Chris Bosh says that he wont sign an extension with the Raptors...

Let the rumors begin...

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/645658

Raptors' Bosh suggests he'll opt for free agency

Jun 04, 2009 03:29 PM

Chris Bosh, the Toronto Raptors all-star, suggested strongly Thursday that he will forgo signing a contract extension this summer, setting himself up to beamong a historically stacked NBA free agent class next year.

"(When) I signed a three-year (extension in 2006)... I had a goal in mind, and that was to put myself in the best position (in 2010) ... I'mthinking I just want to stick to my goal, stick to what I was doing," said Bosh.

"That's a part of the plan ... I just want to address things (after) next season. There's a reason why I did things the way I did them backthen."

Bryan Colangelo, the Raptors president and general manager, has spoken optimistically about the odds of inking his best player to an extension this summer,when Bosh could sign a three-year addition to his current deal as early as next month. Still, Colangelo was hardly taken aback by word that Bosh was leaningstrongly toward opting out of his current deal in 2010, when the 6-foot-10 forward would be among a crop of free agents that includes LeBron James and DwyaneWade.

"I have been pretty clear that that's what I anticipate his position to be," said Colangelo.

Bosh, slated to earn about $15.7 million (U.S.) next season, said leaving his contract status hanging will be a "win-win situation" for both himand his struggling team, which won just 33 games this past season.

"It puts pressure on both sides. It puts pressure on me to perform, and it puts pressure on the organization to perform as well," said Bosh, whowas speaking after he performed his paid duties as the celebrity drawmaster for Saturday's Woodbine Oaks horse race.

He'll be signing a max deal outright with the Miami Heat on the eve of 2010 Free Agency.

^LOL, no.
eek.gif

You want him to but you already know where he's coming.
pimp.gif

Read OP's sig

I'll add to the fantasizing.
laugh.gif

If I were the Grizzlies, I would save my money this off-season and just flat outbid everybody in the free agent market in 2010 to grab him. They already willhave around 15-20 mil this off-season and Darko contract expires after next season as well. There's only a certain amount those teams like NY and MIA canoffer if they plan on trying to get two stars. So, why not Memphis just offer most of their money to one star, extend Rudy, Gasol and be set with not having toextend OJ til' like 2011 or 2012 and Rubio sometime afterwards.

Rubio
OJ
Rudy
Bosh
Gasol

eek.gif

That's alot of money in that starting lineup, but I believe it would be well worth it.

I am positive bosh wont come back to the raptors. I can only hope colangelo can get something substantial in return without just letting him walk. it'll besad to see him leave though, hes been a classy guy.

Why is this shocking?

I thought it said he won't sign an extension this summer? Which is not surprising.

Neither will any of the other 2010 players.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif

If I were the Grizzlies, I would save my money this off-season and just flat outbid everybody in the free agent market in 2010 to grab him. They already will have around 15-20 mil this off-season and Darko contract expires after next season as well. There's only a certain amount those teams like NY and MIA can offer if they plan on trying to get two stars. So, why not Memphis just offer most of their money to one star, extend Rudy, Gasol and be set with not having to extend OJ til' like 2011 or 2012 and Rubio sometime afterwards.

Rubio
OJ
Rudy
Bosh
Gasol

eek.gif

That's alot of money in that starting lineup, but I believe it would be well worth it.
Well.. for some reason, I have a feeling OJ will head to the Lakers, idk why but maybe a Laker fan can answer that for you
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Supafly122

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif

If I were the Grizzlies, I would save my money this off-season and just flat outbid everybody in the free agent market in 2010 to grab him. They already will have around 15-20 mil this off-season and Darko contract expires after next season as well. There's only a certain amount those teams like NY and MIA can offer if they plan on trying to get two stars. So, why not Memphis just offer most of their money to one star, extend Rudy, Gasol and be set with not having to extend OJ til' like 2011 or 2012 and Rubio sometime afterwards.

Rubio
OJ
Rudy
Bosh
Gasol

eek.gif

Well.. for some reason, I have a feeling OJ will head to the Lakers, idk why but maybe a Laker fan can answer that for you
ohwell.gif
Yea, but that wouldn't be til' around 2016 because he will be a RFA and we would have his bird rights once his rookie deal is up. I knowMemphis wouldn't let him go just to go, so more than likely if the team is winning, he will at least be in Memphis 6-7 years (if he leaves after that isquestionable).

I don't even see why this is a thread.

Is Lebron signing with Cleveland this summer? Is Wade singing with the Heat?

Why is this shocking?

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Why do you believe Chris Bosh loves Toronto? Because he isn't vocal about being unhappy there? Because he says the right things?
laugh.gif
Come on man...
I could turn the question around why do you believe he is unhappy in Toronto. The only people who say that are American media guys who generally don't know what they are talking about.

He has always been vocal about his love for this city anybody around the team will tell you that and it's not like he hasn't had chances to bolt before and we SUCKED when he still re upped his contract.

