exchange for the additional discounts. This happens a lot at Sears.

Theres a lot more that I do I just cant think of it. These corporations make so much money off of the consumers so I dont feel bad saving my extra few dollars when shopping with them. Also like I said I worked in retail management for quite some time and to be honest the workers will damn near help you out on prices as long as your just respectful. They get treated like ish for majority of they day by their supervisors as well as the customers they serve so anybody thats super cool to them they usually look out for.

Go to places like Red Robin, Cheesecake Factory, etc. and tell them it's your birthday. Free dessert.

This **** really come in handy at time,

Regular cashews 6.99 per lb
Organic cashews 15.99 per lb :sick::sick::sick::sick:

Whole Foods don’t be playing but I make it work :nthat:

Yep, everything organic for regular price.

Same deal with self checkout. It’s all good since I’m doing their job I’m gonna save some money.

Don't you need an email
That's how I get out of jury duty

yea, but most once you put your email in its good for life or at least years. the hulu/spotify/showtime is good for 4 years, signed in at best buy years ago they still send the student coupons for discounts on dorm stuff. other stuff like the movies you do need to show id.

i dont got aaa or anything like that, but when i go on roadtrips i stay in the outskirted small town...i just say im a government employee and they normally swing that discount lol 10%.

i try to use student discounts for everything...im 31 n dont go to school

it always works tho

one of the greatest gifts in life is having an old university ID and/or an edu email. still use my .edu address to receive amazon prime at half off per year.

other cheapskate/smart **** im doing:
-dropped at&t and signed up with t-mobile. cheaper bill and decent coverage + they cover the cost of your netflix subscription
-signed up for the wells fargo propel card which has no annual fee, decent cash back offers, and provides free cell phone insurance
-im a slickdeals and bensbargain regular

real cheapskate **** i did back in the day:
-back in the high school when net zero used to send you those installation CDs with the offer of "40 hours of free dial up per month" my homeboy and i found out that once you hit the 40 hour mark you could format your desktop to reset your usage. safe to say, those old pentiums were getting formatted at least twice a week.

I was dishing out discounts like it was free candy when I worked for ATT. And lets just say those people were not employees of said company/hospitals/schools

Man when I worked at fedex I would give people free stuff all the time, boxes tape, etc. if you were nice I would hook it up. I feel like people like us are a dying breed :lol: nowadays you go somewhere and a mf will hound you for something that’s $0.10

Found a loophole and just said I have to give it to the people. I was getting commission, but some times I did it even if I wasn't getting a sale. Best way this paid for me was in South Carolina and I needed a rental in college. I was on vacation with a shorty, and I was a broke college student. Didn't realize I booked a trip in North Myrtle which was away from everything, went the rental place in walmart and they wanted like $300 for a piece of crap sentra.
Saw his phone, confirmed he had ATT. Told him I would 25% off his bill if he gave me the employee discount. He thought i was bs-ing of course. Called my boy at work, he put it in and son 'blessed' me with the Altima and I still only paid like $140 :smokin

Scan receipts through Receipt Hog app. Gotten $350 since 2014. Not a lot but it's free money nonetheless and not time consuming. Some receipts aren't mine so those times I didn't spend any money.
There are limits to how many receipts you can scan a week so try to scan big purchases, Costco is a good one.
Works on most receipts, some will give a spin on the slot machine that can win coins and some times cash prizes but I have yet to win any that way.

Instead of buying adult wet wipes, I keep a spray bottle with water in the bathroom.

Spray the toilet tissue when you’re done doing “#2”

Back
Top Bottom