Christopher Nolan to direct WWII drama ‘Dunkirk’ (1st trailer is up)

Nolan will direct a World War II-themed movie, in which Mark Rylance, Kenneth Branagh and Tom Hardy will star, according to Variety.

The English-American director's next project has been confirmed as "Dunkirk," the story of the evacuation of the eponymous French town during World War II.

In an exclusive with Variety, Greg Silverman, President of Creative Development and Worldwide Production at Warner Bros, confirmed "We are thrilled to be continuing our collaboration with Christopher Nolan, a singular filmmaker who has created some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful films of all time."

"Dunkirk" is slated for release on July 21, 2017.
http://news.yahoo.com/christopher-nolan-direct-dunkirk-093810114.html

Last edited:
First 15 min of dunkirk >>>>>>>> saving private ryan, apocalypse now, inglorious basterds, schindlers list

woils like to see the director of the reverent co direct w Nolan in a war movie
He action scenes in the reverent were really good

Hardy 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Always excited for a new Nolan movie. 

he's been very consistent with his feels towards CGI and 3D, he won't **** with them. he'll have engineers trump up large objects, cars, watever to make a movie. word to the tumbler batmobile, word to the giant centrifuge for that hallway fight in inception. the black hole in interstellar was enhanced i think with CGI but originally made using photography and light, then just imposed on film i think.

and he loves being as accurate as possible. to make interstellar, he hired Kip Thorne, astrophysicist at Cal Tech, and one of the head figures in the project (forget what its called) that discovered gravity waves 2 weeks ago. Nolan made Thorne executive producer of the film, and lead on all the science in that film, hence why it was so acurate.

Nolan = IMAX. his last...5 films? all filmed via IMAX cameras, where possible. truly one of my fav directors of all time.

he's been very consistent with his feels towards CGI and 3D, he won't **** with them. he'll have engineers trump up large objects, cars, watever to make a movie. word to the tumbler batmobile, word to the giant centrifuge for that hallway fight in inception. the black hole in interstellar was enhanced i think with CGI but originally made using photography and light, then just imposed on film i think.

and he loves being as accurate as possible. to make interstellar, he hired Kip Thorne, astrophysicist at Cal Tech, and one of the head figures in the project (forget what its called) that discovered gravity waves 2 weeks ago. Nolan made Thorne executive producer of the film, and lead on all the science in that film, hence why it was so acurate.

Nolan = IMAX. his last...5 films? all filmed via IMAX cameras, where possible. truly one of my fav directors of all time.
Word. My mind is always blown how he and his team manage to create so many things without the use of special effects. One of the GOAT directors for sure.

Last edited:
His movies are good but I feel like they are intentionally made to not be fully understood. He's trying to be clever and "leave it up to you to interpret", but there's too many holes in the movies (in my opinion) for them to hold up over time

Back
Top Bottom