Christian school threatens to suspend student for attending GFs Prom

smh.gif

Originally Posted by Twig1026

indifferent.gif
...since when can you suspend someone for what they do out of school
Having an altercation with another student before you get home. Well, at least that's how it worked when I was younger. So to counter thatfolks would go home drop off their backpacks then proceed to meet up at a spot and fight there
laugh.gif

But back to the topic, there rules should only apply while the student is on campus during school hours. They can't control this kid's life
grin.gif

This is not religion's fault. It is the fault of fundamentalism.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
@ fundamentalists who take it too far.

Fundamentalism FTL.

If the school is claiming that rock music is a seed for rebellion, they must've never heard of Christian rock music. how hypocritical.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Originally Posted by Twig1026

indifferent.gif
...since when can you suspend someone for what they do out of school
Having an altercation with another student before you get home. Well, at least that's how it worked when I was younger. So to counter that folks would go home drop off their backpacks then proceed to meet up at a spot and fight there
laugh.gif

But back to the topic, there rules should only apply while the student is on campus during school hours. They can't control this kid's life
grin.gif

indifferent.gif
If you do that at my school and they find out you still getsuspended smh.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

laugh.gif
at him complaining. You know the school has dumb rules but you agree to go there
laugh.gif
You think all kids have a say in where they go to school?

it is kinda base on religion. I went to a Church of Christ school from like 3 till 8th grade and they didn't have dances because they believed it was a sinto dance or something like that, it was crazy. when we asked one of the subs why we didn't have dances and she said that "dancing leads topregnancy" her exact quote.
I'm not really sure if that was just school policy or part of their beliefs cause I'm not Church of Christ, but I think it's part of their belief.correct me if i'm wrong

BS.

Local jesuit high schools have proms here in Cincinnati. St. Xavier, Moeller, Elder, all have proms yet they're also private Catholic schools.

What a dumb school.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

protestants
smh.gif
WOAH, theyre baptists, so dont syh at every protestant

the school is stupid though, and I wouldnt agree to their rules, but the family signed off on it, so its their own fault for not reading or comprehending therules

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

protestants
smh.gif
WOAH, theyre baptists, so dont syh at every protestant

the school is stupid though, and I wouldnt agree to their rules, but the family signed off on it, so its their own fault for not reading or comprehending the rules
Pretty sure the rule doesn't specifically say "thou shall not attend another school's prom"
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

BS.

Local jesuit high schools have proms here in Cincinnati. St. Xavier, Moeller, Elder, all have proms yet they're also private Catholic schools.

What a dumb school.

my school's a private Lasallian Catholic school too & we still have prom.

i don't see the reason why they try to interfere with their students' lives outside school
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

BS.

What a dumb school.
Not all have the same views as others though. Some may have more modern views compared to those with fundamentalist views, such as the school inthe article. It all depends on the school I guess.

laugh.gif
at the people who are saying it's not a religion thing.

If you believe in any religion, you SHOULD be a fundamentalist.

Why be in a religion., if you're not gonna follow all the rules of the religion?

You can't just choose what rules you want to follow and what rules you don't want to follow.
laugh.gif

You'd be better off NOT being in a religion.

Back
Top Bottom