CHICAGO PEOPLE....Help me out!

^^^dude you lucky its kind of cloudy today because if the sun was out it will be burning up and feel like 200 degrees lol

Originally Posted by myth58

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Thanks NT bros for suggestions....it is hot as %$%% out here! heat index is something like 109 degrees

Just was going down Michigan avenue and Niketown....never knew their was a beach in Chicago either
laugh.gif

Im in town for the Yankees, so I'm going to the games tonight and tmrw at us cellular.

Plenty beaches...north ave beach is where you can find the most...beaches.
laugh.gif
 Everyone says that to me whenever they get back from Chicago. "I had no idea they had beaches." North. Ave. is probably the best beach Chi has. Forget Portillo's. Hit up Patio Beef on Broadway in Edgewater. And say hi to my family for me. Hit up Milwaukee Ave. down by like St. Alfred's and walk around. There's plenty of cool shops, hip bars, and good food. I'm a vegetarian so I've yet to go, but my Uncle and cousin did the plumbing for DMK Burger Bar on Sheffield and claim it's the best burgers they've ever had. My cousin gets the 'Big DMK' which is their take on a Big Mac. A little expensive though and apparently they're @%#$ when it comes to people asking to change something on their burger. 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Hit up Cafe Ba Ba Reeba on Halsted. I cannot praise this place enough. Definitely one of my favorite restaurants I've ever been to and easily the best Tapas I've ever had. It's not too expensive. My reccomendations: Mushroom & Rice Croquette (#6), spicy potatoes (#30), braised shortribs (#51), shrimp with garlic, olive oil, pepper flakes (#44), and my favorite the fried green peppers in salt (#33), it's just peppers that aren't breaded and dropped in the fryer. So damn good. Oh and if you go during Happy Hour (4-6) and sit at the bar everything's cheaper. Also their Sangria's pretty damn good.

harold's of course....

sometimes when i go back home i travel out to river grove to get some gene and judes....

and there is this place on addison /pulaski i believe...called "best burrito" or something like that...delish

i'm a gino's east type of guy myself...

hopefully you don't end up at 26th/california lol

Patio beef used to be my spot back in the day. We're right on the lake, why wouldnt there be beaches?

Originally Posted by oidreez

Patio beef used to be my spot back in the day. We're right on the lake, why wouldnt there be beaches?

It totally makes sense just never crossed my mind

Welcome to Chicago....best hot dogs....gene and judes and hot dougs.....best deep dish Lou Malnatis.....best thin crust....I'd say home run inn but there are a lot of great places that make a great thin crust.....best burgers....paradise pup....best beef is not Als imo its johnnys on elmwood park...best bbq smoque is pretty good...if u want a great steak sandwich I'd recommend this place called Mr Ds....PM if ur interested with any place and I'll reply with the addresses and how to get there....enjoy your stay and ....

Summertime in Chicago>>>>>*

Hopefully you'll understand.....Oh and Harolds got great chicken but I prefer priscillas.....Jims for a great polish sausage and pork chop sandwich....Lawrence Fisheries if you're in the mood for seafood...

Damn no mention of the gangs/how to wear your hat/or where to stay away from lol.
All these things listed make me wanna do a few days out there. Where to stay (hotel)as far as location to most of the "sites?"

Don't go to Harolds (off the Ryan) wearing that Mariners retro fitted!!!

You can do pretty much what you want DOWNTOWN though

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Damn no mention of the gangs/how to wear your hat/or where to stay away from lol.
All these things listed make me wanna do a few days out there. Where to stay (hotel)as far as location to most of the "sites?"

LOL they fine with me wearing my Astros or Rockets Fitted? 
embarassed.gif

don't C0ck that hat son...lol

not if you wearing the stros at with the H and the 5 point....they might mistake you for a cvl from humboldt....lol

Back
Top Bottom