Chlamydia cases hit STD record in U.S. in '06

[h1][/h1]
Chlamydia cases hit STD record in U.S. in '06
Associated Press
Nov. 14, 2007 12:00 AM

More than 1 million cases of chlamydia were reported in the U.S. last year - the most ever reported for a sexually transmitted disease, federal health officials said Tuesday.

Officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta said they think better and more intensive screening accounts for much of the increase but added that chlamydia was not the only sexually transmitted disease on the rise.

Gonorrhea rates are jumping again after hitting a record low, and an increasing number of cases are caused by a "superbug" version resistant to common antibiotics.

Syphilis is rising, too. The rate of congenital syphilis, which can deform or kill babies, rose for the first time in 15 years.

The CDC releases a report each year on chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis, three diseases caused by sexually transmitted bacteria.

Chlamydia is the most common. Nearly 1,031,000 cases were reported last year, up from 976,000 the year before.

The count broke the single-year record for reported cases of a sexually transmitted disease, 1,013,436 cases of gonorrhea, set in 1978.

Since 1993, the CDC has recommended annual screening in sexually active women ages 15 to 25.

Chlamydia rates are more than seven times higher in Black women then Whites and more than twice as high in Black women than Hispanics. But it's a risk for women of all races, CDC officials said.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1114STDRates1114.html

sick.gif

Damn. It's time for youngsters to start thinking twice before jumping in the sack with every male/female that comes along.

It's all fun and games until you catch something and get put on the inactive list.
smh.gif

Im not surprised at all.
This chick I know caught or has something and she cant close her eye-lids and she has this nasty body rash,with an odor and she claims its a new form ofchicken-pocks....I dont know
sick.gif

Gonorrhea rates are jumping again after hitting a record low, and an increasing number of cases are caused by a "superbug" version resistant to common antibiotics.

They all creep me out but this one in particularly is definitely on the top of the list. Just doesn't seem worth it

Let me start off by saying that I don't ever want anything, but...

With the way things are going these days, you know it's bad if a man feels lucky to have the clap

Golden Armz, do you have anything to contribute to this post sir?

laugh.gif
As a recent recipient of G & C, (I'm free &clear now...
smokin.gif
) I'd advise all of you young men to use a condom.Regardless of how "clean" she seems, there is a possibility of catching an STD thru unprotected sex...
frown.gif

Remember: If you don't have a condom, your better off jackin than gettin it crackin...
smh.gif

Damn I missed being a part of something big by a few months....

Naw I'm kidding. That's pretty bad right there...

Be careful you guys AND girls...the test alone should make you wanna wrap it up 3 times!!! I felt all kinds of violated after it...

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

laugh.gif
As a recent recipient of G & C, (I'm free & clear now...
smokin.gif
) I'd advise all of you young men to use a condom. Regardless of how "clean" she seems, there is a possibility of catching an STD thru unprotected sex...
frown.gif

Remember: If you don't have a condom, your better off jackin than gettin it crackin...
smh.gif

They should put that on a bumper sticker or something

they should just teach that in sex ed

and damn statistics like that make me grateful for certain sections on certain sites
nerd.gif

Not too surprising. Younger people having sex with no real knowledge of the diseases out there (especially the women with all the possible infections they canget) are bound to have more problems.

Consider the C as a first warning...You can cure Chlamydia with antibiotics and get on your way. Hopefully you have learned your lesson by then!

Back
Top Bottom