Cheerios Ad Starring Interracial Family Predictably Summons Bigot Wave (The Ad's Adorable Though!!!!

I'm pretty sure europe was excepting interracial relationships way before American ever had the civil rights movement.

Namely France.
indifferent.gif

The American view on immigrants from Mexico and South America is varied and inconsistent, that was a terrible example to use. Americans don't agree on anything at all, there's no majority bigoted view in this country. However, the French are EXTREMELY united on how they view foreigners. How about the treatment of Muslim people, and Muslim women in particular? What if it the roles were reversed and Catholics were being told to no longer openly observe their faith?

Off your high horse, chump.

Last edited:
Funny mentioning France given how famously xenophobic they are.

Funny you should bring that up, cause given how America views Mexicans I don't think there's any room to talk about France

The way France treats Muslims is wayyyyy worse than how Mexicans are viewed/treated by an ignorant segment of our society. We don't have laws banning religious garb, and persecute people for wearing it in public here, so it is in fact much more prevalent and blatant.

Not even mentioning the vast amount of racial abuse black athletes face OPENLY and directly with no true punishment in European soccer stadiums on a weekly basis.

Last edited:
Ask yourselves this: despite of what racial tension remains lingering in Americans, could ANY other European nation have elected a minority to be it's President/leader? You could argue that it's not a fair comparison because there are much fewer minorities in those nations relative to the United States, but therein lies my point exactly.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm surprised interracial commercials haven't been done before. In 2013 this should be the norm by now

As an African male who is both an actor and a firm believer in interracial relationships, I loved this commercial. Its about time that they show an interracial couple as a family, a unit and not just a "thing."

As an actor, I'm happy to see the man they cast was someone who can be considered an average joe. They didn't cast an actor with a "god-like" physicality, setting a false impression that that is only way a union of such could exist.

As an African male who is both an actor and a firm believer in interracial relationships, I loved this commercial. Its about time that they show an interracial couple as a family, a unit and not just a "thing."

As an actor, I'm happy to see the man they cast was someone who can be considered an average joe. They didn't cast an actor with a "god-like" physicality, setting a false impression that that is only way a union of such could exist.
YES...

it was a regular brother... a regular white girl...

and the cutust little mixed kid in the history of cuteness...

but damb all that...

SHE POURED CHEERIOS STRAIGHT ON HIS HEART, FAMB..

like... you cant eem explain the feeling you get from a little girl helping out pop like that.

Last edited:
It's a cute ad. I hate it though. Not because of the interracial thing, but because it's promoting Cheerios as "healthy". They're not and they need to stop lying to America. I guess I can support the little girl pouring the Cheerios out, so that part is cool.

I showed the ad to my gf and she ended up buying Cheerios last night to support. We are an interracial couple if that matters

People will always find something to complain about. I have no problem with the commercial. It's cute and I love Cheerios. In fact, I had a bowl of Cheerios this morning.

I think it's cool that interracial people are proud of the commercial and have gone out to buy Cheerios because of it. If you feel strongly about being more accepted then you should support companies who stand behind your situation.

First time seeing this (commercial). Kid literally poured the Cheerios on the dad's heart area; too cute...
laugh.gif

All them hating racist sons of b***** can go eat a bag of d****.

I agree I loved the commercial.   Reminds me of my own family.   We get racist smirks every now and then when we are out together.  I use to get pissed off but over time I just learned to ignore it.   No reason to let some strangers ruin our day. 

i dont know why people are freaking out...
in most commercials they have interracial couple/groups/friends all the time
yes i watch commercials for this reason..

commercial was funny though

North Oakland is probably America's capitol for interracial families, so it's hard for me to imagined how this could possibly be an issue. 
laugh.gif

The racists are upset over cheerios? 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom