China's "Elephant Man" speaks on his life

niketalk

frown.gif

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

i personally would have painted funny things on my humps and put on a mask and entertained children.
thats cuz ur an inconsiderate moron.

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

HNS
smh.gif

*10 pages of people quoting this, giving me the stoneface, and flaming me*
-The Juice

Good thing your being sarcastic.
laugh.gif

I hope.

Thats really sad. I'd be a friend, cause besides money and traveling and whatnot. All he really needs is a good friend to talk to without looking at him funny.

There was a young Haitian child with a similar tumor, and surgeons were able to remove it a little while back. Her face is still severely disfigured, but at least surgeons were able to stop the growth of the tumor before she turned 18.
frown.gif

It's amazing how much his family has stood by him. I know that overseas, children with unusual/incurable disorders are usually ostracized and discarded.

Originally Posted by HyphySole

really sad. I hope the operation worked out for him
I just googled him, and doctors have removed 42 lbs from his face. There are no new videos or pics though.
ohwell.gif
I hope he has been able to find some happiness in his new appearance.

Originally Posted by BlackStilettos

There was a young Haitian child with a similar tumor, and surgeons were able to remove it a little while back. Her face is still severely disfigured, but at least surgeons were able to stop the growth of the tumor before she turned 18.
frown.gif

It's amazing how much his family has stood by him. I know that overseas, children with unusual/incurable disorders are usually ostracized and discarded.
Exactly what I was going to say. Especially so in places as rural as where he came from....nobody would have really given a !$$%, either. 

Originally Posted by sherwin100s

Makes me think about a lot of things.
smh.gif
. i'm too lucky.
"Tis true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God.
Could I create myself anew,
I would not fail in pleasing you.
If I could reach from pole to pole,
Or grasp the ocean with a span,
I would be measured by the soul,
The mind's the standard of the man."
A poem by Isaac Watts that Joseph Merrick (Elephant Man) would use to end his letters.
frown.gif

Most of lifes problems are pretty insignificant. I hope this video makes a lot of people reaalize that.

Back
Top Bottom