Chicago is bad.

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Did Ty just say this
eek.gif

Anyways, I love my city even through all the BS. I'm all up and down the Southside. I have family members on 79th. I'm from the 100s though. It's extremely sad to see these folks wylin' out first week in April but what the hell can you do when no one wants to help out the situation. It seems like the nation turns a blind eye to this situation, as if the President isnt from the crib
tired.gif
. Whatever, what can you do? National news 2 consecutive years and 0 course of actions 
tired.gif
This joint doesnt bother me. I'm not gonna sit here and argue with people who haven't stepped foot in the city though. I'm smart about my movements when I'm at the crib. You'll still catch me on Stony/Jeffery/Paxton/East End because its still a part of my life but I'm gonna be making a lot more trips to the loop/northside
ohwell.gif

tired.gif

"I Hate Summers"

Cmon man, we cant possibly still be trying to change things on the "system" or the govt or whatever else you looking to place the blame on.
This !%*@ been going on for years in Chicago. Theres more poverty stricken areas in the country that dont make these types of headlines on a yearly basis.

Originally Posted by SoFreakinWavy

why don't you get off the computer and go to chicago and call it trash then?
Because he does not want to be murdered in the streets?

Originally Posted by DuBsTyLeDj

Originally Posted by JordanKing Xi

Chicago > CALI > NY > YOU

You Know..... and fyi it's not just the south that's bad...any time and place it can happen......Rogers Park is on the north side..they get wild over there...take for instance i got people that stay at the ickes...i used to go there all the time...and you could always find me past the 60's...and you know where i got the most grief? %*$&#
   Humboldt Park on the North side....
Humboldt Park is more like on the West Side.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

and people swear chicago is the best city, especially in the summer..

the problem is, every year when the 1st sign of spring comes at least 40 ppl get shot the 1st weekend....if i'm not mistake last yr over 60 ppl got shot the opening weekend for the taste of chicago..
I doubt it's 60, but it's worst when they have the fireworks.

Nothing new here, the 1st spike of warm weather and all the aggression pinned up during those cold months gets released. when you couple that with the fact that boys are afraid to knuckle it up these days... You almost have to expect this. :/

As soon as it warms  up.   

28                 29            30                 31               1               2 

Hi   63°F      Hi   45°F    Hi   50°F     Hi   77°F     Hi   82°F    Hi   80°F 

Lo   32°F     Lo   33°F   Lo   38°F     Lo   50°F    Lo   56°F   Lo   61°F 

so what do you people in Chicago think the problem is? is Chicago being unfairly targeted in the news or is it really just that bad in some parts?

what do you guys think it will take to change it?

Man as sad as this is,the media make it worse by the way they phrase things like this... "40 people shot in 50 hours",I mean I know it is true but incidents like these just make the whole city look like crap.

Sidenote: I was just home for the last month and spent most of, if not, all of my time on the Southside...I need to get out of my comfort zone whenever I come home.
ohwell.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by donjuan513

No nerves touched. You don't wanna go then stay your scarry self wherever you're at with your Air Jordans on. Chicago is still with you.

eek.gif
 lol you alright my dude
laugh.gif
.......ty like"**** it let me roll my pants down on these cats"
grin.gif

Originally Posted by KanyeBreast

No nerves touched. You don't wanna go then stay your scarry self wherever you're at with your Air Jordans on. Chicago is still with you.

eek.gif
 lol you alright my dude
laugh.gif
grin.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

mytmouse76 wrote:
so what do you people in Chicago think the problem is? is Chicago being unfairly targeted in the news or is it really just that bad in some parts?

Everybody got they own individual problems no sense in trying to lump them together. We all know why the !%$+ happens and it is what it is.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

The problem is people aren't over gang-banging sad to say. Almost every shooting incident in Chicago due to some sort of retaliation. I can't even say its just the kids either, there are ignorant grownups also.
It is bad in some parts, but there are bad parts wherever you go in the world for that matter.

If you born and raised in the Chi you know that its nothing new. I feel that the media is only reporting more because of Obama. This has been going on for years, I think it was worst in the late 90s. Living here you learn the rules of the street because something as simple as your fitted tilted to one side in the wrong block will get you shot/jumped. The madness will never end because gang bangin runs deep.

Crib has always been rough in spots... but there are nice spots as well.. news always has focused on the negatives... southside is no joke though..  them wild 100s in the 90s were crazy.. Its always gotten crazy when the weather breaks..  nothing new there.  I love Chicago... been a chicago fan my whole life..  but to each his own 

WTB  Trainer 1s size 12 thru 13 Manny Pacs first colorway, Ladanian PEs, Jimmy Rollins PE, Trainer 1 Oregon PEs
WTB LEBRON SAMPLES AND PEs size 12 and 12.5 NEW OR USED
WTB Nike Maestro red all star colorway any size 11.5 thru 13 any condition besides beat.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

and people swear chicago is the best city, especially in the summer..

the problem is, every year when the 1st sign of spring comes at least 40 ppl get shot the 1st weekend....if i'm not mistake last yr over 60 ppl got shot the opening weekend for the taste of chicago..

Why can't #%%@#% just have fun in the sun?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

If you born and raised in the Chi you know that its nothing new. I feel that the media is only reporting more because of Obama. This has been going on for years, I think it was worst in the late 90s. Living here you learn the rules of the street because something as simple as your fitted tilted to one side in the wrong block will get you shot/jumped. The madness will never end because gang bangin runs deep.
i disagree w/ this statement...i think it has more to do w/ the internet/ social networking era...i woke up this morning and i saw this on twitter, facebook and NT and i dont even live in chicago..

10 yrs ago, i would have never known about what happened unless I was watching WGN after a bulls game.

I've been all over the US and in a lot of different hoods and IMO that englewood are of chicago is the worst.

I dont know what LA did, but crime in LA is on a major decline, same w/ NYC..

Originally Posted by KanyeBreast

eek.gif
 lol you alright my dude
laugh.gif
grin.gif
czasdrftgyuiojkol
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif