Chicago Bulls Season Thread 2021-2022

After nearly screwing ourselves to the point of no return, we managed to end up in 6th place. Should be able to add a very talented player. Front office wont offer LaVine anything close to max money. It'll be a fair offer, but I have a feeling Zach may concede and stay here on a team friendlier deal. Dude knows not many teams have the kind of money he wants, and he also has to know he didn't particularly play much or that well coming off the injury. Bulls should be much improved next year, but that doesnt mean we're gonna make any noise in the playoffs. Curious to see what we do free agent wise. Still feels like we're stuck in the middle, which is not really a good place.

Yeah it's definitely Mikal over Miles if we can't get MPJ

I also don't think Portis starts over Lopez

Yeah it's definitely Mikal over Miles if we can't get MPJ

I also don't think Portis starts over Lopez

I agree BP will be 6th man & dominate with the bench lineup as he should

I think the bulls are lukewarm on lavine & they should be...

#6 & #22 ain’t bad once the lottery is set we can see how this will shake out

Didnt realize this dude was that good.

ANALYSIS BULLS EDITORIALS
Bulls: Former First-Rounder Noah Vonleh Finally in a Position to Succeed

After being lost in the shuffle in Charlotte and Portland, it seems that former first-rounder Noah Vonleh is finally in a position to succeed with the rebuilding Bulls.

BY ETHAN LEVY
APRIL 14, 2018
COMMENTS 0

As currently constructed, the rebuilding Chicago Bulls have three former top-ten draft picks on their roster. Their names are Lauri Markkanen, Kris Dunn, and…Noah Vonleh?

*double-checking my notes*

Yes, I do have that right.

The ninth pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, the Bulls acquired Noah Vonleh with little fanfare, only hours before the 2018 trade deadline. Looking to get under the luxury tax, the Portland Trail Blazers shipped Vonleh to Chicago for cap relief after falling out of the rotation, allowing the Bulls to take a risk-free flier on the former blue-chip prospect.

Vonleh, a former All-American, played college ball at Indiana University, where he wasted no time leaving a major impact. In his only year as a Hoosier, he averaged 11 points and 9 rebounds, finished first in the conference in rebounding, and was named Big Ten Freshman of the Year. He would cash his successful season in for a lottery selection, where the Charlotte Hornets would scoop him up and promptly tie him to the bench.

In Vonleh’s words, “Charlotte, they were a playoff team and I was a lottery pick so it was tough. They had their team set and brought in more veteran guys to help them get back to the playoffs, so that was tough.”

After failing to crack the rotation in Charlotte, Vonleh was cast off to Portland after only one season in exchange for veteran small forward Nick Batum €“the Hornets needed more immediate help in their playoff pursuits. But Vonleh again found himself stuck on the wrong team at the wrong time, as Portland had playoff aspirations of their own. For Noah, “Being in Portland, a playoff team, is tough for young guys because being on a team like that you make mistakes, you are coming out quick.”

Seemingly a journeyman at only age 22, Vonleh may have finally settled into a long-term home at the United Center.

“I’m definitely learning the NBA game [here], getting more comfortable, especially being around a young team. I can play through mistakes and get more comfortable game after game. I’m 22 years old. Most of the guys around are my age. We can definitely build something special here”, he said.

He’s not just saying that either — €“Vonleh’s time in Chicago, even in a limited sample size, has been impressive. While he wrapped his time with the Bulls this season averaging a modest 7 points and 7 rebounds in 19 minutes per game, Vonleh’s film shows he’s capable of plenty more. He demonstrated unusual agility, strength, and skill for someone of his size and stature, and showed off all the makings of a prototypical modern NBA big man.

