Chicago Bars/Lounges that spin HipHop on Fridays?

whats good....

anybody know of any spots in Chicago that spin some good (not too commercial) hipHop on Fridays?

i got some people from out of town coming in on a Friday this month and want to take them out.

I usually hit up AliveOne or Tonic Room in LP, but want to see what else is out there that i dont kno about.

thanks in advance

PEACE.

hmmm..

Buzz
Wet
Soundbar
Debonair...i think not to sure
ill post more when i think of em
Team Caribbean
Kidz in The Hall- School Was My Hustle
Englewood Chicagos Southside..We rock mics like tysons last fight
DA' PRESSED

theres always funky buddha....free before 10...sometimes theres a band but 95% of the time is hip-hop

thanks for all the suggestions

im thinking more along the lines of bar/lounge and not so much the club vibe

something more like sonotheque (on scion events), darkroom wednesdays, or sub-T tuesdays

people lounge, rodan,the note(all by st alfreds), black beetle, moonshine on wed., lava lounge

chyeah...on that hiphop,downtempo,funk n soul type shee-it.

I like Elm Street in the Gold Coast and Debonair Social Club in Wicker Park.... both have east coast vibes.

^ how is elm street? whats the crowd like

ive never really been a fan of the gold coast, just not really my vibe around those parts...but just thought i should ask

thanks for all the suggestions folks, much appreciated

I need to check some of these places out in WIcker Park...never even heard of some of them

Whats the Debonair Social CLub like?

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
The windy city got kicks too joe

^real trendy hipster like...i like it though
Team Caribbean
Kidz in The Hall- School Was My Hustle
Englewood Chicagos Southside..We rock mics like tysons last fight
DA' PRESSED

^^^^^what kind of music is played?

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
The windy city got kicks too joe

They play stoopid commercial cRap at most places..From what I remember places that played real dope hip hop was Lava Lounge & Big Wig which now no longer exist...Hip Hop is dead..U can try Blue Note in Wicker Pk on fridays & of course Sub T's on Tues at least they've always kept it alive

Back
Top Bottom