Chipotle closes 43 restaurants due to E. coli outbreak

That cafeteria style serving was always suspect in my eyes.

"Health officials are investigating an E. coli outbreak linked to Chipotle restaurants in Washington state and Oregon, health officials said Saturday.

Three people in the Portland area and at least 19 people in Washington have become sick after eating at the Mexican food chain since Oct. 14, the Oregon Health Authority said.

No deaths have been reported and about one-third of the people have been hospitalized, agency spokesman Jonathan Modie said.

Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. spokesman Chris Arnold said the safety and wellbeing of customers is always its highest priority.

He said Chipotle was notified by health officials that they were investigating E. coli cases that included people who became sick after eating at six restaurants.

“We immediately closed all of our restaurants in the area out of an abundance of caution, even though the vast majority of these restaurants have no reported problems,” Arnold said in a statement.

The company said 43 Chipotle sites have been closed in the two states.

Chipotle will work with health officials to determine when to reopen the restaurants and to find the cause of the problem, Arnold said.

Modie said many people may not see a doctor after becoming ill, so the number of people sickened in the outbreak is likely higher.

People who become sick with vomiting and bloody diarrhea, and who ate at a Chipotle between Oct. 14 and 23 should see their health care provider, officials said."

- Yeah, y'all not joking, that Chipotlaway
smokin.gif
is a requirement the next morning.
nerd.gif

My friend got chipotle catered yesterday [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
I've ate it a million times and been good
BUT
yesterday I got lowkey gassy

Sorta low key flavorless. How they can make fajita meat and cilantro lime rice flavorless is beyond me. I get it about 4 times a year as a change of pace.

Usually though my states burrito variety is just too varied. Carne adovada, ground beef, papitas, chicharrone, carnitas, refried beans, red chile, green chile, scrambled egg for the breakfast burrito variety. Bland burritos have their place I suppose.

Told yall ****** Chipotle was shady.
Ain't touched it in my life, I knew it was only a matter of time

Start going to local spots

Hole in the wall mexican spot would never give you e. coli. and even if it did then you would get it for a fraction of the cost...more money to spend on your medical bills

In before the Mexican food elitist come in and tell everyone about how trash Chipotle is, and how their local spot is way better
chipolte is trash though.

lmao srs in houston there are a billion mom and pop taquerias that are million times cheaperr

Back
Top Bottom