Rebounding

At 6’9″, there doesn’t seem to be a reason why Vonleh is such a dominant force on the glass. His leaping ability won’t blow you out of the gym, but his tight-end-like physique and massive 7’4.5″ wingspan, as long as that of Kevin Durantand Dwight Howard, enables him to cast aside foes and snare rebounds at will. His strength, frame, and aggression on the glass is so reminiscent of 1990’s NBA basketball that it’s easy to forget he’s only been able to drink legally for a year.

Among those who logged at least 200 minutes this season, Vonleh placed 19th league-wide in total rebounding percentage, an estimate of the percentage of available rebounds a player grabbed while he was on the floor. That mark placed him ahead of well-established big men and notorious vacuums such as Anthony Davis, Rudy Gobert, Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson, and LaMarcus Aldridge. Vonleh is an elite rebounder already, and has plenty of room to improve as he gains experience.

Scoring

Vonleh’s unique blend of strength, speed, and skill is a nightmare to match up with on the offensive end. When he’s got his momentum, there’s just not much defenders can do. With the ability to put the ball on the deck, he’s able to blow past slower bigs with ease.

Chicago Bulls

✔@chicagobulls

https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/status/977706470279036928

.@NoahVonleh goes baseline for the big slam

8:39 PM - Mar 24, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

If he’s tasked with a smaller, quicker assignment, he’ll lower his shoulder and Mack-Truck his way to the cup.

Def Pen Hoops@DefPenHoops

https://twitter.com/DefPenHoops/status/975910921108369410

Well alright, Noah Vonleh
1f636.png

9:44 PM - Mar 19, 2018

And if neither of those work, his handle is tight enough to snatch ankles.

Def Pen Hoops@DefPenHoops

https://twitter.com/DefPenHoops/status/968655057318240257

Noah Vonleh drives.... Cody Zeller drops
1f605.png

9:12 PM - Feb 27, 2018

Unlike much of his time in Charlotte and Portland, Vonleh also demonstrated a surprising comfort and fluidity in his three-point shot. You’d have to think the Trail Blazers would think twice about giving Vonleh away for free had he shown this level of confidence in his stroke from distance on a consistent basis:

Gustavo Vega@iamvega1982

https://twitter.com/iamvega1982/status/967588345424605184

Noah Vonleh For 3

10:33 PM - Feb 24, 2018

In all, Vonleh made an impressive 18 threes in 21 games for the Bulls at a respectable 30 percent clip — certainly figures to build on for the 22-year old moving forward. In today’s NBA, the ability for bigs to spread the floor and gift guards driving lanes is essential–particularly in Fred Hoiberg‘s offense, which is predicated on spacing and three-point shooting.

Defense

Beyond his well-developed offensive arsenal, Vonleh shows plenty of promise on the other end of the court as well. While he has the strength and length to bang down low with the league’s brutes, Vonleh’s excellent footwork and quickness allows him to stay in front of faster opponents, and switch onto smaller guards if necessary. Watch as he keeps pace with the nimbler Brandon Ingram, then shows excellent anticipation to rotate over and turn away his shot a second time.

Price of Victory@price_victory

https://twitter.com/price_victory/status/926287765267939328

Noah Vonleh is hosting a block party in Portland. #RipCity

(Source: @trailblazers)

11:19 PM - Nov 2, 2017

With limited leaping ability and only a 1.3% Block Percentage this season, he’s no Patrick Ewing, but Vonleh’s anticipation and length is more than enough to fit him in as a rim protector in many small ball lineups.

To improve, Vonleh must continue to hone his shooting and expand his offensive arsenal beyond threes straight line drives. He’s shown flashes of an excellent back-to-the basket game, but an expanded array of post moves would further solidify his growth as an offensive threat. He has yet to put his unique skill-set to full use on a nightly basis, but as he continues to gain experience and minutes on a consistent basis, look for Vonleh to show major strides sooner than later.

