Chicago Bulls Season Thread 2021-2022

I’m sorry call me a homer or whatever else you want but

trading WCJ,Zach,Cobyor Lauri to move up for an unproven new player isn’t a real thing. It makes no sense none of these dudes are Luca or Brandon Jennings to have a greatness barometer(plus every one of those players had their game taken down a notch by boylen)

We should stay @4 & see how we cook.

The only people on the team now who shouldn’t be are Thad, kornet & felicio. Otto as a possible 4th on that list but we haven’t seen enough & no one is going to take the money he’s owed while giving someone of real value back so...

Moving up to get who ?

It depends on what direction Arturas wants to go, what coach they hire, and who they're looking to part with.

I'm still not completely sold on the Reinsdorfs not being cheap scum bags and trying to dump off players before they have to pay them (ie we could lose Lauri just cause hes up for an extension and they dont want to pay him).
They have already made such public claims regarding the loss of revenue for the upcoming season and how they're trying to save money for flexibility..........translation. We aint looking to spend any real money at the moment.

IF and its a big if, we are to believe that Arturas has full Bball control, then he will assess the team as a whole and evaluate which pieces he wants to keep going forward.

Lets do a simple breakdown of the guards first.

Lavine - has value, team friendly contract, but cant really carry a team and just looks like a looter in a riot playing on these Bulls teams
White - has value, rookie deal, unsure if he can be a full time starter or spark plug off the bench, not a prototypical pass first PG
Dunn - limited value, inconsistent play, going into year 5 and its clear hes not a starter, good D/shaky O/questionable decision making
Arcidiacono - hustle, D&3, struggle to get his own shot, limited to no value
Satoransky - system player, team friendly contract, bench mob

Lets move to forwards

Markkanen - regressed heavily, not assertive enough, Boylen stumped his growth, can he coexist in the block with Wendell?
Carter Jr - shows promise, rookie deal, going into year 3 has been sidelined his first 2 years with nagging injuries, played a total of 87 games in 2 seasons, can he coexist with Lauri on the block?
Porter - dont like this clown, always hurt, albatross contract, dont know why we gave up our flexibility to sign a max player just for him, dont know what he can bring, had 1 good year in WAS
Valentine - can we just cut this bum in the off season, Cam Payne's older scrubbier brother, embarrassed himself at the Drew league
Young - Why did we sign him? veteran leadership? serviceable, team friendly deal, can be a vital piece to a contender
Hutchinson - Hustle player, Solid D, rookie deal, like Wendell has been hurt his 2 years in the league total of 72 games played, bench mob

Centers

Felicio - trash, proof that gar/pax were/are idiots
Gafford - High energy, Solid D, streaky, hustle, rookie deal for a 2nd round pick, high value
Kornet - former Knick, nuff said

Now you ask yourself, what is our team identity?
Is this Lavines team? Lauris team?
Do we continue to roll with Zack as the main option? Is Zack's chucking taking away from Lauri or Wendell's post presence and stumping they're growth?
Does White stay being a perennial 6th MOY for years to come or does he become a productive pass first starting PG?
Whose philosophy are we running? Whos coaching and developing these players? whos gonna hold everyone accountable?

I don't really follow college BBall so I couldn't tell you who's got next, but from everything I hear this ain't a deep draft.

The reason why I asked if we should move up is because Arturas is taking the helm at a very precarious time.
Should he feel the need to move up to draft Anthony Edwards then you could easily move the #4 and Lavine to make room for your new SG.
Likewise if Arturas decides he wants the big guy James Wiseman then you could move Lauri or Wendell and try pairing one with the other.
There's value in a few of our pieces combined with the #4 pick.

But lets be clear........NO to BALL.

I’m sorry call me a homer or whatever else you want but

trading WCJ,Zach,Cobyor Lauri to move up for an unproven new player isn’t a real thing. It makes no sense none of these dudes are Luca or Brandon Jennings to have a greatness barometer(plus every one of those players had their game taken down a notch by boylen)

We should stay @4 & see how we cook.

The only people on the team now who shouldn’t be are Thad, kornet & felicio. Otto as a possible 4th on that list but we haven’t seen enough & no one is going to take the money he’s owed while giving someone of real value back so...
I think we should trade up. But, due to the nature of the season, we haven't really seen that much of our young prospects. Imo it would be foolish to trade away any of them. If we can move up a bit without giving away too much( this year's pick and next years) I would pull the trigger.

i really hope its not donovan or mcmillan. need a creative offensive coach with this roster.

i still beleive in lauri, him and zach can both go up a couple levels

"Among the finalists are Denver Nuggets assistant Wes Unseld Jr., Philadelphia 76ers assistant Ime Udoka, Milwaukee Bucks assistant Darvin Ham and former Brooklyn Nets head coach Kenny Atkinson, per The Athletic's Shams Charania."

Not the sexiest list of candidates out there but beggars can't be choosy, some interesting candidates tho.

Front runner being Unseld Jr. prob because of his closeness to Arturas in DEN.
Udoka is another interesting choice, I'm somewhat hesitant cause he comes from the POP coaching tree........time has shown us some real busters coming from those branches (Boylen included)
Atkinson prob has the best resume considering what he did with the misfit cast in BK before Kyrie and KD pushed him out the door.

I honestly don't know where all this interest for Ham came from, outside of coach Bud's playoff implosion, I dont know why he's on this list and not someone like Adrian Griffin.

^I hope NOT!.....only team that should get him is team that needs to sell tickets.....he basically just said he needs to be the man, he’s playing with a top 4 player in the NBA over past 5 years and he is not a match there? Wow, please no....

I want bulls to draft Hayes....like the highlights and like reading up on him 6’5 plays D and play maker good in pick and roll game.....that’s going to help our bigs and we need to get Lavine and white more of the catch and shoot and catch and attack rim offense with Hayes having ball most of the time....

I read In a few places “bulls believed to work out Hayes” why does it seem like its hush hush? And talk they are interested in trading up for ball? Maybe its to throw people off.....makes sense if you have a guy you’re targeting!

Last edited:
Well no need to sign Giannis now....

Hope these guys know what they are doing, just drafted a guy who never started a college game?? Yikes

I ‘m on record: Hayes best player from this draft....BOOK IT DAN-O

Last edited:
^^^if I ‘m giannis I would leave bucks and team up with young talent in the league.....heat with butler? Nah dude has 2-3 good years left.....

Holiday is a nice player who is 31? Gets hurt a lot.....him and Middleton are going to be your crew for next 5 years? Blah I wouldn’t be thrilled...you? Would you be?

If I were HIM I think best for next 10 years is to play with Cs or Mavs......bulls? If lauri and other player on the bulls shows real promise I’d consider them as well.....I was banking on lauri being at or near all star level last season....hope he can get there this season.....

If he leaves its going to be mavs or C’s book it

Welp, we’ll see how this guy pans out.

same thing I said. I have no clue about dude

i don’t think the bulls should be attach to anyone on the roster. Everyone should be up for a trade if the offer is right

I saw something about Zach to the 76ers the other day.

ginnas ain’t coming to Chicago. Lakers, knicks, mavs, raptors and heat have all been making cap space for him next year and outside of the knicks they will all have a better roster so he can win now

Bulls fan, I also have no idea about Patrick. He was the 2nd youngest guy in the draft, if I'm correct. But him not starting a single game, and Bulls taking him 4th, I don't know man. We'll see.

The pick still blows my mind.
I'm sure this kid could've still been there had they traded down to 6-8. Didn't even need to try to fleece someone but we could've bumped down a few spots to get an extra late 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder.

Won't complain about it till we actually see how they utilize him and what his strengths are.
Just weird Arturas and Marc would waste a top 5 pick on a guy who was coming off the bench for a school who's literally at the bottom of that Atlantic conference.

Feels like they went all in on the 4th pick to secure a mediocre 6th man when they could've had something better.

i don’t think the bulls should be attach to anyone on the roster. Everyone should be up for a trade if the offer is right

Been saying this for the longest.
Cats wanna act like we got a team full of untouchables.

There was talk this kid was going rising up this draft for weeks.....earlier in the week it was to pistons, then wed bulls were the team.......don’t know how real it was with pistons....but if you’re the bulls and your number 1 or 2 guy is this guy why risk trading down....unless when you do you have 3-4 guys that you love.....these front offices all know what teams are hot for guy and what teams are not....its no secret

We gotta give this team the benefit of the doubt here folks.......

Wonder what they are doing with lavine, he could be extended this season or next.....he is going to want his money which will put him in the 35 mil range...yikes.....I doubt they keep him....

I’d trade him for Ben Simmons

The pick still blows my mind.
I'm sure this kid could've still been there had they traded down to 6-8. Didn't even need to try to fleece someone but we could've bumped down a few spots to get an extra late 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder.

Won't complain about it till we actually see how they utilize him and what his strengths are.
Just weird Arturas and Marc would waste a top 5 pick on a guy who was coming off the bench for a school who's literally at the bottom of that Atlantic conference.

Feels like they went all in on the 4th pick to secure a mediocre 6th man when they could've had something better.

Been saying this for the longest.
Cats wanna act like we got a team full of untouchables.
I thought that we would could have traded down and gotten another pick.

Yeah, they could've traded down I'm sure, but it is what it is. On a positive note, him and Carter Jr. could provide great interior defense. Also he should be a very good stretch 4 in time. He shot 85% free throws, which tells me his shot will get there one day.

Back
Top Bottom