CHICHARITO signs with Utd?! How you say Manure in Spanish?

Wow, didn't know he was being tracked like THAT. They must need to sell some jerseys.
laugh.gif

[h1]United to sign Mexico striker
[/h1]

Manchester United have announced a deal to sign striker Javier Hernandez from Mexican side Chivas for an undisclosed fee.

javierhernandez4122010mufcshirt_275x155.jpg

Hernandez, 21, has agreed personal terms and passed a medical but is still awaiting a work permit. Should a permit be granted, he will join United in July after the Mexico international returns from the World Cup.

As part of the deal, United will play a friendly at the Chivas Stadium ahead of the 2010-11 season.

Sir Alex Ferguson told the club's official website: "I am delighted to reach agreement with Chivas to bring such an exciting young striker, who has been in such prolific form for both his club and his country.

"He will be a great addition to our squad and we look forward to welcoming our first Mexican player in the summer. We are equally excited to play our first game in Mexico, opening the magnificent new Chivas Stadium in July."

Chicharito, or "Little Pea", as he is known, has scored four goals in his first four games for Mexico.

Granted it was the preseason and Guardiola was playing Henrique and Fontàs for large parts of the game, but the kid did tear Barça a new one this past summer. He has a very good skill package but like all Mexican exports will take a while to get used to the European pace and largely to the type of discipline Alex Ferguson imposes.

It seems like a shrewd business move aimed at reaching the Mexican market, and if he pans out at a decent player it could be a good tactical maneuver as well.

all i have to say is
pimp.gif
, totally unexpected, i was expecting something after the WC IF he had a good tourney, im just happy as hell!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by rockforlight

I heard that is was a packaged deal... His father will be now doing the landscaping at Old Trafford.
pimp.gif
Get this garbage out of here. 
indifferent.gif

I heard that is was a packaged deal... His father will be now doing the landscaping at Old Trafford.
pimp.gif

If you were trying to be funny, that was lame.

But as far as Chicharito goes, he has been tearing it up at Chivas and El Tri.

Very delighted to hear about this move.

That's great for him but I really don't see much playing time because he has to compete with the other players in his position e.g Berbatov, Owen, Rafael etc.

pimp.gif

reported

I'm not trying to instigate or anything but I'm just wondering...how many Mexican players have had prolonged European success? Rafa Marquez has obviously done well for himself but it doesn't seem like many other Mexicans have been able to adjust to the European game. Ofcourse there are some young Mexicans playing for huge European clubs but it'll take a while before we can assess them.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

I'm not hispanic but I find that comment offense.
Im Mexican myself and i find that hilarious, its just words my dude, Internet, not that serious

he'll develop as well as dos santos.

Not to play Captain Save-A-Knucklehead, but Giovanni never really had the chance. He came up during the most tumultuous stretch Barcelona has been through in the past two decades, had enormous expectations placed on him and had to deal with a) the fact that Bojan, a local, was called up at the same time and seemed to develop faster, which turned the public against dos Santos for not living up to expectations and b) the fact that there was no figure of authority in that dressing room, so he wasn't held to any discipline standards.

And by the way, ManU already has a very good share of the Mexican market. I grew up in Mexico DF and it's unbelievable how many people woke up early to watch ManU's games on Fox Sports.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I'm not trying to instigate or anything but I'm just wondering...how many Mexican players have had prolonged European success? Rafa Marquez has obviously done well for himself but it doesn't seem like many other Mexicans have been able to adjust to the European game. Ofcourse there are some young Mexicans playing for huge European clubs but it'll take a while before we can assess them.
Don't consider myself a mexico soccer history buff, but I would say the only other player would be Hugo Sanchez. I hope chicharito and others (vela, gio, moreno, jona etc) can have success for themselves and pave the path for others. However, if playing with a euro team means being benched or not even being called up for games, some of these guys needs to really figure out if this is the best way for them to develop.

pimp.gif

I'm Mexican and I don't find it offensive. Dude was making a damn joke. You know the funny thing? If it were true, he would make beaucoup dollars if he were in charge of the field of old trafford. Get the stick out cha *#% and laugh a little.

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

don't be too sensitive guys.

It's a joke. I support Club America...The stereotype is that all construction workers, plumbers, landscapers,roofers,etc... make up the Chivas fan base.
laugh.gif

It's a joke. I support Club America...The stereotype is that all construction workers, plumbers, landscapers,roofers,etc... make up the Chivas fan base.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

It  is tho...+ they got some classless fans and that scum of Vergara

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Hugo Sanchez, Luis Garcia, Osorio, Salcido and Guardado (he is the star in Deportivo but he is only been there for 2 seasons). It's like with every country, you get excellent players in the home league, that not always assure that you gonna get a excellent player in other country.

Argentina and Brasil are the same way, just that in México 1 of 1000 go to Europe, wile Argentina and Brasil get 1 of 50, it's just an estadistic thing.

Also this is HUGE for Chicharito and for México, you don't know how many people love this guy. I live in Guadalajara and people go insane for him. This is like every kids dream. Inspirational **$+, right over here...

And this ain't no 'selling t-shirts' thing, Barcelona, Man Utd, Madrid, Inter, Milan already have the game on lock over here.

Back
Top Bottom