Choking/Freezing up UNAPPRECIATION

So today I had to do my final in-class presentation for a International Business class. Ususally I'm a fairly decent presenter, and I go in without too much prep work and do just fine. However, today I knew our project was pretty half-assed and that we were pressed for time. When it came to my turn, I just drew mind blanks. I kept stuttering like I was choking on a chicken bone, not even looking at the class, skipping points, mis-reading words, and basically just not making any damn sense. I felt the whole class was looking at me like this
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I've always thought of myself as a good public speaker. 
ohwell.gif
 Any tips on how to come back and just shake it off if you start choking? I basically just got worse as I knew I was messing up, I messed up even more. How can I come back if such a thing happens again? 
frown.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by hymen man

You scared doggie?

I think it was more of the fact that I knew every presentation was gonna be the #$%@ and ours sucked, and then on top of that I didn't even know my material well. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sauuceking

I've always thought of myself as a good public speaker. 
ohwell.gif
 Any tips on how to come back and just shake it off if you start choking? I basically just got worse as I knew I was messing up, I messed up even more. How can I come back if such a thing happens again? 
frown.gif
mad.gif
Just think of everyone as admirers and you're making a great, influential speech to appease the crowd.

Just realize that chances are, 80% of the people aren't even listening and won't even notice. I've gave a lot of presentations for my classes for engineering stuff, I've messed up a few times but realized that no one really notices...it's all on how you can captivate your audience.

Originally Posted by hymen man

Well, atleast you're through with it.
happy.gif

Good advice so far. I'm actually feeling the opposite though, it was the last class and I hate going out like a chump. Would love the opportunity to redeem myself. 
ohwell.gif

I think sometimes you just gotta laugh/joke it off. If you say something wrong, for example, just be like "Wow, sorry guys it's been a long day.
happy.gif
"

Originally Posted by acidicality

Just realize that chances are, 80% of the people aren't even listening and won't even notice. I've gave a lot of presentations for my classes for engineering stuff, I've messed up a few times but realized that no one really notices...it's all on how you can captivate your audience.

word son. aint no one even payin attention so you good. I seen a video (communications class) of my first presentation. cheese and rice it was bad. I got so much better than that, that presentations are simple. just know youll do better next time so dont sweat it.

Who cares what they think anyways, you will never see these kids again after this class... you're not there to impress anyone, so you froze up.. big deal. Hopefully you pass and that will be that.

Back
Top Bottom