The guys is about winning, if the Raptors didn't implode we wouldn't even be having this conversation I assure you of that.

laugh.gif
Bro, I'm from Dallas... Played ball with and against CB for YEARS... It's not exactly a secret around here that he's not in love with the idea of spending his career in Toronto...
Let's break it down then. If this is true Chris Bosh hates one of the greatest cities in the world and 4th biggest market in North America

1. Why did he not force his way out the first time? When the team stunk, why did he resign?

2. How come there has never been any news of this beyond Nowitness Dallas NBA player pick up games
laugh.gif
, @%%! bud, you should have sent that @%%! to Ric Bucher maybe he takes care of you with some cash. Nowitness stay chillin with NBA players on the regular, you should have warned Dirk about that gold digger.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

3. So you believe that Chris Bosh is also an double talking low character guy and I'm not talking about what he says in the media because any I've known to be in contact with Chris says he loves the city.

Maybe we should ask TDot since he is probably more likely to come into Chris than I would.
laugh.gif

If the team is good chris will be back it's that simple.
P.S. I was being sarcastic, in case that isn't clear now.

I was arguing that the CITY has nothing to do with it.

I have always said, if the team is good Bosh will stay if we suck he will leave, it's that simple.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Why is this shocking?

Why do you believe Chris Bosh loves Toronto? Because he isn't vocal about being unhappy there? Because he says the right things?
laugh.gif
Come on man...
I could turn the question around why do you believe he is unhappy in Toronto. The only people who say that are American media guys who generally don't know what they are talking about.

He has always been vocal about his love for this city anybody around the team will tell you that and it's not like he hasn't had chances to bolt before and we SUCKED when he still re upped his contract.

The guys is about winning, if the Raptors didn't implode we wouldn't even be having this conversation I assure you of that.

laugh.gif
Bro, I'm from Dallas... Played ball with and against CB for YEARS... It's not exactly a secret around here that he's not in love with the idea of spending his career in Toronto...
Let's break it down then. If this is true Chris Bosh hates one of the greatest cities in the world and 4th biggest market in North America

1. Why did he not force his way out the first time? When the team stunk, why did he resign?

2. How come there has never been any news of this beyond Nowitness Dallas NBA player pick up games
laugh.gif
, @%%! bud, you should have sent that @%%! to Ric Bucher maybe he takes care of you with some cash. Nowitness stay chillin with NBA players on the regular, you should have warned Dirk about that gold digger.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

3. So you believe that Chris Bosh is also an double talking low character guy and I'm not talking about what he says in the media because any I've known to be in contact with Chris says he loves the city.

Maybe we should ask TDot since he is probably more likely to come into Chris than I would.
laugh.gif

If the team is good chris will be back it's that simple.
P.S. I was being sarcastic, in case that isn't clear now.

roll.gif
roll.gif

and get the %@%@ out of here with any big name FA signing with horse @%!+ memphis

The difference is there is a good chance that LeBron resigns with the Cavs and there is little doubt that Wade will leave the Heat in 2010. Evenif LeBron/Wade do not plan on resigning with their clubs this summer, there is a 0.00000001 chance that they get traded within the next year. Bosh on the otherhand has effectively put himself on the trade block as everyone expects him to bolt the Raptors next summer. He's forced Colangelo's hand and a Boshtrade is imminent.

I dont think that trading Bosh will be as easy as it seems for the Raptors. A lot of the teams interested in Bosh will not be looking to give up a lot oftalent for a one-year rental. The team that acquires Bosh will pretty much demand that he signs a long term extension. The problem is that Bosh wants to playon a winner and most teams in a position to contend next season will be unwilling to trade much for Bosh...it's basically teams like the Clippers,Grizzlies and Thunder who have the most to offer the Raptors however there's no way in he.ll Bosh wants to join a rebuilding club.

shareef abdur raheem 2.0

wouldnt want him as a number one guy and face of franchise. but would be a great number two.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

The difference is there is a good chance that LeBron resigns with the Cavs and there is little doubt that Wade will leave the Heat in 2010. Even if LeBron/Wade do not plan on resigning with their clubs this summer, there is a 0.00000001 chance that they get traded within the next year. Bosh on the other hand has effectively put himself on the trade block as everyone expects him to bolt the Raptors next summer. He's forced Colangelo's hand and a Bosh trade is imminent.

I dont think that trading Bosh will be as easy as it seems for the Raptors. A lot of the teams interested in Bosh will not be looking to give up a lot of talent for a one-year rental. The team that acquires Bosh will pretty much demand that he signs a long term extension. The problem is that Bosh wants to play on a winner and most teams in a position to contend next season will be unwilling to trade much for Bosh...it's basically teams like the Clippers, Grizzlies and Thunder who have the most to offer the Raptors however there's no way in he.ll Bosh wants to join a rebuilding club.
The thing if nothing presents itself this summer we could always wait till the trade deadline or let the contract expire.

All I know if anybody wants Chris Bosh I hope they want Jason Kapono and Marcus Banks too.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom