Chris Mullin - to the HOF this week

Loved the interview he just did on CSN.

Will definitely be going to the game where the Warriors retire his number sporting #17 jersey.

& people think he's from a watered down era lol

Great player & member of the original Dream Team.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

All White Guy team

PG - John Stockton
SG - Jerry West
SF - Chris Mullin
PF - Larry Bird
C - Bill Walton

Originally Posted by Vsano

& people think he's from a watered down era lol
Shut up. That thread is not about the talent at the top of the league. And Mullin peaked before the watered down era, so your point is moot.

4 good seasons and he's a HOFer.. the basketball hall of fame is a joke
I loved Mullin when he played and realize he's probably a fringe HOFer. But we need to also remember this is the basketball HOF and not the "pro" basketball HOF.

Mullin has this on his player resume in addition to his NBA success:

Signing to play for St. John's University in nearby Queens, Mullin in his freshman year averaged 16.6 points per game (also setting the school freshman record for points scored). In his subsequent three years for the Redmen, he would be named Big East Player of the Year three times, named to the All-America team three times, receive the 1985 Wooden Award, USBWA College Player of the Year and lead his team to the 1985 Final Four. He was also elected to the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame.

Mullin also won the gold medal playing for the United States in the 1983 Pan Am Games, 1984 Olympics, and 1992 Olympics.

- Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski considers Mullin choosing St. Johns over Duke one of his biggest recruiting defeats.

- "Every shot he made on that court, it was like Toscanini, the conductor," former St. John's coach Lou Carnesecca said. "Nothing happens in performance that doesn't happen in rehearsal and he certainly rehearsed. He loved it -- a fanatic."

- Mark Jackson: "I don't think I've ever known anyone who loved the game so much, who worked harder at it and got more out of it than Chris Mullin. He was actually a gym technician. He's as smart a basketball player as the game has ever seen."

- Magic Johnson: "When God made a basketball player, He just carved Chris Mullin out and said, 'This is a player.' "

- Jim O'Brien: ''He's a miniature Larry Bird. Neither of them have the speed, but both use their bodies extremely well coming off picks to bump defensive players, just enough to get them out of position. They are both players who are difficult to double in the post because they are such good passers.''

- Donnie Walsh: "One of the game's great shooters. One of the best to come out of New York City --high school, college, NBA. St. John's should be proud."

Originally Posted by Johnson1

All White Guy team

PG - John Stockton
SG - Jerry West
SF - Chris Mullin
PF - Larry Bird
C - Bill Walton

Moving Bird to 4 just to add Mullin instead of just having Nowitzki at 4? Unless you were only talking about white guys from the U.S., where Havlicek should be the 3. And I'm as biased in favor of the 90s players as they come.

Back
Top Bottom