check out this eighth-grade final exam from 1895 - How many did you get right?

Originally Posted by jigsta05

5. Tell what you can of the history of Kansas
eek.gif

This is actually one I can answer without notes, surprisingly.
-I think Natives were taken out, and Americans were allowed to go there.
-Kansas-Nebraska Act was put in place as part of the Compromise of 1850 I think to help make the Southern Democrats feel better.
-Basically it was a popular sovereignty thing over the slavery issue
-"bleeding kansas" was the name because abolitionists and pro-slavery people got mad, and eventually the abolitionists boycotted that election.

Now the arithmetic and geography were hard... arithmetic especially.

Most of NT should know and hate Eli Whitney though.

All the girls in that class probably looked like Abigail Williams out the Crucible

Arithmetics easy and I know bout 50% of the answers for everything else, but def wouldnt pass

Im printin this out and showing it to my English teacher

she was the one who told our class that the avg newspaper is written at a 6th grade level and even New York Times and such advanced ones are only around acollege freshman lvl, theyve been continually dumbed down. Do yourself a favor and look up old articles from like the 50s. They are quite frankly incredible.You will learn so much from reading jsut one.

I learned all that grammar nonsense back in 12th grade and promptly forgot it. Sooooo many rules ugh

Man, I have been getting academic honors since 5th grade, and I feel dumb right now......

Education now is basura...

Since it is summer, and I don't have a damn thing to do, I will answer all these questions.

Originally Posted by ljlukelj

Not really applicable... Let me study for all that stuff for a year first. I bet you they couldn't answer my 8th grade finals off the top of their heads either.
Pretty sure I wouldn't need to study for an 8th grade final at a local middle school to do considerably better than I would do on this 1985final.

I believe I knew this stuff when I was in eighth grade, but now it's not really useful, and I've forgotten it.

Back
Top Bottom