Christian school threatens to suspend student for attending GFs Prom

http://news.yahoo.com/s/a..._us/us_school_dance_flap

The suspension would then prevent the kid from graduating.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by DarthBunny

Yoda wrote:

Religion
smh.gif
laugh.gif
At you thinking this is religion's fault

Clearly the school thinks the way parents did in the 60's and 70's with Ozzy, Zeppelin, The Doors, etc etc.

Did you not read the article?

Christian school wants to ban a kid for going to his GFs prom because he's gonna dance with his gf, hold hands, and kiss..And cause Rock and Roll "ispart of the counterculture which seeks to implant seeds of rebellion in young people's hearts and minds."...

GTFOHWTMFBS

Originally Posted by Yoda

Originally Posted by DarthBunny

Yoda wrote:

Religion
smh.gif
laugh.gif
At you thinking this is religion's fault

Clearly the school thinks the way parents did in the 60's and 70's with Ozzy, Zeppelin, The Doors, etc etc.

Did you not read the article?

Christian school wants to ban a kid for going to his GFs prom because he's gonna dance with his gf, hold hands, and kiss..And cause Rock and Roll "is part of the counterculture which seeks to implant seeds of rebellion in young people's hearts and minds."...

GTFOHWTMFBS
I so understood that there.

i dont think its religion's fault its its the school's.....extremist FTL

they on some foot loose @%+#

Unless stated in the bylaws of the school, they can't do anything to him for participating in any events outside of the 4 walls of the school or on schoolproperty.

how would they even know? he should of just went, i don't think they're keeping tabs on all their students like that

Originally Posted by cartune

laugh.gif
at people using that article to attack religion

I just can't stand how @+$-backwards religion is.

*exits thread for good*

Originally Posted by Wooly Willy

how would they even know? he should of just went, i don't think they're keeping tabs on all their students like that

Im pretty sure that to go to another school's prom, you need to get a guest pass signed by both schools. At least that is how is was/is out here.

smh.gif

Sounds similar to our high school... no proms.
indifferent.gif

Suspending him? That's too much.

Back
Top Bottom