In today’s game, bigs with the versatility to stretch the floor, switch on defense, and protect the rim are invaluable–€“those who can tilt a game with their dominant rebounding ability are even rarer. While Vonleh formed a nice tandem with Bobby Portis coming off the bench toward the end of the season, I’d like to see him as a small-ball center in more first-team lineups with Markkanen. Two bigs with their caliber of athleticism and skill would unlock driving lanes for Kris Dunn and Zach LaVine, and provide Hoiberg with plenty of flexibility on either end of the floor.

Vonleh will be a restricted free agent this June, but he’s done more than enough to prove his worth to a team in no position to cast aside such high-upside talent. The Bulls will retain the right to match any offer sheet he signs, but the league’s limited salary cap flexibility will likely land Vonleh on a bargain contract. Bulls fans should hope he’s finally found a home in Chicago.

blah man this team told the fan base sorry for trading butler BUT we got young talent and will tank in 17/18.....they didnt outright say it but they said it....and FAILED to tank......HOW?!?! OH it was signing mirotic to 12 mil a year days before camp opened!!!! HOW do you even sign a decent player for 12 mil a year and he is similar to lauri!?!?! our 8 GMs are very Lucky i don't own the team that move alone would have fired them. by making that move we have less cap space in 2018 and we only got 22nd pick in the draft.....these MORONS sold high 2nd round pick last year for 3 mil and basically spent 12 mil in 18/19 for the 22nd pick in the draft....

i hope for us to lose 10 more games next year, not for tanking but to clear house.

having said that lucky 7! i'd like porter if back is ok......@22 high risk high reward, draft anfernee simons or troy brown. Bulls need to swing hard with 22nd pick, try to get a guy who can sit for a few years and be a butler type.

again, i'd pass on LaVine and instead go after cepela....offer him the max, one of those contracts that are hard for the other team to match.......i know likely rockets match....still leaning to not giving the money to LaVine....if Cepela doesnt pan out and they go center at 7 or guard i'd sign parker for 15-22 mil for a year to play SF

ugh

Last edited:
Bulls were spotted at 6 and ended up with 7. Not the end of the world. We were never getting top 3.

Bulls were spotted at 6 and ended up with 7. Not the end of the world. We were never getting top 3.

mo bamba
young
maybe porter
jackson
would be good with any of them

i want nothing to do with carter.

with the other pick hopefully some guys like
lonnie walker
troy brown
dzanana musa
jacob evans
zhaire smith

These mohamed bamma interviews sound like he’s gotten a under the table promise to get drafted

ugh i'm about to lose it with this team.....who outside ownership thinks this is a well run team?!?! how do you not send one person to euro combine
they sell 2nd around pick for NO reason, it wasnt like they were over the cap......then mirotic, so one hand they sell pick for money yet OVERSPEND for mirotic weeks before camp starts...NO OTHER TEAM WANTED HIM!!! 12.5M when he was making 6 mil in 16/17. DOUBLE PAY!?!?! just tells me they dont know what they are doing. Chicago media needs to start hitting him with some hard hitting questions!

people are starting to mock Knox to us, i'm liking what i'm reading on him. bulls gonna have tough choice at 7...gotta hope these morons get lucky again

Last edited:
D680CD35-6328-4985-AD92-C768D5443752.jpeg

Felicio & zipster gotta go

im a big zach guy but look what signing him to a huge deal would do to the cap space and im like ehhhhh now.

we won't be a playoff team this year or hell next year either. look around the NBA there is no need to be over the cap and be a trash team. front office doesnt even know how to rebuild right.

i like the draft last night tho. not a big carter fan but i wasnt of markkanen and it worked out. i like the chandler pick

this is 2003 draft all over again. bulls had player they thought was a franchise changing player in wade and didnt pull trigger and instead get the safe player....they do the exact same thing with carter....dont see this guy being allstar....ugh bamba couldnt fall one more spot?

I would have traded both picks and future 1st rounder protected for number 3 and draft luka.

bulls need to redo tank this season....get rid of vets, don't sign lavine and lose lose lose

Back
Top Bottom