Chris Bosh Allstar campiagn youtube style

ALL-STAR GAME: BOSH STARTS HIS CAMPAIGN

MATTHEW SEKERES

December 31, 2007

Houston -- Chris Bosh may not be criss-crossing Iowa or heading to New Hampshire any time soon, but during primary and caucus season in the United States, the Toronto Raptors forward has his own campaign.

Bosh is trying to send himself to New Orleans this February for the NBA all-star game, and spent his Christmas break producing a humorous video to boost his candidacy. The video is available on YouTube.com and on Bosh's website, chris-bosh.com, and features Bosh like you've never seen him before.

"I wanted to do something different, and I noticed that I was behind in the polls," Bosh said with a laugh.

As of Friday, Bosh was third among Eastern Conference forwards, behind Kevin Garnett of the Boston Celtics and LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers. Fan voting continues until Jan. 20, with the starters being announced four days later.

"I know those guys are going to get the majority of votes and I wanted to do something to get me an edge," Bosh said.

The 77-second long video features Bosh in his best used car salesman outfit, complete with cowboy hat and bolo tie, and speaking in his best Texas twang. The spot was filmed just outside Bosh's house in Dallas by Bosh, his brother and his girlfriend. His brother plays Bubba, the only other on-camera character.

"I had to really, really exaggerate [the accent]. But a lot of people talk like that where I'm from so I know the slang," Bosh said. "I'm a funny person - I think. So I wanted to surprise a lot of people because I knew people didn't see that coming. Plus, I want to get my website a lot more traffic."

Bosh said the theme was inspired by a recent Snoop Dogg video, which got him thinking about motifs. "I saw that video and said 'Man, what's old and corny and cheesy?' And I thought a used car salesman."

Bosh is normally laid back and his indiscernible accent does not suggests he's from the Southwest. But in the video, Bosh lays it on thick.

His energy, accent and delivery are all amplified as though he were a huckster shilling used pick-up trucks.

Bosh tells viewers "we don't want your money, we just want your vote" and that "filling out these ballots is easy as cow-tipping."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
the first thing I pointed out when I first saw the add too.
laugh.gif
funny stuff, but you know its going to get some young kid's votes
laugh.gif

C'mon, he even acted texan for you!
laugh.gif
Have a heart!

OH MY GOD!!!!!! That video is STRAIGHT comedy!!!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I never knew Chris Bosh had that personality...i always thought he was a shy quiet dude.

I'ma have to vote for him just off of this video alone.

^ At least someone gets it.... not directed toward anybody by the name of You Big Dummy... ... ... ...

... ... ...
roll.gif

Hilarious. Not the video. But the fact that this clown found the time to make this video instead of focusing on winning. Hoser.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
how did i know that your pathetic self would come into this thread to bash Bosh. Its not our fault that the team you cheer for has basically boughtthemselves a championship.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

laugh.gif
how did i know that your pathetic self would come into this thread to bash Bosh. Its not our fault that the team you cheer for has basically bought themselves a championship.

Who cares who I cheer for? What does that have to do with my opinion on this video?

P.S. - You can't buy a championship in basketball. Exhibit A - New York Knicks

what your opinion on this video has to do with that nothing is ever good enough involving the Raptors. Your an obvious hater of the team. The commercial wasobviously to bring in laughs, except from yourself, which really isnt a surprise

what your opinion on this video has to do with is that nothing is ever good enough involving the Raptors. Your an obvious hater of the team. The commercial was obviously to bring in laughs, except from yourself, which really isnt a surprise

What are you talkin about boss? I said I found the video hilarious, due to the fact that it was a pathetic attempt to garner All-Star votes. When he putsthis much thought and effort into winning, the Raptors are gonna be alright.

^ Did you not see the add!? It costs you zero dollars to vote for Bosh!!!!

How much is Zero dollars in Canadian money?

jk
tongue.gif

funny vid though, Bosh =
pimp.gif

but still not voting for him, sorry

maybe once
pimp.gif

What are you talkin about boss? I said I found the video hilarious, due to the fact that it was a pathetic attempt to garner All-Star votes. When he puts this much thought and effort into winning, the Raptors are gonna be alright.

Exactly my point. You said you found the video hillarious for the reason I was explaining. You found it hillarious cuz your a blatant hater. And its not likethe Raptors arent alright. I mean, sitting around 5/6 in the conference is so horrible right? And to say that when Bosh puts more thought in on the court? Imean, you obviously dont know anything about the raps as it is because your hate blinds your judgement.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, Chris Bosh might have a little personality? I mean, can guys not have fun in the NBA anymore?
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom