Cigar 6 legit check

Posted these pics on another site and somebody mentioned the brown color was off and the ring diamonds were supposed to be square not circular, so I came straight here. Got me from stockx. What yall think? I'll post more pics when I get home

Attachments

• 20190701_122331.jpg
    20190701_122331.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190701_122301.jpg
    20190701_122301.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 19
Ring should DEFINITELY have square "diamonds".

You personally bought these from StockX?
Or from someone who said they did?

Last edited:
Yeah they dropped the ball on this one. Close; but no cigar!

** Also just noticed your pairs tongues appear to be the wrong shade/too dark. The tongues should match the color of the laces on a legitimate pair.

Legit pair for comparison: https://www.kicksonfire.com/air-jordan-6-cigar-exclusive-look-2/

Appreciate the help. I've contacted them about this and hopefully I dont get a bunch on pushback from them. I took more pics and yea they just look off to me...pretty good fake copy tho smh

Attachments

• 20190704_174521.jpg
    20190704_174521.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190704_174541.jpg
    20190704_174541.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20190704_174601.jpg
    20190704_174601.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 4
  • 20190704_174612.jpg
    20190704_174612.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20190704_174625.jpg
    20190704_174625.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20190704_174635.jpg
    20190704_174635.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 13
Should there not be a trail leading back to the original seller? Does he get held responsible or does it all fall on SX? Just asking.

Should there not be a trail leading back to the original seller? Does he get held responsible or does it all fall on SX? Just asking.
Not 100% sure. This is why I was asking if they've replied..I've never used their services, so I'm not sure how they proceed in a case like this.

Not 100% sure. This is why I was asking if they've replied..I've never used their services, so I'm not sure how they proceed in a case like this.
I'd love to know what they use to authenticate shoes as far as guide lines, what to look for in particular shoes etc. because we know there are specific tells & things to look for on specific models. Not sure how they overlooked something so specific on that J 6. This should be a cut & dry case of the customer having a specific & very valid point with the shape of the diamonds after being told by those that legit checked these.

I realize they're authenticating a ton of shoes on a daily basis but we've all seen instances where the only question was " how the hell did these not get rejected immediately ?! " due to dirt, scuffs or clear signs of the shoe being fake, worn and or missing pertinent accessories on shoes that have 1 requirement and 1 requirement only to be sold on their platform and that's that they are deadstock. They need to sink more money into their procedures and training.

I also thought I read that they just reached a 1 billion dollar evaluation recently and Luber stepped down as CEO ?

I guess I am speaking out loud because I do not know. But you would think in this case specifically that SX would have the shoe returned to them to verify the error was made on their part. Then have on file as to where it came from originally and contact them. Can they do that? To me, SX is responsible completely. There could have been a chance the original seller didnt know they were fake. Would SX be able to go back to the seller and cry foul? I have never purchased through them either. I have heard too many negative stories on here to take a chance. I know ebay gets knocked on quite a bit, but you can at least see all the pics you need to see with paypal protecting if you dont get the same pair thats shown.

"I also thought I read that they just reached a 1 billion dollar evaluation recently" There lies the problem. Once a company like this sells out to the stock market they have little control anymore. It's all about the dollar after that and what your shareholders want.

The checkers are more than likely know it all's with Instaclout, who probably weren't even into kicks when these came out. Just my opinion of course.

Nice! Glad it worked out. Make sure they pay or refund all shipping as well. You shouldn't be responsible for any lose of $ on this deal.

Also, the part about their "Quality Assurance Team" checking them out made me laugh..You mean that same QA team that sent the fakes? Yeah you can just skip that part.

Nice man. Glad they just decided to do the right thing and didn't suggest trying to resell them on SX which I've seen them do before in instances like this.
You've seen where they have suggested putting known fakes back on their platform? Or was this a legitimate pair that had a flaw or buyer backed out or something?

You've seen where they have suggested putting known fakes back on their platform? Or was this a legitimate pair that had a flaw or buyer backed out or something?
No this was actually someone who had a pair of UNC off whites that had clearly been fake and they threw out the " SX is a marketplace " and they literally suggested they put them back on the " marketplace " to sell them. I remember commenting as a joke something like " yeah, that's if they even pass inspection and don't get kicked back for being fake ". I also mentioned that what they suggested was BS because that's them suggesting you pass the buck and make it someone else's problem. Pretty fu*ked up, right ?

If I remember correctly the kid who bought them from SX ended up making a few YouTube videos on the subject/problem. I'll see if I can find the videos and I'll post a link if I can find them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom