Chicago, I need advice

Chicago Nt'ers, I will be visiting for 2 days in July.  I need to know the absolute best spots to eat at, especially where the best deep dish pizza is.  My hotel is close to Union Station so something within a 45 minute walk from there is preferable.  Any other spots worth checking out is good too.  
And what are the must see places?  Hows the art museum or history museum?

deep dish is so cliche.

pizzaria uno, giordanos and ginos east all have deep dish. kinda pricey.

must see places: navy pier, millenium park, willis aka sears tower. of course, michigan ave- niketown, etc.

must eat places: subjective. what do u like?

I like everything, I'm looking for something that is unique to Chicago. Hot Dougs any good?

co-sign on Lou Malnatis for the best deep dish

you got transportation or just kind of confined around Union Station?

transportation? man you got the "L" what else you need lol....i have to co-sign again with lou malnatis for the pizza...gotta catch a cubs game(yeah imma northsider)
just walk downtown lookng at all the old buildings...man i miss home..

Lou Malnatis best Deep Dish for sure.
Never been to Hot Dougs but have heard of it.
Since Gene and Judes is not near downtown i wont even start talking about it. lol
As far a museums my top three are Science and Industry, Field, and Shedd Aquarium.
Since its in July a Cubs or Sox game might interest you.
If your trying to party and get tipsy Wrigleyville for sure (coming from a Sox fan)

ebe2023 wrote:
Since Gene and Judes is not near downtown i wont even start talking about it. lol

and why not? i must say gene and judes is the place to go for hot dogs(rubber dogs) as they like to call them...

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

if you are here on the 3rd of july , avoid the taste fireworks show at all cost
No 3rd of July fireworks anymore. Instead 3 syncronized shows on the 4th.

Originally Posted by DuBsTyLeDj

ebe2023 wrote:
        and why not? i must say gene and judes is the place to go for hot dogs(rubber dogs) as they like to call them...
well because i doubt he can make it out there so dont want to tease him lol Gene and Judes has the best hot dog and fries i have ever had.

Hot Doug's is incredible, and is a definite must-have. Carve out a good-sized chunk of time to eat there though, because the line is generally down the block.

And Kuma's Corner is easily the best burger I've ever eaten. It will also require a large chunk of time, as the wait can get upwards of 2-3 hours for a table (it's tiny). And they have the best music of any restaurant ever (loud-as-hell metal all the time).

catch a blackhawks game
to eat? portillos, lou malnatis, harolds chicken, it all depends on what you like. there are tons. believe me.
if youre going around the 4th, then taste of chicago all day.

Originally Posted by troublebound666

Hot Doug's is incredible, and is a definite must-have. Carve out a good-sized chunk of time to eat there though, because the line is generally down the block.

And Kuma's Corner is easily the best burger I've ever eaten. It will also require a large chunk of time, as the wait can get upwards of 2-3 hours for a table (it's tiny). And they have the best music of any restaurant ever (loud-as-hell metal all the time).

kumas is dope, but pretentious hipsters who flock there dont make it worth it for me anymore,plus i hate metal...i have a friend who lives right there, we usually get irie there til they call us and tell us its our turn to eat

square bar & grill which just opened right there is the new dope spot....they got a burger called the american dream: two 1/4 lb. patties covered in melted american cheese, a layer of hash browns, eggs, and bacon then two grilled cheese sandwiches for the buns
devil.gif

avondale def has some great food there, check out urban belly on california and mr pollo on belmont

Originally Posted by marksanchez2345

Originally Posted by marksanchez2345

26th and california

*%@# 26th and California...i hate even being near those cross streets...

bad time in county huh

You're Bogus G. Don't do this.

OP find the Red Line and take it to 87th get off and go to Harolds... 5 wings fried hard, salt & pepper, mild sauce... NO SLAW.  Get food... Promptly proceed back to Red Line and go back downtown. You'll Thank Me Later.

OP find the Red Line and take it to 87th get off and go to Harolds... 5 wings fried hard, salt & pepper, mild sauce... NO SLAW.  Get food... Promptly proceed back to Red Line and go back downtown. You'll Thank Me Later.

my wife is from oak forest and i used to have to start on the blue line at jefferson park and catch that to downtown and then catch the red line all the way south....what a trip....

my wife is from oak forest and i used to have to start on the blue line at jefferson park and catch that to downtown and then catch the red line all the way south....what a trip....

when i was in college my freshman yr kids were always gettin on the blue link drunk trying to make it back to the polk stop, but waking up at o'hare with some homeless dudes all up on em

if you wanna see "touristy" things stick to downtown, that's who it caters too..

if you wanna hangout come to Wicker Park.. it's chill, Saint Alfred is basically in the middle of it.. if your on NT you'll like it

www.stalfred.com

as for pizza i'd vote for Gio's, as to which one I have no idea.. I've only tried North Side locations, there are many

Back
Top Bottom